‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Ended too soon, April 1, 2014
I have been waiting for this book since I discovered Erynn Mangum's books last fall (and went through all of them in a two month time span). I've been looking forward to finding out what happens to Paige and Tyler. I was not disappointed. The books are humorous, but also deal with some tough issues. My one complaint with this book is that it was too short. In Mangum's other series, she follows the relationship a little further than she did in this one and I was sad to say good by to Paige and Tyler so soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual fare, April 2, 2014
This is not Erynn's normal heroine. Paige is flawed in her severe adherence to the rules, her being the classic case of elder brother from the tale of the prodigal son. And as such, she is not my favorite lead compared to her other series. But she does learn important lessons that can resonate with readers, and this is a fresh ending to a series compared to the very similar ending to both Lauren and Maya's stories.

All the same, I will always read (and reread) Erynn's books and novellas because I love her voice that she portrays and is one of the few authors that consistently makes me laugh out loud! They're always books I can turn to when I am stressed and need some lighthearted stories with a moral compass to cheer me up. Even if Paige's story didn't appeal to me as much on the first take, I'm sure I will grow to love it more in time.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, April 11, 2014
Every book I've read by Erynn Mangum I have enjoyed. It's an easy read with spiritual insight and good reminders about aspects of a regular relationship with God. I really enjoy the characters and their personalities. I really enjoyed the Paige Adler series, as well as the other series Erynn has written. Erynn is one of my favorite authors!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but Maya is my favorite, April 2, 2014
I liked this series much more than the Lauren books, but there is just something about Maya. Paige is definitely a close second, but I loved Maya. I did appreciate the spiritual lessons that Paige learns. Thought-provoking at the very least.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Paige Turned: A Paige Alder Novel (Paperback)
Great story. Sweet! Wanted a little more interaction (deep conversations) between main characters. Resolve some issues. Great for teenage girls. Highly recommend anything by Erynn Mangum!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving It!, April 9, 2014
I absolutely Love Erynn Mangum's writing! The only problem I had with this book is where it ended! I wanted to read more about the life of Paige Alder!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Paige Turned: A Paige Alder Novel (Paperback)
I'm a huge Erynn Mangum fan, and I've enjoyed Paige's story.
I love the aspect of past sin and dating. I wish the characters had talked things out a little more because I think it's an important topic for Christian singles. Mangum handles topics with such a wit and humor that you almost forget a spiritual lesson is being shared.

The characters are well-rounded and fun. The plot is an easy and fast read. It's crazy how the author can focus on routine, daily life but make it an engaging read.

Fans of Christian fiction will enjoy this conclusion to Paige's story...although I'm sorry to see her go but eagerly look forward to the author's next book. (Hint: could we see a series featuring Luke? His story doesn't feel finished.)

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun conclusion!, May 3, 2014
This review is from: Paige Turned: A Paige Alder Novel (Paperback)
A fun conclusion to the Paige Alder series!

I was thrilled to read and review Paige Turned after I enjoyed Paige Rewritten back in November. The saddest part about returning to Paige's world is knowing that it's for the last time. I didn't want the book to end! I can honestly say that I had no idea how Mangum would wrap things up for us. Am I pleased with the end result? Not entirely, but that's only because I suspected a different outcome. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything, but Mangum did offer us a positive ending.

Moving past my personal minor disappointment, Paige's hilarious personality kept me smiling throughout. I adore her character in so many ways. Not only that but I could also relate with many of Paige's internal struggles, especially having struggled myself. I liked how she eventually answered her questions using Scripture.

If the previous books were three quarters of Paige's journey, this book completes it in a beautiful way. I will definitely miss further adventures with Paige, but I will be certain to reread her books every now and then. Mangum has done a wonderful job crafting Paige and writing from the first person POV. The supporting cast are completely their own, though we see them mostly through Paige's eyes. I am really impressed with Mangum's skill. I readily recommend this book to teens fifteen and older.

I received this book from TH1NK through CFBA in return for an honest review of my opinions, which I have done. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Catching up with Old Friends, April 28, 2014
This review is from: Paige Turned: A Paige Alder Novel (Paperback)
I love series that actually continue with the same characters that I’ve fallen in love with instead of making a previous small character the main focus of the new book. In the Paige Adler series, Mangum’s latest installment: Paige Turned I get to catch up with Paige Adler and company and it was like catching up with old friends, over a cup of coffee of course!

Paige is a busy girl, enjoying her job working out with her church’s youth group and trying to squeeze in quality time with her best gal pal Layla and her boyfriend Tyler. While Layla is a regular at Paige’s apartment, Tyler has been a bit MIA over the summer. What secret could he be hiding? Has he lost interest or does it have nothing to do with Paige? Relationships are tricky and all the ones in this book are going through some struggles. Layla and her fiancé are planning their wedding as are Paige’s sister Preslee and her man Wes. Between theirs and Paige’s relationship with Tyler and her hunky ex boyfriend, there’s lots of lessons in love and the true meaning of commitment.

Paige is surrounded by chaos and she can barely find the time to eat let alone sort it all out. She digs in the Word every night looking for answers but they don’t come easily. I think we’ve all experienced this at one time or another. We seek after God’s wisdom but can’t seem to find it. That’s when we have to re-evaluate our hearts and see where we’re going wrong.

I loved catching up with Paige in Paige Turned and Mangum’s development of these characters I’ve already grown to love. I can’t wait to see what happens with Paige next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, April 16, 2014
Absolutely love every book Erynn Mangum writes. This one is definitely far from being a let down :) Can't wait for the next series!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Paige Turned: A Paige Alder Novel
Paige Turned: A Paige Alder Novel by Erynn Mangum (Paperback - April 1, 2014)
$14.99 $11.47