Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pacsafe Metrosafe 250 GII Anti-Theft Shoulder Bag, Jungle Green
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: Medium|Color: Jungle Green|Change
Price:$54.99+ Free shipping

on March 8, 2012
I didn't think that it was possible! The Gii version of this superb bag is even more secure than my previous 250. It holds my Kindle in its cover and my tablet in its cover in the main compartment. The Gii has a deeper front-pocket compartment with two deeper sections (plus two pen holders). One section offers RFID protection for those who carry credit cards or a passport with micro chips (RFIDsafe keeps hi-tech identity thieves from downloading personal information stored in the chips); in the second pocket I keep my keys on chain attached to the key clip so I can unlock doors without detaching from the bag. Instead of a change-purse size little compartment on the front of the front pouch, there is a deep pocket on the back of the bag that is against the body (I really like this); the older bag lacks this back pocket. Side pockets are adequate for an umbrella or water bottle and secure location for my cell. The bag I chose is a grayer blue-gray than pictured on my monitor but that might be a quirk in my display. I bought my first bag for travel but enjoy the many features for daily use and after several years the old bag shows little wear even though I have used it daily.
11 comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2012
Having added an iPad to my things to take on a trip, I needed a bigger bag to carry about each day while on vacation. This bag turned out to be a very excellent choice. The iPad and the sleeve I keep it in both fit very well in the pocket designed for this; so it was easy for me to remove and to replace the iPad when I needed to do so. As the weather was rainy, I was delighted with the expandable side pockets that either clip tightly to the sides of the pack or open to allow me to carry an umbrella on one side and my LLBean water bottle on the other. The pocket in the front has several well-thought-out pockets so that I could carry a tiny flashlight, my pen, passport, international drivers license and a lot more.

I liked having both a handle that allowed me to carry this with one hand and a strap which I used most of the time that allowed me to sling this over my shoulder and keep the pack itself hanging comfortably between my side and my arm. The pack is very well constructed, and I appreciated having the wire-reinforcement in the strap so that it could not easily be slashed and the bag stolen from me. Although the wire-reinforcement adds stiffness to the strap, it was something I got used to without much of a problem.

Overall I must conclude that I am very satisfied with the construction, appearance, thoughtful design, and practicality of this Pacsafe shoulder bag...
on April 4, 2013
Wow! I love this bag. I have been on a quest for the perfect bag and may have just found it. I was willing to risk the significant price since this product had a free return policy.

I don't really care about the slash-free aspects of this product. If someone has a razor or knife that close to me, they can have the bag. However, the pick pocket deterring zipper clips are an excellent feature. They make it difficult for a hand to quickly slip into the bag. They also make it unlikely the bag will accidentally come open allowing items to fall out.

This bag also holds a tremendous amount comfortably for its small size.

Currently, I can COMFORTABLY carry the following, with no bag distortion:
small calendar
Ipad, in bulky leather protective case
LARGE wallet (contains checkbook, about 20 credit/id cards, several individually wrapped Tazo tea bags, about half a dozen splenda packs, cash, a couple of dental floss picks)
Case Logic padded pouch (contains video ipod, earbuds, electric wall charging adaptor and two cords to charge ipad/ipod and phone, jump drive with neck strap
4+ pens/pencils
several kinds of meds. 3 of these each take about the space of an inhaler. I also keep a small weekly med organizer in here. The smaller items are in a cloth pouch.
Carmex
Tube of abreva
two bottles of 5-hour energy
Key-bak Retractable Key Reel with 48 inch Kevlar Cord -- complete with multiple keys for work.
Second key ring for house/car keys.
Hairbrush
2-4 protein bars or similar snacks
Outer pockets can hold 2 bottles of water OR 1 bottle of water and a compact umbrella. If not carrying an umbrella
Crushable shopping bag or two -- the type you can use to hold purchase while out and about for the day.

There is leftover space. I can easily add tickets and small paper items to the back pocket where I store a printout of my calendar for quick reference.

There is also space where I could add the following items while traveling on a plane (I would remove them after arriving at my destination when I would use this as a daypack/purse
Small bag of extra snacks in case of air delays
Sleep mask
Inflatable pillow

If I wanted to travel with ONLY this as a carry-on, I "could" manage to fit the following in without too much discomfort, as well:
ziplock bag of cosmetics (foundation, coverup, eye liner, mascara, blush, powder, lip gloss).
Spare ziplock bag or two
Lightweight crushable tshirt, undergarments, and socks in case of lost luggage.
Microfiber washcloth with ziplock bag -- nice for washing up in the airport or on the plane.
Realize that adding all of this would not leave much extra space in the bag!!!!
on May 5, 2012
This is the 2nd bag I have bought. first did not have the safety-identity shield. I am going to love this one for traveling. I am using the 1st one as a great travel around town bag to hold extras like my camera and other things that I don't carry in my handbag. Very happy with bags. Details; they will hold Kindle, IPOD, camera, water bottle, maps, travel documents, medications, small binoculars, cell phone and still has space to hold more. It has spaces that are secure and padded for carrying an IPAD or small computer.There are places for a pen and pencil, small notebook or folded maps. Light weight (less than 2 pounds)Strap is padded and can be worn over the shoulder or cross- shoulder when hands free are needed.It has a snap on zips so no one can open.There is even a large zipped pocket on the back of bag that could hold anything safe as it is up against your body when carrying. I looked at dozens of bags from many sites and this had the best reviews.
on July 17, 2014
My wife and I are planning a trip to a developing country with a reputation for occasional theft. I wanted a bag that was able to provide a measure of security for my cameras and other electronics, that did not look like a camera bag. I compared 3 products from Pacsafe: the Pacsafe Luggage Metrosafe 200 Gii Shoulder Bag, this Pacsafe Metrosafe 250 Gii shoulder bag, and the Pacsafe Luggage Metrosafe 300 Gii Laptop Bag. The 200 is basically a smaller version of the 300 but lacks the pass-thru back pocket found on the 300. Upon receiving the bags, I judged the 200 to be a bit small for my needs so confined my attentions to the 250 and 300. I added some comparison pictures to the 300 Gii reviews.

Initially I was put off by the front cover flap of the 200 and 300 bags, and was favoring this 250 bag for that reason. However on closer inspection, the 300 is a little bigger and has more features:

- Both bags have anti-theft features but the 300 adds a velcro-secured front flap which can be tucked out of the way when accessing the front pocket
- Both bags have a front compartment with dual zipper pulls and an anti-theft clip. The 250 has 2 smaller pockets and 2 pen pockets. The 300 spreads the 2 pen pockets apart (one on each side) and adds a large full-width half-depth pocket. The 300 has a headphone port for this compartment. Both bags feature a key clip. The 300 has some additional room to tuck items under the zipper, whereas the 250 does not because the zipper is secured directly to the main body of the bag.
- Both bags feature main compartments with dual zippers and a partially concealed anti-theft clip. The 250 adds 1 full width interior side pocket and 1 small interior patch pocket which is intended for small electronics such as an MP3 player. The headphone port is located in the back wall, directly above this small patch pocket. In the 300, the main compartment adds 2 full width interior side pockets (one is a 2/3 depth mesh pocket with a zipper) and a metal key loop.
- On the back, both the 250 and 300 have full width pockets with a zipper on the top, but the 300 also has a zipper on the bottom. With the 300, by opening both zippers you can hang the bag over the handle of your rolling luggage.

(You can see comparison pictures in my 300 Gii review.)

In the end I decided to keep the 300 and return the 200 and 250. The 300 has the most pockets and features, and the front flap adds another layer (pun intended) of security.
on February 7, 2014
I ordered both this bag and the Pac-Safe Metrosafe 300 Laptop bag. The "laptop" descriptor on the Metrosafe 300 bag is really a misnomer because that bag is only very slightly larger and not any heavier or bulkier than this bag. But the few inches of added space makes a huge difference between the bags - like a cell phone pocket actually wide enough to hold a smart phone in the 300 but not in the 250. The 300 is not big enough for full size laptops; however, for notebooks or ipads or kindles or SLR cameras or just about anything else you want to carry, the Metrosafe 300 is highly superior to this 250 in my opinion. Besides just those few extra inches of room that make the 300 hold your ipad or SLR camera or iphone better than the 250, the security features of the 300 are better and easier (less frustrating) to use. On the 250 the front compartment does not have a flap and the zippers pull all the way down to one side to a catch that is concealed within a tiny little pocket. That catch is very difficult and frustrating to use to latch the zippers. Be prepared to fumble with it a lot! On the 300 the front compartment is covered by a flap and the zippers pull together at the top under the flap and latch to a catch that is much easier to use. The flap folds up and over the top of the bag and stays out of the way when you are accessing the front compartment, but then flips down over the secured zippers and attaches down with a couple of small velcro strips. The beauty of this design is the extra security - you would hear someone open the velcro, and the flap allows the zippers to be up top and easily unlatched and opened. The other difference is that the back compartment on the 300 has a zipper top and bottom, while the 250 only has a top zipper. The 300 can have both zippers opened so the bag slides down over your suitcase handles. Then when not riding on your suitcase, you can zip the bottom zipper and use that compartment for maps or documents, etc. The 250 will not slide over your suitcase handles. So, if you are going to get the most versatile, easy to use bag for travel from Pac-Safe - choose the 300 and not the 250. To see my complete review of the Pac-Safe MetroSafe 300 click on my reviews. Happy travels!
on April 28, 2012
I purchased this pack and an Eagle Creek Taylor Messenger bag to compare and take with me on an Italy trip. I've heard that pickpocketing is a big problem there and I wanted a secure bag to carry my Ipad in. The Eagle Creek bag has more versatility (more pockets for things), is a bit smaller and trimmer, and is (IMO) better-looking. Its strap is made of thin seatbelt-like material, though, and I'm a bit afraid that it could be slashed with a razor. I suppose that the strap and the bag are the least I should be worried about if someone is coming after me with a razor. The "security" of the EC zippers (pushing an oval button attached to the zipper pull through a hole on the bag makes it harder to clandestinely open the bag) seems less robust than the zipper-securing features of the Pacsafe bag (more clip-like). The Pacsafe bag has a non-slashable wire reinforced strap, and the bag itself is also reinforced by wire mesh, making it impossible to slash. The zipper securing feature is quite nice and sits concealed. I think you'd really have to be asleep for someone to get into this bag without you knowing it....but I may underestimate pickpockets (hope not!!!!). My biggest gripe is that the Pacsafe bag really has too few internal pockets. I would have liked more internal organization in the Pacsafe bag.

If I could have a hybrid of the two bags, it would be perfect, but alas.....
55 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2013
I purchased the PacSafe 250 Gii Shoulder Bag because I received an iPad as a present. The iPad has a durable hefty cover and I wanted something that could accommodate that plus my iphone, earbuds and not to mention, my wallet and checkbook and other items. A few years ago, I bought the smaller version of this bag, and at the time it did not have the Gii feature that prevents the reading of one's credit cards and passport. With this larger bag, though it is naturally heavier when loaded up with all my electronics, wallet, cell, and so forth, I found that it was perfect for travel due to the security offered by the multiple ways that you can attach the zippers, plus the advantage of the Gii pocket. I like that it is not crowded with several sub-compartments in the main compartment of the bag, and that there is just a sleeve for the ipad, a mini-sleeve above it for headphones, etc. all in the roomy main compartment. I like this because my iPad is not being cramped by wallet, iphone, etc. All those things are in the slightly smaller zippered compartment that is not a part of the main compartment. That one has sections for phone, passport, pens, key clip and so forth. All the room you need is in this combo shoulder bag/satchel. Fully loaded with iPad, iPhone, 2 sets of keys, wallet, 4 pens, comb, checkbook, makeup case, lipstick, addressbook/daily diary, and electronic chargers in the side pockets my bag weighs close to 7 pounds and offers a lot of security when traveling. While the bag is black on the exterior, the inside is a soft tan/light green color and just right for finding your items. BTW, I did not want to carry my expensive iPad in a backpack, or briefcase, but wanted it right next to me, and this shoulder bag fit the bill. I really like the heavy-duty strap, which you can detach from the bag and loop through a chair as you are eating in a restaurant or just relaxing at the airport. I have other PacSafe products, including a backpack, and several pocketbooks that do not appear as utilitarian as the shoulder bag. Having just returned from 10 days of traveling to the Southwest, I highly recommend this if you have a tablet the size of an iPad (full size, not the mini). For added security, IF you wanted to, you could attach a small combination lock to the zippered compartments. For me, the hidden clips work just fine as a deterrent to would be thieves, as does the breadth of the shoulder strap. Having travelled to places in the world where the thieves do like to cut the strap of pocketbooks, just one look would tell them that they can't do it with your shoulder bag and they would move on to the next "victim". That's some peace of mind.
on September 21, 2012
This bag is just the right size to safely carry all your essentials for travel. There are two side pockets; I was able to fit two (very small) umbrellas in one pocket and a 16-ounce water bottle in the other. There is a safety zipped front pocket that can hold your passport, boarding pass, etc. And another roomy middle zipped area for your wallet, prescriptions, snacks, etc. There is plenty of room for a guide book, cosmetics bag, etc., without being too bulky. There is even an RFID-safe pocket for senstive ID.
An adjustable padded strap makes it easy to carry either over the shoulder or across the front of your body for extra security. The padding means you can carry a bag full of necessities all day without discomfort.
The neutral green color makes it less noticeable, and it can be carried by either men or women. The zippers tie down onto a special clip closure, making this pretty much theft-proof. We carried this bag in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul - a notorious site for pickpockets - and never had a moment's worry.
After two hard weeks on the road -including rain, salt spray, and being kicked around on planes, this still looks brand new.
I highly recommend this bag for wherever your travels take you!
VINE VOICEon February 25, 2013
Bought this for a recent trip overseas. Needed additional security for the area we were traveling in. I needed to carry guide book, iPad, iPhone, small Nikon Coolpix camera, wallet, and various small items. These fit into this case with room to spare. What I really liked was the light weight of the case when empty, ease of getting into the case and retrieving items while out and about, and the way the case conforms to my side when carrying it. The added security of the wiring system and additional lockdown features did not detract from use nor add any additional weight.

The entire system has been well thought out with strong easy opening zippers which can be secured down one side. The over-the-shoulder strap system while somewhat bulky makes for ease of carrying. The case itself is incredibly rugged and is slightly wider inside at the bottom than top for ease of getting out items at the case bottom. The inside of the case is bright yellowish to easily identify stuff inside. The case exterior is very well designed with a slight curve to conform to the body when walking. Two exterior pockets allow for an umbrella and, in my situation, a case for carrying prescription sunglasses. These pockets are deep and button closed when not in use. The only change I'd make to this case would be to allow the over-the-shoulder strap system to completely be removed. It is removable on one side but sewn into the case on the other. I suppose this does improve security.

I initally thought this case might be a little too large. I could have stored my stuff in something a little smaller. After several days I began to see the advantages of not having to fight to remove items and the advantage of being able to secure the zipper system and not worry about pick-pockets.

I'm thoroughly sold on this case and highly recommend it.