5.0 out of 5 stars Step By Step Plan To Memory Improvement
I have read other of Harry Lorayne's books and they have all been valuable.
Published on January 17, 2004 by LindaT

3.0 out of 5 stars Not For Everyone
Published on April 20, 2001 by Sarah Glen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Step By Step Plan To Memory Improvement, January 17, 2004
This review is from: Page-a-Minute Memory Book (Paperback)
I have read other of Harry Lorayne's books and they have all been valuable.
But this one is unique in that it gives a page by page plan to learn the techniques. You can go through it at your own pace and it's presented in an easy to understand way. You can spend as much time as necessary with each page. You can finish reading it understanding the mechanics of memory a lot better, and even a surface practicing of the techniques will help a lot.
Of course, systematic practice will work even better.
Some of Lorayne's other books present more detailed information, but this one is a good, solid presentation of memory improvement and is maybe one of the easiest ones to begin to put into practice for immediate improvement.
It is especially good for people who have had no prior exposure to memory improvement and would like to have some practical advice that they can implement right away.
Try it! You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good stuff, May 6, 2001
Chris (Houston, TX.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Page-a-Minute Memory Book (Paperback)
I think some of you guys are missing the point. If you recall Mr. loryane teaches the principles of memory and association at the beginning of the book. The examples in the book are used only to get you started using the systems not to teach you every single instance in which you might use them. You must grasp the principles of association and visualization first. When an understanding of those concepts have been established then you will clearly see how to twist and apply it to your own memory situations no matter what they may be. He says that at the end of the book. Read the first half carefuly then you will clearly see how he applies the concepts to situations and so will you. I have to say applying the systems to school is a lot better than my old rote technique I used all my life. I used these same techniques to raise my GPA a full point and get on the deans list twice in a row. So, any arguements are lost on experience. All those looking for a way to improve memory for school and life this is it. When you read the book don't skim and pretend like you are in some sort of training because you are. Finally, If you take it seriously, practice, and USE the systems you will reap the benefits, dont and you won't. Bye

3.0 out of 5 stars Not For Everyone, April 20, 2001
Sarah Glen "dreamypickles" (Oakland, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Page-a-Minute Memory Book (Paperback)
When I bought this book, I thought it was designed to help improve one's memory. What it is actually about is different techniques for remembering certain kinds of things. It is absolutely a good buy if you are looking to remember numbers or names. The techniques do require some work, though. I was hoping for help on memorizing dialog and speeches, and there is a small section on that, but I think there is probably a better book for it. I did improve my visualization skill, however. As a side effect of the exercises, my creativity has increased. I think this book is useful for students or people who must memorize dates or inventory numbers for work. I gave it a three star review because I thought the title misleading, and I did not feel that the book was written very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Give this to your friends!, November 5, 1998
This review is from: Page-a-Minute Memory Book (Paperback)
After I read this book, I was afraid that my brain would fill up with all the new information I was suddenly remembering!
Through a system of visual linkages, Lorayne teaches a technique for remembering names, numbers, dates and even lists of objects. The phoenetic linkages for numbers enables you to memorise telephone numbers, bank note serial numbers and addresses with very little effort. I only wish I had this book when I was learning the Periodic Table at school!
Lorayne has a few other books out on a similar topic and he has also released a few books on Magic. He occasionally appears on television, where he memorises the names of the entire studio audience and memorises packs of cards. Inspirational!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Actually Does What It Says..., May 11, 2007
This review is from: Page-a-Minute Memory Book (Paperback)
This book is filled with a good number of memory improvement tricks and techniques that are presented in a conversational style and kept to roughly a single page in length.

In addition to showing you various techniques, the author subtly weaves in ways that improve your observation skills, helps you form creative associations, and that causes you to remember.

There are little exercises through out the book, but they are just that - samples. There's nothing boring or done by rote. As you're reading along, several pages later (which could days later), the author indirectly tests you, validating that if you even try the technique, you get high return with minimal effort. Simply practicing seems to improve your memory even more.

Instead of spending money on all those mega-memory courses, this book will get you there in shorter time and in a much more entertaining manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and very easy, June 30, 1999
This review is from: Page-a-Minute Memory Book (Paperback)
This book is a breeze to read. Your memory starts improving with very little effort - this stuff really works.
This little inexpensive gem should be required reading in school. - You can memorize everything.
I espcially like the parts about foreign language vocabulary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, December 21, 2001
This review is from: Page-a-Minute Memory Book (Paperback)
I read a different memory book by Lorayne when in high school, and his techniques helped me with high school and college exams. I boned up on some of those techniques in this book, but was thrilled with the bits at the end where he teaches some simple ways--and new ways--to deal with certain math problems. I'm terrible at math, so these were great to find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on improving your memory!, March 22, 2001
This review is from: Page-a-Minute Memory Book (Paperback)
Just over 150 pages with simple, direct and powerful tecniques (many we use already unknowingly!) that will improve your memory in different areas: going to school, learning a new language (I learned 8 new words in about 10 minutes!), speeches, daily work schedule etc.. Will facilitate many tasks in your life forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most important books I've read, January 2, 2011
This review is from: Page-a-Minute Memory Book (Paperback)
From the outset, I should note that I've always been extremely skeptical of these "self-help" and "self-improvement" books because 1) they seem to only point out the obvious to you and 2) even if you learn something new, it probably won't affect your life all that much. I delved into this book with the same amount of skepticism, having picked up this book at a local bookstore following the recommendations by the authors of Princeton Review's Word Smart, 4th Edition (Smart Guides) in the first chapter. Only when I finished it did I know that this inexpensive paperback with a dully sketched cover was a life-revolutionizing treasure in disguise.

Throughout my entire life (and especially during high school), I had an extraordinarily difficult time retaining information -- even with hours and hours of studying. This book helped to change everything around.

The information Mr. Lorayne teaches in this book is surprisingly easy to grasp. Memorizing material via repetition (rote memory) is often frustrating and can be a complete waste of time, and Mr. Lorayne agrees. Whether you struggle with remembering dates or a definition of a particular word, Mr. Lorayne shows you how to make the information you're trying to memorize memorable, funny, and personal to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Book, July 27, 1998
This review is from: Page-a-Minute Memory Book (Paperback)
Learn to remember anything including names, facts, foreign lanqueges, etc. A must read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Page-a-Minute Memory Book
Page-a-Minute Memory Book by Harry Lorayne (Paperback - September 29, 1996)
$14.00 $9.70