5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional account of 'paleoart' history!
Loved it! 'Paleoimagery' conveys many original & somewhat personalized insights concerning the genre of paleoart (without emphasis on dinosaur movies), capturing the topical & historical essence of the genre. Numerous figures illustrate key points within the text. A 'must' for anyone who enjoys the art of prehistoric wildlife.
Published on January 20, 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the cover fool you....
Don't let the cover fool you. When I saw this book about Paleo-art, I was expecting beautful color illustrations. Not so! Everything in the book is black and white, and the printing quality is terrible. The text may be good, but as an art book-no; also, it cost almost fifty-dollars. Save your money. I 've seen cheaper books on the same theme. Thanks
Published on January 16, 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the cover fool you...., January 16, 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars minimal illustrations, but good information, January 4, 2009
I was slightly disappointed in this book. I knew the images would be black & white, but I didn't realize they would be of such poor quality. Most of the images are too dark and muddy to get a sense of what's going on. They look like bad photocopies. The paper is of a pulp quality which just adds to the problems of reproduction. However, there is a lot of good information in this book. The articles and essays in it go into great detail about certain artists and their lives. Much of this information I have not come across anywhere else. The text refers to many examples of artwork and has extensive footnotes, but sadly, does not include even half of the artwork it talks about. I was under the impression that this was going to be a very good history of Dinosaur artwork over the past hundred years or more, but instead it contains disorganized tidbits of information.
It is a good book overall but not what I would have expected out of a 75$ pricetag.

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have read the reviews first..., February 6, 2012
This review is from: Paleoimagery: The Evolution of Dinosaurs in Art (Paperback)
The mistake I made in buying this book was not reading the reviews first. As you might have read by others, this book is a cheaply made volume with a handfull of blurry, photocopy-quality black-and-white pictures. Even the text is a sort of slap-dash collection of dinosaur related topics without any real coherence. The biggest insult is the price! This book isn't worth more than $5, tops. Take my advice and skip this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional account of 'paleoart' history!, January 20, 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, January 20, 2003
By A Customer
This is truely a great and informative book. The artwork in it is very well done and I've learned so much more than I thought I would from it. I recommend this to anybody with an interest in dinosaurs or evolution. It's totally worth it!

Paleoimagery: The Evolution of Dinosaurs in Art
Paleoimagery: The Evolution of Dinosaurs in Art by Allen A. Debus (Paperback - April 11, 2011)
$45.00 $40.83