Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Platform: PC Download|Edition: Free Demo|Change
Price:$0.01 - $17.75

on October 12, 2011
The demo is limited of course and maybe after playing more of the game the confusion would clear up. For a FPS it's pretty good, the controls are OK and movement is good, but some areas of the map are difficult to get through. I may buy it when it comes out, if I'm not deeply involved in another game. I would have written a longer review if the demo were longer.
on January 3, 2013
downloaded it but it wont load sick and tired of amazons dowloading problems...they can send a book but have trouble delivering online content
on December 4, 2012
It does not work on my pc. I just get a blue square. It was install at ;ease 3 times.
on October 21, 2012
This is a very good FPS game with a lot of action. Some of the mazes to get around are sometimes confusing, but if you keep at it you will finish. I am going to buy the full version soon.
on July 22, 2013
I really didn't care for this game. It just seemed slightly generic. It's the classic point and click to shoot at these so called demons from hell. In the beginning, the story being told is quite lengthy and you really have patience otherwise you are stuck clicking uncontrollably at the screen. How hard is it to get the understanding: Your playing a character who was living against the city rules by murdering, dealing, etc. Almost like the Godfather except he's in no position to give orders. While in the middle of blowing up something or someone, a bus of innocents are riding by. He has a change of heart, try to stop the bus but as well as the passengers, he ends up dead. See how quick that was explained. I guess this game is only great for boredom.
Painkiller: Resurrection (Free Demo) is a great way to learn about the game before buying it. I enjoyed the demo and even thou this was only a demo it let you do alot within the game. The summary of the game is as follows:

William "Wild Bill" Sherman, an ex CIA Agent and specialist for dangerous missions in the Black Ops Special Unit has a big problem: during his last job, he has managed to not only kill the head of an illegal drug operation and a slew of innocent civilians, but himself in a fatal mistake. Trapped in a hostile place between heaven and hell, his soul flickers between the millions of faceless infidels and good and evil forces start to use Wild Bill for their own needs.

The game features new levels, new monsters, new bosses and a new story. The game is a First Person Shooter (FPS) and has enormous, explorable areas. Again I enjoyed this game and would definitely recommend it.

Thank you for reading my review.
on September 14, 2013
"Windows 7" ,,, WILL INSTALL IT AOK!

But of course ,,, YOU must TELL "Windows 7" ,,, check for "compatibility issues".
THEN ,,, it will Install AOK, with NO PROBLEMS.

Even after some "20" YEARS, "Windows" is still pretty stupid, by design.
==========================================================================================
(edit) ALSO ,,, to get this program to RUN on "Windows 7" I had to "force" a DirectX update for Windows 7. Force, because Windows kept saying my version was up to date. Of course that Microsoft statement was true, DirectX Version 11, but Windows 7 requires what Microsoft calls an "optimized" DirectX Update, for certain programs.

I found and DOWNLOADED a Microsoft Program -- dxwebsetup.exe
It downloaded about 42MB of DirectX Updates.
PainKiller then worked AOK.
on March 11, 2014
I chose this rating for several reasons. First, the game crashed several times just during the opening intro. Then while playing I would get stuck in areas with no way to get unstuck but to go back to the last save. The story sounded good at first, but when you actually play it, you're just shooting ridiculous demon creatures which is so much like other games I've played in the past. When the demo ended, I felt no reason to get the game, even it were free. I was honestly bored.
on January 28, 2013
The free demo was okay and looked like fun. Based on that, I bought the full download. The full download version did not include an installation file. I now have a folder with several loose files but no game and no way to install what I downloaded.
Instructions and read me files were useless since they apply to the DVD version. I'd like to buy other downloads but i'm reluctant to do so because of this.
on March 31, 2013
Just had the final straw broke shutting the game down it filled the screen with an error box much like a virus or malware looking the computer up and causing it to crash. My computer has an AMD 2.6 GHz Athlon X4 processor, 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM, dual Radeon HD 5770 graphic cards w/1GB DDR5 RAM each. So my computer should have no problem handling this game.

I had no problem with the download or anything on Amazon's end this was on the developers end in the program itself which I am almost sure most of the other problems on here probably were also.

See 1 answered question