5.0 out of 5 stars Wool in the desert?
I read lots of reviews about how warm these socks are. I live in the low desert near Phoenix, AZ where summer temperatures range from a comfortable 100 degrees to a bit toasty 120 degrees. Pavement temperature can easily hit 140. I wear net topped shoes (New Balance 1540) to get maximum ventilation in an office casual environment. We usually get a couple frosts a year...
Published 18 months ago by Jim

1.0 out of 5 stars Just buy 2 pairs of sweat socks instead!
Got theses sock as a gift and the soles of all 4 pairs of socks wore out in less than a month, horrible!
Published 8 months ago by George

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 491 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, nice socks, January 10, 2015
I was looking for soft wool socks that were warm for winter hiking and snow shoeing but that would not be itchy or too bulky. I also did not want to pay some crazy amount for one pair of socks, and thought these would be a good value. I have been very pleased with them and they keep my feet warm. I would say they are of medium thickness compared to other socks I have (I wear a women's size 9 shoe). I would purchase these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits as expected., May 27, 2014
Absolutely LOVE these socks. They're comfortable and feel great. If you need a great pair of socks look no further than these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 24, 2014
Makes a perfect Christmas gift and it is also a good deal. Great for the winter time and any cold day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks, May 20, 2014
Brian Cox (Fort Wayne, IN) - See all my reviews
I wear these with a wicking layer sock (the grey stretchy "boot" socks by browning) in about every pair of shoes I wear now, including my work boots (great moisture control) and even in the heat. I'll only wear my cotton socks on really hot days in my super breathable Lems Primal 2's, every other time I vastly prefer my wool socks.

Great socks for a good price, well worth it. If you're considering jumping into wool socks, these are a great buy and you'll really ask yourself "why'd it take this long for me to get wool socks?!".

I recommend the wicking socks above (I got 'em at Rural King here in Fort Wayne, IN), primarily any good wicking layer, and these over them, and whatever shoes that'll fit (it'll be snug at first). Your feet will be warm, hot if they're sitting in waterproof leather work boots in the sun..., but never really wet that you get with cotton socks.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY socks I wear., May 20, 2014
They look like grandpa socks with shorts but they are all day comfy, warm and even in the summer are not to bad.

Durable and awesome socks

MADE IN AMERICA!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, April 23, 2014
SMB "K" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
What a great price for 4 pairs of 100% wool socks! Wash in the washing machine them but hang them to dry for best results. Love them!!! I ordered more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best socks ever, April 20, 2014
At 28 I thought I was doomed to spend the rest of my days with sweaty, wet, cold feet. It wasn't until these People Socks walked into my life that I learned, I too could have comfortable feet.

Cotton socks are garbage. They don't wick moisture, they wear out and they won't keep your feet at a reasonable temperature. Wool is the fabric of the gods. Now my feet don't sweat as much as when they do, they don't stay wet. I'm throwing out all my old socks and only buying these from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars After a year of wearing these, I'm coming back for more, April 9, 2014
These socks are, in a word, great. Thick but not too thick, warm when it's cold, but cool when it's hot. They're an enigma of a sock with wool superpowers. Wool usually means scratchy and itchy, but these are neither. Very soft, and very durable. They advise that these should be washed gently and line-dried, but I've put mine through hell, and always throw them in my dryer, with both whites and darks. I don't sort my laundry-- there, the secret's out. But after a year of constant machine washing and machine drying, these things look pretty much like they did when I first bought them. Highly, highly recommended. They work in a pair of Chuck Taylors and they equally work in a pair of Patagonia hiking boots. I'm ordering some more right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Toasty - BARGAIN, April 2, 2014
These are wonderful socks. I have Raynaud's and must wear socks 24/7/365. These are just the ticket. Enough wool to keep my feet warm and toasty without a whole lotta bulk. A great bargain - Made in USA - I'm buying more.

5.0 out of 5 stars great socks, April 2, 2014
These are very comfortable socks. They are quite thick, and I might not have bought them if I had seen them in a store, but I'm glad I did. Love they way they feel when I put them on - soft, stretchy, warm - they just feel like a quality product. Not sure how they are going to do in the warmer months, but for this snowy spring they are just the ticket.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 491 | Next ›