Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2008 1:50:53 PM PST
P. Krumm says:
Will the pad that comes with the game work on any surface? Specifically carpet?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2008 7:35:25 PM PST
Renigami says:
I use the included pad on carpet (your typical house carpet and office carpet). There is a bit of deviation after four or so songs and good steppage but it isn't too bad in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2008 2:45:00 PM PST
I think it depends on the person. When my sister in law and I play hers always moves back. but the one I am using doesn't. We've tried moving her off the carpet and onto the tile. ... seemed to help, but hurts the feet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2008 5:36:40 PM PST
Soriea says:
Its not bad on slower stuff, the higher you get in intensity, the more the matt slips. You can put a slip pad for rugs beneath it to stop the slippage.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2008 8:00:54 AM PST
P. Krumm says:
You are a genius. Thank you. I'm ordering it!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2008 3:11:04 PM PST
Bird says:
A yoga mat underneath helps too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 4:32:30 AM PST
vorpal^ says:
Agree with the yoga mat suggestion, which works fairly well at keeping the pad stationary. That's what I do, and having been DDRing for nearly a year, I generally play the hardest songs on the hardest difficulties. Without the yoga mat within about a minute my pad is either pressed up against my TV unit with the arrows inches from my face and smushed up against the couch with the back arrow too bunched up to use :-).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2008 11:26:31 PM PST
Binko Barnes says:
I'm a heavy old guy and I actually like the thin cheap pad that comes with this game better than the expensive pads you can buy from other vendors. In the past I bought two pads from Red Octane for big bucks and both of them stopped working because my pounding seems to smash down the heavy padding and break the connective wiring. In contrast these thin pads when used on carpet are fairly comfortable and more durable than the the pads with thick foam inserts.

This game with an included pad is a steal at the price. And don't think you are too old, too fat or too slow for DDR. I'm over fifty and over 240 pounds and it's the most enjoyable workout I've ever had.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2009 11:43:11 AM PST
Your post was the inspiration for me to go ahead and get this, and I'm glad I did! I'm a few weeks shy of 50 and probably about your same size relative to height, and once I figured out how to shut off all the fancy schmancy stuff, I'm almost addicted to this! Not doing very well - yet - but I'm working on it and having fun.

Now if I could just figure out how to get that guy to SHUT THE HE77 UP while I'm dancing, I'd be happy! Can anyone tell me how to turn off the commentary while dancing? I'm working exclusively in workout mode for now, if that matters.

Posted on Aug 3, 2009 8:16:51 PM PDT
ya, i hate that condescending <insert chosen bad word>. grr. just step in rhythm with the music, really? big help chief. to shut him up (and it carries to all modes) go to the options menu in the main screen and you can either turn booing off (he's still a no-help poozer though) or turn him off all together (my fav).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 3, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2 with Dance Mat - Nintendo Wii
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2 with Dance Mat - Nintendo Wii by Konami (Nintendo Wii)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (144)