5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best suitcase
Published 8 months ago by Susan Myers

3.0 out of 5 stars The bag is a great design and i was able to carry a lot ...
Published 1 month ago by CNM

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best suitcase, January 6, 2014
Susan Myers (Lisbon, NY USA) - See all my reviews
We are frequent travelers who have found it very difficult to find a suitcase that holds up for even 1 year. We pack suitcases to the max, and we travel at least 12 times a year on planes and cruise ships. That means our checked luggage is subjected to very bad conditions and manhandling. We often are in Venice, Italy where our luggage is dragged over bridges and cobblestones, so we are pretty hard on luggage, and as a result need good quality luggage. We have had Samsonite, Travelpro, American Tourister luggage that has not held up for very long at all. (less than a year). We always pay a lot of money for our luggage hoping to get luggage that will hold up to our travel. This is our second suitcase like this, we loved the first one, and because of that, we bought a second one. We have the 29" model, and it is very light unloaded. That means we can use most of our 50 lb allotment on contents and not the suitcase itself. We have had luggage where the zippers let go (Samsonite), the wheels break off (travelpro), the outside material tears (American Tourister). This luggage comes through with flying colors. The material is fabric but strong, and the zippers are actually double closing and while a little tighter to zipper, it is because of this security that I do not see these zippers splitting open. When you first start to pack, it looks small and I wonder if the people complaining about it's size ever tried to pack it - that is where amazing things happen. As you pack, your clothes quickly overwhelm the suitcase and bulge out all over - you start to think that no way is that going to close. That is where you are mistaken - there is a drawstring that suddenly, when tighten, gathers up all those overflowing clothes and hold them. The material is stretchy enough that the top is easily stretched over the drawstring bundle. There are 2 extra strong straps to snap to give extra support. It was unbelievable how much did fit in this suitcase when you actually packed it. We hit our 50 lbs and really could have put more in if we didn't have a weight limit. I really think people who have complained about the size of it, never did actually try to pack it. It easily fits more than larger suitcases and we are awed every time we pack it. It has inline wheels which work very well (we have had the caster spinner wheels rip off suitcases so the inline wheel are a plus) The wheels are well made, as is the housing around them. It has a single pole handle which I thought might be difficult but it is actually easy to handle. One problem with other suitcases that pull on 2 wheels is they are often heavy - I do not know where the 50 lbs is, but this is extremely light to wheel even when packed full. We actually piggy backed another 50 rolling duffel behind it, and pulled both, and the way the weight is distributed it was very light in my hand. The one thing that I felt was missing is a strap to connect another suitcase to pull behind it as it is certainly capable of doing that. (We used our own strap, bit it would be a nice touch if it came with one). So far, this is shaping up to be the first luggage we have not destroyed. Our first purchase was for my husband, and it was so amazing, this purchase was for me. I think we have finally found the ultimate suitcase. It is worth every penny, and I think you will like this luggage.

4.0 out of 5 stars size ?, April 30, 2013
rurudy (Highland Park, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
While it is adequate in size, I did not realize when ordering that the case is narrower at the top. In other words, it is not rectangular with rounded corners, it is more oval with a wider bottom. The zippers are difficult to operate around the corners. All in all, it is sturdy and holds a lot and weighs just a little.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money I sent on it, August 18, 2013
This luggage does the trick, zipper can't be pried open using a knife, pen, or other sharp object. Weight is just right, and the fact you can cinch the items closed inside is a big plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars $104 for the black one is a steal..., July 4, 2014
This review is from: Pacsafe Luggage Tour Safe 29 (Misc.)
I just bought a third one of these. $104.00 for a roomy, wheeled, secure and well made duffel? No brainer. We are traveling to Ecuador for 2 weeks later this months, and will bring 3 of these. I filled just one with the following: 9 t-shirts, 6 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs socks, 3 pairs jeans/long pants, flip flops, snorkel, mask & fins, 2 folding beach chairs, monopod, sun hat, baseball cap, canvas shoulder bag, 2 pacsafe locking bags, raincoat, swim trunks...how much more would you want t0 fit in a 29" suitcase?

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought it., March 29, 2014
I was happy with this PacSafe product. The selling point for me was the suggestion of additional security in the description, but I realized after my trip that I would probably never know whether "eXomesh slashguard" and " puncture resistant ToughZip" described an honest feature or was just hype. I'm content not to know. I will say it SEEMED secure, and I hope I never find out otherwise.

The case looks good; it offers plenty of space; it survived multiple airports, it was sturdy (read: zippers survived overpacking), and it cleaned up easily. Make the monopole design a sturdier double pole, add 2 more wheels to make 4 instead of 2, and it would be perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool., July 26, 2014
I was really excited to find a large suitcase with security features on sale for only $100 bucks, which is what similarly sized bags cost at TJ Maxx! The security features offer some extra security (at least mentally). It's not going to keep someone out of it if they really want to get in... but it's enough to deter the opportunistic thief. I also like the interior design --- it's nice to have the lining on the bottom compartment to keep your things from getting tangled in the zippers... and it's cool to have the top compartment sort of separate (like a built in organizer). I rated this bag four stars instead of five because: 1) the small, outermost compartment is not lined with the exomesh and 2) The lining for security zippers is regular material, so if someone did want to slash into the bag, it would be very easy to do so along the side of the security zipper. This, in my mind, makes the exomesh kind of pointless on the rest of the bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very light and spacious 29'!, April 19, 2014
I love this luggage! It weighs exactly 3.8 kilos! Beats my Samsonite and Claymore! You can put a lot of stuff in here since its expandable. The fact that it has an anti-theft zipper and its slashproof, is an added bonus. Used 4 times already for 16 hour flights and it has held up so far. Just wished it had 4 wheels for it to get around better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing bag :), August 4, 2014
Kon (arlington, va) - See all my reviews
Ok, here is the deal, I travel frequently and I am tough on the luggage. This bag has all the safety and non-safety features they advertise and then some !

First lets get the "size" issue out of the way. The bag is LARGE ! forget what they say bout the tear drop bs. it is super ! wide, which means that it fits ALOT of things. That alos meant that it is super stable when using.

Bonus for me ! the bag (aside from being 29 inches "high") is wide but a bit shallow (as opposed to less wide but deeper), and i love it, as i can "spread things out," so I find them easier and they get less"squished" WOW, no more having to put packing bags three-deep, I can put two and spread things out, well done pacsafe :)

Also a nice touch is the built in full size mest pocket in the main main compartment.

Of course it is built like a tank but weighs next to nothing considering it has a steel mesh built in

Also the zippers look like they could take a beating or in this case a ball point pen and they would be fine.

The side handle is a nice touch (and they both look like they are made to lift a car not just the bag)

The front drop pocket has some built-in pockets as well (not shown well even in the company's official site), so you could get good use out of it.

For advanced/picky travelers:
If you need to have quick access to alot of things things like I do, you might find the drop pocket a bit small (as it the pocket space is part of the bag and not really an external pocket due to the steel mesh), so if the bag is full it does not if that many things. IF the bag is not full, then the pockets space is fine.
The handle fits well enough in the hand, but not well. Also, the hand is a bit hard. Sometimes, I have to pull my luggage for 10 even 15 minutes in city streets and pavements (not smooth airport floors) and it looks like this might hurt if pulled for a longer period at less than smooth surfaces. Again, to be fair and clear: for regular travelers, I doubt you would have any issues.

For pacsafe designers: The wheels feel a bit cheap (they are hard - which make for a not-so=smooth pull, and they look like they would wear off fast) hopefully on the newer models you have upgraged the quality

All in all, it is a perfect bag and the price is unreal ... a bit over 100 buck for such a great bag ! go for it :)
(sure i wanted the red one, but i was not going to pay full price for it)

3.0 out of 5 stars The bag is a great design and i was able to carry a lot ..., August 18, 2014
Used the Bag on one trip and had issues with the zipper it misaligns and will not close properly. Shipping costs very high might just deal with the issue rather than send back to vendor(Missed the cutoff to return to Amazon). The bag is a great design and i was able to carry a lot of clothing the draw string closure compresses the contents really well. i would have given it a 5 if i did not have issues with the zipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to maneuver, July 8, 2014
Strong, lightweight, easy to maneuver.

Pacsafe Luggage Tour Safe 29