Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pale Horse (A Project Eden Thriller Book 3)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 9, 2012
The first Project Eden book was gripping and a great read - and unlike the later ones actually had a beginning, middle, and end and a clear, motivating and manageable focus. The second had too many characters and felt distant from all of them. It felt more like a bridge between the first and the third books, more like an installment than a book. I plowed through the doom & gloom side stories mainly to see how things would end, assuming that Pale Horse would wrap up the series, but now it seems the author is just dragging it out into as many books as possible, maybe to get readers to keep paying? I don't think I'll keep reading. I certainly won't keep paying $3.99 for any more 'installments' full of side characters doomed to death that affect the plot only minimally or not at all.. The threat that almost everyone's going to die except a select few is clear. That's why those few are the main characters. Packing the book full of people we won't hear from again dilutes the suspense and drags down the main threads of the story. If you're going to write a series, write a series, but don't break what is really a single, too-long book into chunks that obviously can't stand on their own and then try to pass it off as a series.
on June 26, 2012
This third book in the series was so hard to put down I stayed up past 1am to finish it. I think there are several things that draw me into this story. First, I am constantly surprised, I can never guess what's coming next. But I'm also caught up in the individual characters and their struggles, while following the dire situation throughout the entire world. I hope the wait isn't too long until the fourth book in the series is available; I have to know what happens next!
on November 9, 2015
I am enjoying this whole series. The books are easy reading and a bit short for the price. The fact that the books are "science fiction" but well within the relm of possibility makes them all the more interesting. The characters are well developed, and even though I constantly want to slap Josie, she is a typical teen. There are 7 books to this series, and every time I buy one I cringe over the price. It's not that $4.99 is a huge amount, but the books are too short for the price. But the story is worth reading, so I keep paying.
on October 8, 2012
The first two books in this "trilogy" were gripping, fast paced, and fun to read. This one, however, dragged. We knew [spoiler alert!] the virus was released at the end of book 2 but throughout this book, no one seems to know what happened to the world population.
Also, this was billed as a trilogy - at least I thought so. At the end of this book, one must wait for the next book to be published later this fall. The author is dragging out the conclusion. In my opinion, Battle needs to finish the story, and start a new one.
on August 3, 2015
This series is keeping me interested. Characters make me want to get back to them to find out what is happening with them. I will continue to the end of the series! I really appreciate the fact that the author did not feel the need to insert foul language in every sentence and situation. This is very refreshing and puts him a cut above the other authors who can't seem to write without it.
on June 26, 2012
The first two books of the series were tremendously unpredictable, and coupled with the exciting plot, they were unputdownable. It was with this eagerness that I looked forward to the third book of the series.

The pace of this book matches that of the first two, and I was able to finish this relatively shorter book in about 3-4 hours single sitting. The imagery created is once again vivid, and the characterisation is nuanced. However, I found this installment of the series predictable and a little 'Hollywoodish', and to that extent, it lost out on the punch. Perhaps I was expecting too much out of this installment. After all, when there is a multi book series, there is bound to be some crests and troughs. I cannot get into the details and reasons for my feelings for this book, since that will necessitate getting into plot details and I don't want to do that as a spoiler.

So, overall, I still think that as a series Project Eden is fantastic, but as a book this installment was a notch below for me. I am now eagerly looking forward to the next installment!
on February 13, 2014
The Project Eden books do not end. They are updates to an ongoing story, very much like a soap opera, only sinister in nature. There are quite a few characters to keep up with. But that's okay. You absolutely have to start with the first book ("Sick") and work your way forward.

I get a bit peeved when I have to wait for the next segment to come out. Battles just isn't writing fast enough to suit me. When it does come out, I read it straight through. And there I am again. Waiting. But the series is worth it.
on May 22, 2016
This is the third installment in the Project Eden series. These are not stand alone books. You have to read them in order, so start with the first one, "Sick". I am totally hooked and will start reading #4 later today.
on December 6, 2014
Limited the characters and their stories to just a few. Quick reads although the author could have made this one book. Kind of irked I paid $4.99 for the last 3 when they would have have made one good book if put together. Oh well live and learn. Now to read the last one to see how the saga ends.
on May 20, 2013
I had no problem giving five stars to both of the first two books in this series. I am not sure that this one really deserves four. I am going to give book three the benefit of the doubt here.
When we finish book two we are on edge as to the outcome . Very quickly we find out what has happened. I was a bit disappointed as the author used the entire third book as a recap of the events and to catch up on the cast of characters. I thought he could have done so much quicker and started to let us know where he was going with the story itself.
So, giving him the benefit of the doubt I am diving into the next installment with the clear hope of seeing a whole lot more substance and a whole lot less review.
We will see as I am beginning to wonder whether even he knows where this whole thing is going.