Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Board book|Change

on December 31, 2000
Once you really get a feel for the rhythm of this book (it doesn't take long) you and your toddler will adore it. My 2 year old loves Boynton's board books best, and Pajama Time quickly surpassed Barnyard Dance as his absolute favorite book. We can calm him down any time by repeating the sing-songy words to Pajama Time. Since our son loves to take a bath but isn't always anxious to get out of the tub, we started chanting the words to Pajama Time as we reach for the towel. It calms him down and reminds him that his favorite book is coming up soon and is worth getting out of the tub for. Putting on his pajamas is less of a squirmfest, too, since having pajamas on is much more fun now.
As always, Boynton's illustrations are amusing and adorable. We particularly like the variety of pajamas shown on the animal characters. This book makes a great companion book to Boynton's Hey, Wake Up--the two together would make a wonderful gift.
Highly recommended.
on May 4, 2004
Since he was 2 or 3 months old, my baby has loved to hear us chant this catchy rhyme. Keep a good, steady rhythm when you read it aloud, dance with it or pound the crib mattress to keep time, and it's magic. "Pajammy to the left! Pajammy to the right! Jamma jamma jamma jamma P!J!" seldom fails to get a baby grin. The pictures of happy dancing animals, like most of Boynton's illustrations, just radiate good feeling. This is too good to save for bedtime (in fact, it's so rousing, parents might prefer to use it earlier in the day).
VINE VOICEon August 22, 2003
I bought this book for my 2 1/2 year old nephew and was surprised to find out it is his seven year old sister's current favorite book! She likes to sing the words--try it--it's fun! Boynton is great for a child as soon as he or she "gets" the concept of being read to--and I'm still waiting to see when they start getting bored!
on June 22, 2000
If you have to read a book over and over like I do to my 2 year old, this is THE book! We both love to sing and dance along with the animals and it has added an interesting twist to choosing her pjs each night. We have only had the book a few weeks, but she already has most of it memorized and reads along with me. My husband loves the book too and does a great rap song rendition which really cracks my daughter up. A lot of fun. I highly recommend.
on June 6, 2000
This is the third Boyton bedtime book I have including the Going to Bed Book and Snoozers. At first I thought it would be too similiar to the others but my children love it. This one has a nice rhythm to it and the text is hilarious. The illustrations are classic Boyton, but different enough to hold the interest of young children.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon August 25, 2015
We have become huge Sandra Boynton fans over the last couple years. I discovered how wonderful her books were after I had my son, who is now 18 months. Pajama time was our first Boynton book. I've been reading it to him every night since he was 3 months old and now he picks it up every night before bed and wants me to read it to him. It's a tradition that we look forward to and my 10 year old gets into as well.

The story is a catchy rhyme about bed time, or pajama time. It starts and ends perfectly to transition into bed time. The beginning is "The moon is up. It's getting late. Lets get ready to celebrate. It's Pajama time". Even just starting off bedtime with a fun beginning like that makes bedtime easier for us. Then at the end the words "It's pajama time" are large, then smaller, then very small. We have fun shouting the first time, reading in a normal voice the second time, then whispering the last time. My son thinks it's hilarious! The whole book is fun, silly and catchy. I don't mind reading it every single night at all. The length is perfect, it takes a few minutes to finish. The pictures are cute and bright. I have now bought this for about 5 different baby showers I've gone to because I think it's wonderful to start reading to kids early and often. So I hope that my friends (and everyone else) enjoy this as much as we do.
on November 7, 2004
I bought this book for my 8 month old nephew for Christmas last year. At first he wasn't really interested in the book. But after his mom read it to him a few times, he really got into it. He loves to point at the colorful "jammies" that the animals are wearing in the book. He also loves the Pjammy to the left...Pjammy to the right....part. We read it like a cheer and he just laughs and giggles at us. I've found it's one of his favorite books. He brings it with him everywhere he goes because it keeps him entertained. I'm going to be sure to buy more books for him because they are all as entertaining as this one is.
on November 17, 2005
We received this book on my daughters 1st birthday. She immediately loved it. We sing the book to her as this book easily lends itself to song. In the beginning we pointed to all of the different objects the text refers to: the moon, pink pajamas, blue pajamas and such. After a few readings, she is now pointing to the objects as we sing the book to her. She loves it, and it has made putting her down for bed such an ease. We sing the book two times and then it time for "night-night." This book is heartily recommended.
on January 31, 2016
We love Sandra Boynton!
This book is great & even is a bit "sing-songy".

The only downsides are:
- the moon on the front cover is a cutout, so it is easy to bend the cardboard that sticks into the moon
- it is larger in size than all the other Sandra Boynton books, so it doesn't stack quite as well.
on September 9, 2013
This is a fun book. Our daughter loved to sing the book with us, and we enjoyed how silly the book was (which made it much easier to sing). It is still a go-to book for going to bed, because it's something fun to do before bedtime.

There's not much more to say; it's certainly worth the small investment we paid for it.