Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on May 4, 2012
I looked over and compared different travel bags for weeks. I had bought the Citysafe 100 and it was too small for what I wanted, so my daughter made out with a new travel purse. I finally decided on the Citysafe 200 GII and couldn't be more pleased. I was concerned it might be too big for me since I'm only 5' 2," but it's perfect and can't wait to use it in Spain next month. The advantage of the GII is the RFID protection, that will block high tech identity thieves from downloading the personal info that is stored on the micro chips in your passport and credit cards. It's getting harder and harder to stay ahead of thieves as they use the latest technology to their advantage. Thank you Pacsafe for keeping up!

It also has all the features you depend upon when buying a Pacsafe travel handbag. The straps are slashproof, zipper pulls can be attached to security hooks to thwart pickpockets and there is stainless steel wire mesh in the panels, so thieves cannot slash and open your purse with a knife. Gosh, how sad is that? But it happens, and I want to be prepared and not have my vacation ruined, especially since it is preventable.
55 comments| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2012
I bought this bag for a 2 week european vacation and am really happy with my purchase. I got the midnight blue colour, since everything else I own is black - but it's still muted enough to be low-profile.

The bag was comfortable to be worn across my body, even when I loaded it up and it got heavy. I saw no signs of wear or strain when I stuffed it full and tried zipping it up. It rained almost every day wherever I was, and none of the contents seemed to get wet. I used the compartment at the end (likely intended for a water bottle) for my folded umbrella so that I could quickly pull it out and I could stash it there when it was wet without getting the rest of my stuff soaked.

The inside was well-designed. Lots of pockets and clear divisions to allow you to stay organized. I also used it as my carry-on for my various flights and could easily find anything I needed without pulling everything out to look for a pack of gum, my iPod, or my passport. I appreciated this in a confined space like a flight, and it's also nice to be able to grab what you need while you're in a shop or train station where throwing your stuff around makes you look disorganized and likely marks you for pick-pockets as an easy target.

I appreciated that everything zipped - the side pocket could be zipped and kept against my body so that I didn't worry (much) about losing anything.

I highly recommend this bag for your travels, or as a casual day bag at home. Great product.
0Comment| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2013
This will be my 4th Pacsafe purse and I have always been very pleased with the product. However, the fabric on this one is completely different than previous products and looks much cheaper. Pacsafe makes fantastic product but if you have purchased the purses before, you will be disappointed in the new fabric. It is really cheap looking and I am afraid that it will get really dirty and grungy looking very quickly.
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2013
Pros
- It holds a lot - it holds my ipad, kindle, iphone, large wallet, sunglasses and a quart sized liquids bag - no problems. It also can hold a water bottle and umbrella for inclement weather.
- Lock for Zipper - It's bit of a pain to get it hooked, especially if your bag is really packed to the gills and heavy - but it definitely keeps pick pockets out. The one time I forgot to clip it Paris - I caught a pick pocketer's hand in my bag. Needless to say, I haven't forgotten to clip it since.

Cons
- the only thing that might not work is the RFID pocket - I tested it with my security badge to see if it would keep the badge from scanning - no dice. Not the same tech ID thieves use, I know, but I wouldn't trust it from that sort of breach.
on July 21, 2012
This travel bag is wonderful!!! It is so well made and has numerous pockets inside (for cell phone, padded area for ipad, passport and credit card area with antitheft RFID,) zippered areas, slash proof on strap and bag itself, locking device to secure to a chair or table when dining, and locking zipper. The lining is of a contrasting color...making searching for items a breeze.

The bag is so comfortable on my shoulder and I can wear it across my chest with comfort as well. Bought the black so that dirt and grime won't show. It will accompany me to china...so will give an update when I return. It is the perfect size and it even has a side gusset to allow for more room inside if necessary. There is also a pocket for a travel umbrella and small water bottle.This will be handy for the overnight train rides in China since my checked baggage will be inaccessible. This way I can put clothing and personal items in without worry. The material of the bag is very sturdy. I'm very pleased with this purchase...and Amazon had a great price!
on November 1, 2012
Previous to this bag, I had the Metrosafe 250 Shoulder bag. It gave me shoulder problems when I carried my iPad 2 in it for long periods of time. I don't have any problems carrying it in this handbag. This bag has lots of slots and zippered pockets (one on the inside and one on the outside) to stuff all my junk. There are two outside pockets to hold water and an umbrella plus the inside pocket for my iPad. I feel safe carrying my things in this bag because of the RFID blocking feature as well as all the other safety additions.
on May 14, 2013
I bought this bag specifically for a two week trip to Europe this spring. I have just returned, and can now safely say it is an excellent bag. It holds a lot of stuff; enough for long day trips and to keep extra items in for the plane ride over and back. I was able to keep a compact umbrella comfortably stowed in one side pocket and a water bottle in the other pocket. I opted for the Copco -Hydra Bottle 16.9 ounce water bottle, which is available on Amazon. It is the same size as a "regular" plastic bottle of water that you would purchase at the store, and fits easily into the side pocket (which expands when you undo the hidden snap closure). My passport fit perfectly in the RFID safe pocket.

The locking zipper took some time to learn how to lock and unlock quickly, so I do recommend using this bag for at least a couple of weeks prior to your trip to get used to the feel of it so that by the time you are ready to travel, you are able to lock and unlock it quickly. I bought my bag a month ahead of time in order to break it in and become familiar with it for this reason. The steel cable in the strap is flexible, and not uncomfortable at all. My only complaint there is that when the bag is packed extra full with heavy items, it can rub on your neck if you choose to wear it cross-body style (which is how I wore it the entire trip). Because this was a common complaint I saw in previous reviews, I also chose to buy a shoulder pad to go over the strap to add some extra cushion. I bought the Manhattan Portage Small Shoulder strap, which worked out great, but which absolutely required a breaking in period first. It is very stiff at first, so if you are planning on using this for a specific trip, order it ahead of time to get it nice and broken in before you go.

As is the norm in Europe, we experienced rainy weather. Water seemed to simply bead on the surface and just roll right off, keeping the contents of the bag dry the entire time. Dirt wiped off easily, leaving the bag looking new. It still shows no wear and tear after almost 2 months of ownership and very hard use.

This bag is a real work horse, and the extra added security features make it an even better value. Overall, I think this is an excellent bag, and definitely worth the money for traveling overseas.
on May 14, 2015
Using this during a vacation to Venice, Florence and Rome was the best investment of my trip. Passports/money were secured away, with the additional lock, with easy access to tickets, coins, AND water bottle. A true lifesaver.
review image
on December 2, 2012
I love this bag. I took it to Paris a month ago, and all my valuables were safe due to its many security features, even as we walked at night, rode the trains and metro, and frequented many places known for their pickpockets. It is as organized a bag as I've ever owned. And though the material is not as gorgeous as leather, it is durable, attractive and matched everything I wore. (I bought the black.) I now use the bag as a daytime bag at home even though I own many beautiful handbags because the organizational features are superb. An excellent choice for travel.
on May 24, 2015
Got this bag as a present for my daughter. This our 4th pacsafe bag (all different models/type). This Citysafe 200 is perfect and was exactly what I was looking for as far as size specifications. It's big enough to hold a 13" MacBook Pro, and perfect for a 13" MacBook Air (see photo).

Highly recommend!