5.0 out of 5 stars Pacsafe Metrosafe 100
Published on February 28, 2012 by Alwcr

2.0 out of 5 stars Dimensions are WRONG
According to the dimensions, this should fit an iPad mini. It does not. The bag is really rounded a lot, and the dimensions are possibly accurate at the widest and tallest part, but it will NOT hold an iPad mini.

iPad Mini Height: 7.87 inches (200 mm) Width: 5.3 inches (134.7 mm)
bag dimensions (from description) Product Dimensions: 3.1 x 8.7 x 6.1...
Published 21 months ago by Tracie

5.0 out of 5 stars Pacsafe Metrosafe 100, February 28, 2012
Bag is constructed very well and the security features work great. It is light and not a bother to carry around. It is smaller than the pictures look so make sure you do look at the dimensions (3.1 x 8.7 x 6.1 inches) if you have larger items. My wife and I fit in: Two Passports (RFID area), 2 cell phones, car keys, hotel keys (actual keys not cards), two packs of chewing gum, small MP3 player, small camera, bi-fold men's wallet (ID's CC's and Cash), a kindle touch, and a few other small odds and ends and that filled the bag and I do mean FILLED it. Overall a great secure bag easy to lug around sightseeing all day, but if you are looking to store your Ipad, Laptop, or a lot of things you will need to go for the next size up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag even for an old guy., December 19, 2012
W. Mckinnon (Rancho Cordova, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pacsafe Luggage Metrosafe 100 Gii Hip and Shoulder Bag (Accessory)
I bought this bag about six months ago specifically for a trip I had planned for Thailand over Thanksgiving. I first used it on a week trip to Disney World in Florida and then on various trips and around town.

I am an old guy that has never carried a purse type of thing, but I have been extremely happy with this. It is small enough that you don't notice it much when carrying it, but it is just large enough to carry things you need. Because of the size, it's easy to get to things like passport and money that you have in the inside pockets.

At Disney World it held my wallet, cell phone, small camera, pen, paper, GPS receiver and various other small things. Easy to get to everything.

On the Thailand trip, it held passport, wallet, camera, GPS receiver, envelope of Thai money, hand sanitizer, pen, paper, cell phone and probably one or two other things. Again everything was easy to get too. It did remove any worries about walking in some of the crowded markets and malls in Bangkok.

I've taken it through air port screenings at least 6 times and never had a problem. The mesh is probably open enough that they can see through it.

My son-in-law has used one of these on a daily basis for several years now and really likes his. His only problem is he would like it to be slightly larger. He carries several pairs of glasses along with other things and it's pretty tight. If I wasn't so old and used to not having to keep track of a purse, I would probably use it more on a daily basis and get rid of the stuff in my pockets.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dimensions are WRONG, April 16, 2013
Tracie "tracieknits" (Saratoga Springs, NY United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

iPad Mini Height: 7.87 inches (200 mm) Width: 5.3 inches (134.7 mm)
bag dimensions (from description) Product Dimensions: 3.1 x 8.7 x 6.1 inches

If these dimensions were accurate, there would be room for the iPad mini - but there is not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but tiny, February 20, 2013
I should have taken a triple look at the dimensions and the mention by someone that it would make a good small camera bag. This was way tinier than I expected. I will take it with me to Europe for when I just need to go on short excursions with my passport, credit cards, some money, sunglasses and spare pair of reading glasses.

But that's all it would hold.

The security aspects and comfort of the strap are really good.

For trips needing an umbrella, guide book, water bottle and room for purchases, I also bought the Pacsafe Citysafe 200 GII. That is slightly too big - I'm only short and feel like a packhorse (one day I'll get it right)!.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just right!, August 15, 2012
We spent 12 days in St. Maarten and I used this bag every single day.

For the plane ride it easily held both our passports, credit cards, money and various personal items (chapstick, eyedrops, etc.)
TSA didn't even blink an eye when it went through the x-ray either and I bet it must have looked bizarre since it has metal mesh through out.

I lengthened the strap to carry it across the body and it was comfortable at any strap length.
All the security features were great but the best was the RFID protection! IT protected our passports and credit cards from being secretly scanned.

During our time on the island I carried an iPhone, Cannon smart pix, Garmin GPS, credit cards, cash, chapstick, etc.... and I still had plenty of room in the main portion of the bag.

We plan on going to Paris next year and this great little purse will be going with me!
It's even perfect for everyday use, if you so choose. I'm thinking about buying more Pacsafe purses in a variety of sizes and colors. *grin*

I got mine in basic black, so it matched everything. :)

Great little purse for easy travel experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars SMALL, but perfect for traveling with a daypack, January 22, 2013
UPDATE 6/6/14 - I just returned from ANOTHER trip using this bag, and am revising my rating to 5 stars --- this bag is wonderful when I go anywhere with a daypack. I put it on first, cross-body, then put on the daypack. It holds all the things I need easy access to --- passport, boarding passes, wallet, phone --- and the daypack keeps the water bottle, camera, iPod and umbrella. When I get to airport Security Check or anywhere they count the purse as a carry-on item, I just slip the purse in the daypack :-) And after 18 months, it still looks like new.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's small and light, just too small for what I needed. Its walls are thick and pockets padded, so the space inside the bag is smaller than the outside dimensions would suggest. A flip-phone, coin purse, credit cards, small wallet and keys fill the bag to the brim.

The material feel durable. The design is clean and simple. The buckles easy to operate. The sling-to-hip-bag conversion works. It seems to be better-made than the bigger, more pocket-ful Travelon Anti-Theft bag I ordered to better meet my daily needs.

And I'm keeping it for times when I need a small, convertible bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely satisfied. Very useful., September 8, 2012
This is an excellent bag. Well made. The following will fit inside and outside pocket: billfold, coin purse, passport, iPhone, key chain with ten keys, small camera (canon s95), small 7 day pill box and room for a few more small items like pens, lip balm, etc. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought these!, June 21, 2012
PJ "PJ" (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these bags for myself and a relative to use during a recent trip to England. They were perfect. All the security features we were looking for in a nice small bag. In mine I carried a cell phone, camera, passport, DL, credit cards, etc., car keys, reading glasses, compact, a small bottle of Purel, granola bar, paper money and a small coin purse. The strap is nice and long so you can easily wear the bag across your body and the bag is small enough that it doesn't get in the way while walking in crowds like some larger bags can. In addition, since it has the RFID shielding, I'm going to use it as my day to day bag from now on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for a camera bag, with some flaws., May 27, 2013
This bag is nice, it is well constructed and looks good.

My first impression when I picked it up was that it was a lot heavier than a different bag of the same size, I was worried that the weight would bother me as I carried the bag daily for a couple of weeks across Europe, but the weight didn't turn out to be an issue at all.

I was hoping to wear the bag across my body and at my hip, but found the strap too short for that for me -- it looked like a purse when worn across my body (as a guy, that wasn't the look I was going for). I ended up wearing it at my hip using the strap for a belt.

Wearing it at my hip presented a couple of problems, first the hooks and swivels are very nice, but it seems like after a bit of walking and twisting around they end up adjusting themselves . . . when they pop back into the position they want to be in it feels like someone is tugging at your bag. Many times over the course of the trip I'd have my camera at eye level taking a picture and the bag would 'pop' making me look down in a panic to see if someone was running off with my stuff. I ended up wearing the bag looser around my hip, which made it 'pop' less frequently, but it would still pop occasionally.

The bigger issue I had was that every time I was trying to put the camera (Nikon P7700) in the bag I felt like I had to wrestle the camera into the bag. It would often get caught on the flap by the zipper. The top of the bag unzips in a way that the zipper is closer to the middle of the bag at the top, but closer to the front of the bag where the zipper starts. . . So the part that unzips angles from thicker to thinner, and the camera was always getting stuck on the thick part of the opening. After getting the camera past the opening it would always get caught on the 'RFID' pocket inside the bag. Since the RFID pocket is thick it would always stick out into the middle of the bag when it was opened -- even when there was nothing in the RFID area. This could be easily remedied with a way to keep the RFID area closed -- zipper, velcro, button, anything. If I travel with this bag again I may tape the RFID area closed to avoid this issue. The hook in the front of the bag also occasionally got in the way.

I had no issues going through x-ray scanners. I was a little worried the steel mesh might get me some extra attention, but I had no issues.

Overall it's a nice bag, it would have been better if the strap were longer so I could have worn it at my hip, I think that may have remedied some of the issues I was having. There are a ton of pockets in this thing, perhaps too many for a bag this size.

The size of the bag was perfect for me though, and it is very well made. I really liked the clasp to lock the zipper closed, although I wish there were 2 clasps because there are 2 zippers and getting both zippers into one clasp is a pain when it is on your hip.

I was able to carry my camera, 2 extra batteries, 2 filters and cleaning cloths in the bag with plenty of room to spare -- although I wouldn't have put anything additional in the bag for fear that it would have made getting the camera in and out even more difficult -- even with plenty of room in the bag it took 2 hands to get the camera into the bag past the opening and pockets that were constantly catching the lens cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've worn out three of these bags, May 17, 2013
George (Spring, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
I can't say enough about this bag. It's incredible. Just the right size for passport, travel papers, phone, money, pills, etc etc etc. The lining is ligher color so it's harder for things to get lost, even though the bag isn't deep enough for that to be an issue. Not only do I carry it when I travel, but every day when I'm here in the states. You don't have to take the bag off your neck to get things out, which is a huge security plus. Just ordered my third bag. Wore out two others. I'm very hard on them, specifically the connection point between the strap and bag. I rest my left elbow and forearm on the bag, almost like it was a sling. That causes the ring and hook to wear through. I noticed on this recent bag that PacSafe has reinforced that connection point with a plastic insert. Good for them!

Pacsafe Luggage Metrosafe 100 Gii Hip and Shoulder Bag