5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to my son's bedtime routine
Published on December 31, 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Take a pass on this Boynton book: Despite cute illustrations, the story is very weak and repetitive.
Bought it because of the topic (bedtime) and the illustrations are SO cute. HOWEVER, the story is very weak and repetitive making it significantly less interesting to kids and adults than Boynton's other great books. Simply put, it's just not written as well as other Boynton books we love such as the Belly Button Book, Good Night Book, Moo Baa Laa Laa Laa...
Published 16 days ago by Mr. Detail

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to my son's bedtime routine, December 31, 2000
This review is from: Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
Once you really get a feel for the rhythm of this book (it doesn't take long) you and your toddler will adore it. My 2 year old loves Boynton's board books best, and Pajama Time quickly surpassed Barnyard Dance as his absolute favorite book. We can calm him down any time by repeating the sing-songy words to Pajama Time. Since our son loves to take a bath but isn't always anxious to get out of the tub, we started chanting the words to Pajama Time as we reach for the towel. It calms him down and reminds him that his favorite book is coming up soon and is worth getting out of the tub for. Putting on his pajamas is less of a squirmfest, too, since having pajamas on is much more fun now.
As always, Boynton's illustrations are amusing and adorable. We particularly like the variety of pajamas shown on the animal characters. This book makes a great companion book to Boynton's Hey, Wake Up--the two together would make a wonderful gift.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's got a great beat & you can dance to it, May 4, 2004
This review is from: Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
Since he was 2 or 3 months old, my baby has loved to hear us chant this catchy rhyme. Keep a good, steady rhythm when you read it aloud, dance with it or pound the crib mattress to keep time, and it's magic. "Pajammy to the left! Pajammy to the right! Jamma jamma jamma jamma P!J!" seldom fails to get a baby grin. The pictures of happy dancing animals, like most of Boynton's illustrations, just radiate good feeling. This is too good to save for bedtime (in fact, it's so rousing, parents might prefer to use it earlier in the day).

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisinly good for a range of ages, August 22, 2003
This review is from: Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
I bought this book for my 2 1/2 year old nephew and was surprised to find out it is his seven year old sister's current favorite book! She likes to sing the words--try it--it's fun! Boynton is great for a child as soon as he or she "gets" the concept of being read to--and I'm still waiting to see when they start getting bored!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book-crazy 2 year old's current fave!, June 22, 2000
This review is from: Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
If you have to read a book over and over like I do to my 2 year old, this is THE book! We both love to sing and dance along with the animals and it has added an interesting twist to choosing her pjs each night. We have only had the book a few weeks, but she already has most of it memorized and reads along with me. My husband loves the book too and does a great rap song rendition which really cracks my daughter up. A lot of fun. I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Boyton Classic, June 6, 2000
This review is from: Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This is the third Boyton bedtime book I have including the Going to Bed Book and Snoozers. At first I thought it would be too similiar to the others but my children love it. This one has a nice rhythm to it and the text is hilarious. The illustrations are classic Boyton, but different enough to hold the interest of young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pajammy here, pajammy there, jamma jamma everywhere..., September 29, 2004
This review is from: Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
(OK, that's not actually a line from the book.)
I started reading this book to my son when he was just a few months old. He always smiled when I have read this to him, especially when we get to his favorite part of the book: "Pajammy to the left, pajammy to the right, jamma jamma jamma jamma PJ".
Whenever I am dressing him in his PJs, if he starts to fight and give me a hard time, I just have to start reciting the words to the book - which I've got memorized, because it's got such a great beat. By the time I get to the words "It's pajamma time", he smiles and is happy to "pull on the bottoms, and put on the top". He knows that after he gets his PJs on, we are ready to dance.
This book is a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the entire family, November 7, 2004
This review is from: Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
I bought this book for my 8 month old nephew for Christmas last year. At first he wasn't really interested in the book. But after his mom read it to him a few times, he really got into it. He loves to point at the colorful "jammies" that the animals are wearing in the book. He also loves the Pjammy to the left...Pjammy to the right....part. We read it like a cheer and he just laughs and giggles at us. I've found it's one of his favorite books. He brings it with him everywhere he goes because it keeps him entertained. I'm going to be sure to buy more books for him because they are all as entertaining as this one is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Fabulous at Bedtime, November 17, 2005
E. Jones (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
We received this book on my daughters 1st birthday. She immediately loved it. We sing the book to her as this book easily lends itself to song. In the beginning we pointed to all of the different objects the text refers to: the moon, pink pajamas, blue pajamas and such. After a few readings, she is now pointing to the objects as we sing the book to her. She loves it, and it has made putting her down for bed such an ease. We sing the book two times and then it time for "night-night." This book is heartily recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Bed Time Book, May 27, 2007
Tamara L. "T" (El Dorado Hills, Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This book is fabulous for bedtime. My active toddler has a hard time winding down for bed, but when we read her this book she has an easier time at bedtime. The illustrations are hilarious and the rhymes are great. I even enjoy reading my children this book. Its really fun if you enjoy "getting into" the rhythm of the language. Sandra Boynton books are the BEST.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for parents too, January 7, 2001
This review is from: Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
When reading to my daughter, she usually insists that I read the same book repeatedly throughout the day. And we read so many books everyday. But this book is one I never get tired of reading. It's fun, and the reading to a musical beat is great. I guarantee that it will get any terrible two moment out the door in seconds. When my daughter or I are in a bad mood, we reach for this book and we start to smile right away. The charcters are adorable and my daughter is delighted to get her pajamas on when I sing the song on the way to her room. Thank You Sandra Boynton for another terrific book.

Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board)
Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board) by Sandra Boynton (Board book - April 1, 2000)
$6.95 $6.25