5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, well-balanced views and tips from an M.D.
I love Dr. Teitelbaum because he knows what he is talking about. There are tons of books out there that are written by people with no medical degrees. While their opinions maybe of some value, you can never fully trust their judgement.

Published on June 15, 2006 by Y. DANIEL

1.0 out of 5 stars pain free 123
Yeah, if you want brilliant advise like controlling your bladder by "telling" it to wait this is the book for you. It says to say it to yourself so you don't disturb your spouse (if in bed sleeping). It doesn't say how to explain to your spouse why you wet the bed after following this advice. LOL Don't waste your money.
Published 10 months ago by Susan D

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, well-balanced views and tips from an M.D., June 15, 2006
Y. DANIEL "ydaniel" (Los Angeles, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pain Free 1-2-3: A Proven Program for Eliminating Chronic Pain Now (Paperback)

What makes Dr. Teitelbaum's books very effective is two things: a) He's been through Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia himself, had to drop out of med school and got over his ailments, therefore he can relate to a patient more than many book writers. b) He's an M.D. which means that when he recommends a dosage of a drug, you can rest that he knows what he's talking about AND his views on alternative medicine are so well balanced and well researched.

There are tons of claims out there about all kinds of therapies and treatments and magic pills.. Teitelbaum juices it down and presents his recommendations on everything from bracelet magnets to prolotherapy and traditional prescription pain medications.

Excellent book that I keep referring to over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent information on effective, inexpensive, nonaddictive, safe, nonsurgical pain control, August 28, 2006
Unfortunately, many effective, less expensive, safe pain treatments receive almost no advertising, since they are not very profitable for manufacturers or practitioners. FDA approval for a new treatment or procedure usually requires clinical trials costing at least $[...]. Naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, hormones and herbs are not patentable, unless the natural molecule is altered or a new delivery system is developed. Insurers seldom pay for treatments and procedures, which are not FDA approved. Universities and medical schools rely heavily on financial support from pharmaceutical manufacturers. Most effective inexpensive remedies will never receive the expensive newspaper, magazine, radio and television publicity, which more expensive patented prescription medications receive.

Many chronic pain patients have had numerous endoscopies and scans, costing thousands of dollars, which did not provide as much useful diagnostic or treatment information as the reader can obtain from reading this book.

Teitelbaum's protocols and concepts have been especially effective with migraine sufferers, many of whom have reduced their migraine pain, 96 to 98 percent, without using any painkillers. Compounding pharmacists, have been able to formulate prescription pain creams which relieve 90 to 100 percent of fibromyalgia pain, with virtually no side effects and no addiction risk.

Numerous restless leg syndromes, chronic fatigue syndromes and irritible bowel syndromes,have been eliminated using information contained in this book.

The herbal gastritis and reflux protocols have worked for almost everyone I know, who has tried them.

The attention he gives to effective and inexpensive, over the counter and generic medication is especially refreshing, when pharmaceutical manufacturers and physicians seem focused on the most expensive medications and procedures. The book integrates pharmaceutical,over the counter,nutritional, hormonal and herbal treatments.

I have had the pleasure of listening to Dr. Teitelbaum, in person, at one of the lectures, he gives free of charge. I have had the additional pleasure of interviewing him twice on voiceamerica.com internet radio show. His humility continues to amaze me.

He recommended that patients continue his herbal pain formula, cautioning that six weeks might be required to experience improvement, when it took away someone's herniated lumbar disc pain, in a couple hours and has kept it away.

His herbal pain formula also worked safely for a fibromyalgia patient, who had gastritis.

He donates all royalties from his nutritional formulas to charity. He answers very specific, complex health questions for individuals, free of charge, on his endfatigue.com website.

He has a gift for explaining and teaching medical, biochemical and statistical concepts, in a manner which is understandable, by non scientists.

Some very funny cartoons also help ease your pain! Thank God for this book and Dr. Teitelbaum!

Steven Sponaugle

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have FIBROMYALGIA read this review!!, March 14, 2011
As a fibromyalgia sufferer for 13+ years I have tried many, many different 'solutions' to offer any help at all with this 'inconvenient' disease/condition. I have never found anything that has helped me as much as the suggested supplement routines in this book (especially MAGNESIUM). I'm not going to go on and on about everything I've tried or how crappy I've felt for years, but I will say that after 1 1/2 months of applying what is talked about in 1-2-3 Pain Free I've never felt better. Granted, the cost of supplements can be a bit high but it isn't something that you have to do forever...you are simply putting yourself through a state of 'supernutrition' that is talked about in the book, and as soon as you start feeling better you'll see that it is worth every penny. I have also switched to an ATKINS diet plan which has helped TREMENDOUSLY!! I feel now that a huge part of my pain with the condition was being caused by sugars/white flours, etc. that are now totally avoided with my new diet. If you suffer from fibro (or know someone who does), you owe it to yourself to buy this book. I would also consider using it in conjunction with a change to the ATKINS way of eating, it has been a GODSEND to me and I finally feel like I have my life back...no more brain fog, no more aches and pains everywhere, and I can finally be the active Dad my two young kids deserve. As a fibro sufferer who feels like I'm finally seeing a light at the end of a long and painful tunnel, I'm imploring you to give these methods a try...you've got nothing to lose but your pain!

5.0 out of 5 stars pain free 1-2-3, April 2, 2006
R. Brinker (asheville, nc) - See all my reviews
Well documented, concise, easy to read. Significant information for good health. Inclusive of both traditional and less traditional medical approachs to healing. Worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope & Great Info for CFS, FM & Hypothyroid Patients & Their Drs., July 8, 2006
After many years of study and experience in these diseases in the holistic health care field, this book and Dr. Teitelbaum's experiential information provide a number of vital answers to questions that so many people suffering from CFS, FM and Hypothyroidism need to know about.

Dr. Teitelbaum very effectively combines his knowlegde and personal experience in allopathic, (western) medicine, along with holistic healing, to bring a great deal of very important and extremely helpful information to patients and their physicians, who have been stuck with very little options for way too long. He brings forth options for treatment, and cure at the causal level of these diseases.

This is a wonderful resource and wealth of information regarding these diseases and how they can truly be healed, determining the underlying causes.

These diseases are debilitating, and are not only disruptive to the patient, but to the entire family of the patient. Ask any patient with fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue and you will hear how many different things they have tried to improve the quality of their life - usually with very little, if any benefit. Symptoms may be brought under control for a short time, but cure is not even a topic of discussion in most medical practices. These diseases and the people suffering from them have been pushed under the rug for much too long by doctors who have not understood the disease, or the patient.

Physicians will benefit greatly from this book and learn much about how to assist their patients renew a quality life once again.

Patients suffering from these diseases will benefit greatly from this book in regard to self treatment, as well as options for assisting their own physicians in treatments, or choosing to work with doctors who have trained with Dr. Teitelbaum.

I will tell you first hand that this book has changed my life for the better in a very short time. I am so grateful I was led to this book and the center in the area where I live. I have noticed a huge improvement in only a few short weeks.

I have complete faith that within a few short months I will be back to myself again, healthy and whole, fully engaged in life, after struggling with these conditions for much too long.

I recommend this book to anyone with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue system, and/or hypothyroidism, as well as their family members. It is truly a life saver.

Dr. Teitelbaum knows what he is talking about and the proof is in the return of health you will notice in such a short time period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Find a Natural Way to Pain Relief, June 28, 2006
This book give the steps to eliminate many common types of pain (headaches, back pain, arthritis, neuropathic pain, abdominal pains, carpal tunnel, etc.). I was pleased to see the emphasis on sleep, dealing with hormonal issues, and nutrition.

I'd never thought about something like ginger for reducing arthritis inflammation. It can be added to a number of foods or even make a tea of it. Curry powder (with its tumeric) and cherry extract are other pain relieving herbals.

The author says it can take up to six weeks for the natural remedies to build up in your system and do the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read Book!, February 15, 2010
This is a great little book. I tried his End Pain formula,
on page 326. In less than 2 weeks my arthritis and fibromyalgia pain were virtually gone! I had tried lots of
other products and formulas for arthritis, and they did not
relieve the pain the way the End Pain Formula does. You can
buy the product from his website, or you can order the ingredients individually, and make your own. I usually order
from Swanson, as their products cost less. That's what I did.
I also take glucosamine and chondroitin and MSM,and D-Ribose.
I have found these products to help along with the End Pain
Formula. So I recommend the "Pain Free 1-2-3" book highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, December 14, 2007
E. Lemley (Washington State) - See all my reviews
I would recommend this book to any one who has pain. Their are ideas that I have found nowhere else. This Doctor believes the body can not heal if it doesn't have what it needs to do so. If the cell lacks energy, how can the body heal? I have purchased this book for several people. Pain is a complex problem. This book has answers.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are in pain, this is THE book for you, June 21, 2007
Here are some of my favorite quotes:
"Although both allopathic and natural medicines have their weaknesses, when you combine them, almost all pain can be effectively treated. It's the difference between having only one tool- say a hammer, which is like allopathic medicine - or a whole tool kit that includes the dozens of other healing arts available in natural medicine. A hammer can be a very useful tool, but unfortunately when all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail! It's much easier to get the job done safely and effectively when you are using all the tools available." (Keep in mind the author is a medical doctor!)

"I simply propose that you use the best of both systems. To make this easier for you, and to maintain objectivity, I have a policy of not taking money from any companies (natural or pharmaceutical) whose products I recommend. In addition, for the products I make, 100 percent of my royalties go to charity. There's nothing wrong with money, I simply don't want to get in the way of your getting well!" [Wow, now isn't that refreshing!]

"...most Americans are chronically dehydrated, and this can make you feel worse as well. I do not recommend that you count glasses of water; this is an annoying way to spend a day. Simply check in with your mouth and lips every so often. If they are dry, you are dehydrated and need to drink more water." (How many times have we all read that we have to have eight or ten glasses of water a day? Really, how many of us spend a day counting how much we drink?! What a practical solution to the problem!)

You will find this book engaging, informative and practical.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is helpful when other attempts have failed in dealing with pain., October 7, 2010
This book is very helpful, and it doesn't wander and waste words. Briefly, he tells you how to decrease or eliminate pain in ways you may not have tried before. It is worth reading.

Pain Free 1-2-3: A Proven Program for Eliminating Chronic Pain Now
Pain Free 1-2-3: A Proven Program for Eliminating Chronic Pain Now by Jacob Teitelbaum (Paperback - December 19, 2005)
$17.95 $12.58