5.0 out of 5 stars Packsafe Venturesafe 32i Safe bag!
I received the Pacsafe Luggage Venturesafe 32l Travel Backpack from ebags (more on that later) and I am very impressed with the bag.
The bag looks like a conventional backpack until you start looking closer.
Published on February 11, 2012 by Paul E. Seals

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY IMPORTANT DETAIL
The Metrosafe and Citysafe line of bags by Pacsafe offer no water resistance at all, letting water pass through the material almost as if it isn't there. If you are caught out in the rain your belongings will be drenched. NOT GOOD FOR TRAVELERS. If you prefer a bag that protects from theft as well as the elements, DO NOT PURCHASE THESE PRODUCTS. As well, I contacted the...
Published 20 months ago by INCOGNITEAUX

5.0 out of 5 stars Packsafe Venturesafe 32i Safe bag!, February 11, 2012
The bag looks like a conventional backpack until you start looking closer.
The Backpack has security features everywhere, such as zippers that clip to a fixed point on the bag (to prevent pick pockets) and straps that have steel wires thru them so they can't be slashed and there are clips that have locks on them on the straps that can be secured to a table etc.
Additionally the bag has a type of steel mesh running thru the skin of the bag which will prevent someone slashing your bag and spilling the contents.
All of this steel adds very little weight but a TREMENDOUS amount of security!
As for ebags, the Amazon seller I got the bag from, let me just says this, skip them!
I payed for expedited shipping (32.90) and they did not provide a tracking number (despite an email asking for it) and there customer service is terrible!
Do your self a favor and buy from someone else, it will be cheaper, and you will get better customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars A month with my Pacsafe back pack, September 27, 2012
This review is from: Pacsafe Luggage Venturesafe 32l Travel Backpack (Accessory)
I just returned from a month of constant travel in Europe. I put this pack to the test and I am very pleased to say it held up beautifully! It still looks brand new. Not a single zipper, clip, strap, malfunction. The safety features gave me a much higher level of confidence as far as vandalism. The one feature I used often was the one shoulder strap has a special clip that can be un clipped to wrap the strap around anything solid. once you recouple it anyone trying to swipe your bag would have quite some time involved in figuring out the trick to the clip. That gave me allot more freedom to move around on boat decks , trains etc, with out constantly worrying about my pack or carry it every time I needed to move around the area or use the toilet, so on. As long as I kept it in sight or just left it monetarily I new no one could just grab it and run. The pack's hidden zipper tabs that attache to a hidden clip are real handy too. I always kept them clipped up. I was impressed that an airport baggage checker that wanted to open my bag was baffled by it. I had to open it. He laughed and said he had never seen a pack like mine before. I also figured out that small pad locks can also be used to secure the zipper tap to the ring the clip is attached to. The same goes for the tricky shoulder strap clip. You could pad lock that too. Being able to add my own pad locks gave me even more sense of security when I flew it home full of souvenirs. I carried about 50 to 65 pounds in it. I had plenty of room. 3 pairs of paints, 5 pair of socks and shorts, 6 shirts, jacket, toilet bag, books. Every thing I needed, even the souvenirs. This pack is all reinforced with wire, as they said, shoulder straps the cloth. I could see it when it went through the airports security x ray.The waist strap was very comfortable too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Backpack, August 20, 2012
We bought this for a trip to Europe. The thought was that this could carry around most of the things that we'd use during the course of the day trips on our cruise. I must say first that it is a huge backpack and frankly more than we ended up needing on most days.

It comfortably fit a laptop, an Ipad, drinks, travel books...a Terrible Towel and other various and sundry items. It worked well, the clasps are well designed to prevent thieves from accessing the various pockets. Lots of great spots within the backpack for keys, coins etc. It held up well and feels very solid.

We didn't have anything go missing of course but I feel that this backpack would have helped to deter a would be pickpocket.

Great product

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Backpack for Airline Travel, October 25, 2012
I was looking for a backpack to travel on airlines. I wanted the largest backpack possible to be put on all flights. Then my girlfriend suggested Pacsafe because we will be going to Europe next year. I really enjoy this backpack.

Pros: It has different compartments for things. I like taking my tablet with me on trips, so I enjoy having that computer area, which the Pacsafe has. Also, I love all the security measures. It does make this difficult at times to grab the zipper, but it is worth the extra security. The backpack also holds a good amount of stuff. I never seemed to be wanting for more. I stuffed some Eagle Creek pouches and I'm ready to go. I also like the style of the backpack. It fits and looks good. I haven't used the waist , but it looks helpful. Also, the backpack fits great in overhead compartiments.

Cons: The backpack seems stiff on my back. It isn't as soft as some other backpacks, but I think that just helps with the security. The handle near the top also rubs against my neck, but will probably loosen up once I used it more.

Would I buy this, again? Yes. The Pacsafe is a nice, stylish backpack, that will keep me safe from pick pockets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pacsafe Backpack, September 7, 2012
The backpack which my son took to Germany where he will be living for a year is working as advertised according to my son. He is totally satisfied. The peace of mind it has brought him makes it well worth the purchase price. Just one less thing to worry about.

As an aside, he was on a train when he saw a person in a group open and take a wallet from another traveller's backpack while another person in the group distracted the traveller. Fortunately others saw this and brought attention to the situation and the wallet was dropped and recovered, but the people in the group were never caught and just disappeared into the crowd.

It was part of our belief that with the safety features of the backpack it just makes a person less attractive as a "victim" which in and of itself will deter people from even trying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this bag!, August 20, 2012
This backpack is not only well-built but its stylish and functional too! Works great as a carry-on and for everyday use. Highly recommend this brand in general. Peace of mind in style and comfort!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gives confidence, decent amount of space, November 13, 2012
I've used this on a couple trips, New York and Vancouver. Originally I had bought it for London/Europe trip, but that didn't pan out, and would of just brought normal carry-on to NYC, but decided to use this backpack and it was a great idea.
Its compact, easy to lock down the compartments, which gives you the confidence that no one will just reach and and steal something, plus the straps are adjustable for comfort.
The space it gives is probably not a ton, but not a little. I'd say its slightly larger than most high-school backpacks, but it isn't huge. I could probably fit 2 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, underwear/socks and a small sweater in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adore, June 20, 2014
My son wears this backpack to school for over a year. Yes it is a little heavier than the so-favorite in New York, North Face, but this smooth quality vandal problemmu. Looks like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best backpack for safe traveling, December 28, 2013
MichelleP (Boulder, CO, US) - See all my reviews
This thing is exactly what you would expect. It is completely secure and fits really well. My boyfriend is large shouldered and I am much smaller, and they fit both of us well when adjusted. We each took only this backpack to Europe for 2 weeks and it fit everything really well and kept it safe and dry. We'll use them forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars European trip, May 31, 2013
C. Barrows (Old Saybrook, CT) - See all my reviews
I bought this pack after my son in law mentioned it. Very secure, plenty of room and functional. I still use it every day.