Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on December 13, 2006
I love camping, but for years I've been complaining about having to dodge yellow jackets and mosquitoes while cooking and eating, and finally decided to do something about it. After careful research I decided on this one because of the size, durability, ease of set up and Paha Que's reputation. Our plans most of the time involve putting the screen room over campground picnic tables. The 10X10 doesn't give us enough room to be able to walk all the way around the table easily and the 12X12 would take up too much room in our campsites. The 10X12 is just the right size and shape. We also purchased the rainfly and are glad we did.

Before we left, we practiced setting it up in our local park - good thing, because the rainfly we received was really a 12X12 mis-labeled and disguised as a 10X12, and it took us awhile to figure out why it just wouldn't fit. Imagine how cranky we would've been if that had happened on our trip! Paha' Que was great though and shipped out another one right away, so it arrived in time for our first camping trip of the season. Other than that glitch it set up very easily. Pounding in all the stakes and setting up all the guylines is a little time-consuming but that's true of any tent-type structure built to withstand weather.

I am so glad we bought this screen room and only wish we'd done so sooner. It was so worth it to be able to relax while fixing and eating our meals and to have that extra bit of shade to relax under in the hot summer sun. It's very versatile in that you can have all walls zipped shut, or rolled up or anything in between. You can buy extra poles and have awnings on all four sides (we chose not to). Next time we decide to have a July 4th picnic this is most definitely coming with us!

Just as a note - it does a great job of keeping out flying insects but crawling ones can still get in from down below unless you buy and install the custom floor (which we didn't do because it would be too much of a pain when using it over picnic tables). We also had a couple of little ground squirrels crawl under and race through on their way to wherever....it was entertaining! Also, if you're going to use this while camping you need to be careful about choosing campsites big enough for both this and your tent, and because it's so tall you want to be sure there aren't too many low-hanging branches to get in the way of set-up.
on January 28, 2009
I have been camping in all manner of tents - from 1950s vintage canvas behemoths to high tech, high quality backpacking tents - for over 40 years. I purchased this product based on favorable reviews found on Amazon and elsewhere. I would strongly advise anyone considering a Paha Que screen house to first examine the product, in hand. You may find the quality acceptable; I did not, and I am returning it to Amazon.
The seams appear to be crudely sewn with irregular stitching and loose threads. A velcro closure tab was attached to the screen when I opened up the tent and when I carefully peeled it off, it frayed the screen. There is velcro all over this product and the screen will undoubtedly take a beating from its inevitable encounters with the velcro. The screen is of a weave I've not seen on other tents; perhaps its ok, but it looks cheap. The perimeter ground flaps are very narrow and I imagine it would be very difficult to get a good seal with the ground except on an absolutely flat surface.
I was sufficiently unimpressed with the overall quality of this product that I did not attempt to raise it and risk damaging the tent, the poles, or having another velcro incident.
I currently own three other tents (of two other well-known brands), and there is no comparison between their quality and that of the Paha Que. Perhaps these Paha Ques are durable and will last forever, but they certainly don't appear as such. To reiterate, see one of these first to be sure you'll be comfortable with the quality.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2008
I was very disappointed in this screenhouse, especially considering all the positive reviews for Paha Que products. We tried to set it up in the backyard but it was virtually impossible without tearing the no-see-um, ripping the seams, or bending the poles, and we precisely followed the instructions provided. We gave up on it, and we are experienced tent putter-uppers. Back it goes to Amazon.

Maybe the one we received was defective? There was a lot of excess string/cloth hanging out at all the seams, like the panels weren't run through the sewing machine correctly. Also, though I like the idea of the Velcro at the bottom of the tent to hold down the rain panels, as we were packing it back up the Velcro easily snagged on the netting, making a mess of it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2012
I have owned this screen room for over 10 years. It takes 2 people to set it up. We have camped at Assateague Island National Seashore for many years. This screen room keeps the biting flies and mosquitoes out. Stood up to 50 mph winds, poring rain and the wild horses. The boy scouts have used it when camping on an island, it was the only place they could be at night and not get bit by the mosquitoes. The sides can be opened or closed to keep rain, sun, or wind out. The seams are well stitched, and the screen keeps even "no-see-ums" out. I plan on getting the floor for the screen room so we can also use it as a tent.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse