The Promontory is one of the most versatile tents manufactured by Paha Qué Wilderness. Like all Paha Qué tents, the Promontory Tent uses state-of-the art fabrics, design and quality for performance that ensures you a trouble-free camping experience. With special features found only in Paha Qué tents, the Promontory is the ideal 6-8 person, 2-room family tent. This tent is designed to provide maximum usable space and total weatherproof performance.With its large no-see-um grade mesh roof, three large doors and two windows, the Promontory provides excellent ventilation, visibility around camp and fantastic stargazing at night. When the weather turns nasty, the Promontory buttons up tight with an easy-to-install rainfly to provide 100% guaranteed waterproof performance, in heavy rain and driving wind gusts up to 50mph.
Maximize your living space while camping with the entire family with the Paha Que Promontory two-room, eight-person tent. The Promontory offers a generous peak height of 7 feet and a roomy 12-by-10-feet footprint. That's 120 total square feet of living space in its open configuration, or you can divide it into two spacious rooms that each measure 10 by 6 feet (the tent includes a removable room divider with a built-in zipper). The tent also offers exterior doors on both sides and a large side door, so you don't have to step over all the other campers if you need to take a midnight restroom break. And should the weather turn nasty, the Promontory buttons up tight with an easy-to-install rainfly that provides guaranteed waterproof performance in heavy rain and driving wind gusts up to 50 miles per hour. The tent's moisture-resistant features include heavy-duty polyurethane waterproofing on the rainfly, sidewalls, and window fabric; factory tape-sealed seams; and a bathtub-style floor that keeps ground water out of the tent.
Additional features include two large windows that offer excellent campsite visibility and ventilation; two removable mesh gear lofts; two removable gear hammocks suspended under each window; reflective and adjustable guylines; and a full set of ground stakes. The Promontory, which packs up tightly for easy transport, weighs 24 pounds in the carrying bag.
The Promontory includes a room divider with a built-in zipper.
- Poles: High-performance 100-percent aluminum, 6000 series alloy, 22mm diameter, shock corded
- Sidewalls and rainfly: 185T polyester taffeta, with 1500mm polyurethane waterproof coating and fully tape sealed
- Mesh roof windows and doors: 75D polyester no-see-um mesh
- Floor: 200D polyester oxford, with 1500mm polyurethane waterproof coating and fully tape sealed; bathtub-style design extends 3 inches up sidewalls
- Zippers: YKK brand nylon coil with heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant nickel sliders
- Floor size: 144 by 120 inches
- Inside height: Minimum 60 inches at sidewalls; maximum 84 inches at peak
- Main side door dimensions: 55 inches tall; 98 inches wide at top, tapers to 72 inches at bottom
- End door dimensions: 55 inches tall; 84 inches wide at top, tapers to 24 inches at bottom
- Side window dimensions: 36 by 36 inches
- Awning: 60 inches tall; 60 inches long by 112 inches wide
- Weight: 24 pounds packed, 20 pounds minimum
About Paha Que
It all started with three guys and a tent. The three camping buddies who founded Paha Que began talking over evening campfires about how to build a better tent--one that wouldn't leak, but was roomy; one that offered headroom to folks who stand 6 feet or taller; and one that provided camping enthusiasts with the luxuries of home. So they discussed their idea to their friend Spike, Pamo Valley ranch foreman for the last 50 years. His reply? "Stop talkin' bout it, and get to it, dammit!" The fruits of their labor evolved into a company known today as Paha Que Wilderness and the trio's signature tent, the Pamo Valley. Paha Que is headquartered in Poway, California.