5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding piece of equipment
I have to admit that Alton Brown can pick them.

I only bought this item because of how beautiful the pies turned out on Good Eats. I have never made a pie of any kind before, and after this pan I am not sure if I could use any other mold.

Published on September 12, 2009 by Rich

2.0 out of 5 stars Scratched
I just received this and haven't yet used this tart mold but was upset to find that the non stick coating was scratched in several places on the inside of the mold. It is unlikely that this happened during the shipping since I received it securely packed in bubble wrap and can only conclude that the damage to the mold was pre-existing. This was not a cheap mold so I am...
Published 21 months ago by Genevieve Chia

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding piece of equipment, September 12, 2009
Rich (Ellicott City, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paderno World Cuisine 9.5 Inch "Deep" Fluted Non-Stick Tart Mold with Removable Bottom (Kitchen)
I have to admit that Alton Brown can pick them.

Being able to take the mold apart when presenting dessert has been easy. I have been careful to not get anything on the sides of the mold to make it sticky so separating the two after baking has been extremely easy. I always waited until it was cool before touching it. I was worried about scratching the bottom when using a knife to cut the pie, but after 10 pies in the last year, it is still in perfect condition.

It is worth the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon.com to the rescue!, August 25, 2008
I wasted a lot of time and energy going from store to store in my city and not finding this item. This is exactly what you want if you intend to make Alton's Super Apple Pie (Good Eats).

5.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious pan design!, July 26, 2008
I have received this pan off our wedding registry and only had to wait about a month before having a chance to try it out. The pan design is great! I love having the pop-out bottom. All you have to do with a finished cheesecake or pie is place a small drinking glass on the counter and put the pan on it. The edges drop down and voila! you have a perfect looking edge and sides of whatever you are making. The disc at the bottom stays on the bottom of the pie so you can transfer it easily to a platter for cutting, and having the pan release the way it does allows for perfect slices, free of any "slice from pan removal destruction." This is the way to go for picture perfect slices every time. The non-stick sides and bottom have proved easy to clean(though the edges are a bit sharp) and I have wowed all my friends with the quality of product I can create. This is a definite piece of quality cookware and I can't wait to use it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS is the Alton Brown Super Apple Pie pan!, March 18, 2010
Sev's Mom (The Woodlands, TX) - See all my reviews
After watching the Good Eats episode on apple pie, I searched all over town for that "black high sided fluted pan with the removable bottom" that Alton Brown used on the show. From Macy's to Sur La Table, William Sonoma to a few restaurant supply stores, nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. I finally came upon this pan on Amazon and ordered it. This is it folks! It's the perfect size for his recipe and is both handsome and sturdy - a nice heavy weight. Also the removable bottom works wonderfully using his technique of setting it on a drinking glass to release the sides. So, if you, too, saw Alton bake that gorgeous (and tall) pie and desperately searched for the pan he used, look no further...this is it. Excellent commercial-grade baking pan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perefect for Quiche, February 2, 2012
This is a 9.5" wide at the top and about 3" deep fluted pan with removable bottom. It is non-stick and very easy to clean with soapy warm water. I wanted a quiche pan that was deep enough to make a thick, deep slice, that was easy to remove from the pan. This pan does that perfectly. I used the quiche recipe from thepioneerwoman.com. It was awsome. I also made a deep dish apple pie with streussel topping that was to die for! This pan is just what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome pan, January 7, 2009
Amazon Customer "mthoma1" (Westlake, Oh United States) - See all my reviews
If you are looking for the pan on Good Eats, this is it. Worked just like Alton Brown said.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Paderno Tart Mold, December 30, 2009
Like many people, I saw the Alton Brown show where he used the Paderno Tart Mold to create an apple pie. I used my Mom's recipe with the tart mold and the resulting pie was absolutely beautiful. A word of caution: Do not try and unmold the pie for at least 4 hours or until it is completely cool. Then if you are careful, you will be able to remove the bottom of the mold without tearing the crust.

I took Alton's advice and used apple brandy instead of water to mix the crust and got rave reviews on the pie. I use 2 1/2 cups of flour, 6 oz of butter, 3 oz of Crisco, 2 T sugar, 1 tsp salt and 6 oz of apple brandy. Once you have everything mixed divide the dough into 1/3, 2/3 portion sizes which will give you a large piece for the bottom and a smaller one for the top crust. I peel and core my apples with a peeler like the "Back to Basics" peeler also available from Amazon then cut the apple from pole to pole to create two stacks of 1/2 round slices. The slices and the tart pan help you create a pie both beautiful inside and out.

And as usual, Amazon shipped quickly and the product was exactly as advertised. Once I find something I need, I almost always buy from Amazon especially if the shipping is free.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, January 14, 2009
I saw an episode of "Good Eats" with Alton Brown on the Food Network where he made an apple pie using a deep dish tarte pan like this one. The pan worked great! The pie turned out beautifully, and the pan was easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY, a non-stick tart mold that really IS NON-STICK, November 20, 2014
Fantastic tart mold, Usually it seems to me that non-stick, really means Non-Stick for the first few uses. But I have used this over 10 times now and it is as good as the first! If you are looking for such a thing, I would really recommend this one. Just be sure to hand wash and wash gently and you will be consistently pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fluted non-stick deep tart mold, November 23, 2009
Used once for Alton Brown's delicious apple pie. Lovely brown crust. Sturdy steel. Husband built special wooden box to keep it in perfect shape. (Some 2-piece pans tend to warp.) I actually bought two of these.