From the Back Cover
- Grasp the basics of aroma, flavor, and taste
- Select the best wine match for every dish, every time
- Appreciate how a wine's age affects pairing
- Order wine at a restaurant to complement your meal
Expert tips and strategies to help you create the perfect food and wine pairing every time!
Knowing the best wine to serve with food can elevate the meal to another level of enjoyment. Pairing Food & Wine For Dummies helps you understand the principles behind matching food and wine. From European to Asian, fine dining to burgers and barbeque, you'll learn strategies for knowing just which wine to choose with anything you're eating. Pairing Food & Wine For Dummies goes beyond offering a simple list of which wines to drink with which foods we give you access to the principles that enable you to make your own informed matches on the fly, whatever wine or food is on the table.
- Start with the basics get familiar with different wine styles and learn which foods they complement
- Use your senses understand the aspects of smelling, tasting, and touching food and wine that help you create the desired match and enjoy the experience even more
- Travel the world learn the best food and wine matches for global cuisine, and for whatever's cooking in your own backyard
- Soak up the sommelier's strategies discover classic and modern pairings and your own new favorite combinations
- Dine out find out how to spot a wine-savvy restaurant and get the best wine deals
- Throw a food and wine tasting party figure out which kinds of wines to serve, how much, and with which foods
Open the book and find:
- Tips, hints, strategies, and secrets for creating food and wine pairings
- Pairing suggestions for cuisines and wines from around the world
- The science behind why some pairings work, and others don't
- How wine changes with the food you're eating
- A few tasting experiments to grasp the basics of food and wine interaction
- Ways to select wines for a special occasion
- Why the size of a wine glass is important
- Tips on becoming a sommelier
About the Author
John Szabo is the original Canadian Master Sommelier, adding the credentials in 2004, and one of only 200 worldwide. He writes for WineAlign.com, NationalPost.com, TorontoStandard.com, Wine Access Magazine, Maclean's Magazine and Grapevine Magazine, and is wine editor for CityBites Magazine. John is also consulting wine director for the Trump Tower Toronto and Pearson International Airport.