Customer Discussions > Going Rogue: An American Life forum

Sarah Palin backed Joe Miller trailing in home State

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2010 11:01:01 PM PDT
Write-in candidate Lisa Murkowski currently in the lead.

Last Senate candidate to win by write-in.......Strom Thurmond - 1954

Posted on Nov 3, 2010 6:30:13 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 17, 2011 12:04:44 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 6, 2010 9:54:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2010 9:54:52 AM PDT
I love the fact that nearly all of Sarah's picks lost big time. The ones who did win seemed to have won in spite of her meddling, not because of it...and by keeping their distance from her.

She is so done, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of watching her downfall. Nobody deserves it more.

Posted on Nov 6, 2010 9:56:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2010 9:56:25 AM PDT
Peggy Noonan slams $arah...again lol:

"Conservatives talked a lot about Ronald Reagan this year, but they have to take him more to heart, because his example here is a guide. All this seemed lost last week on Sarah Palin, who called him, on Fox, "an actor." She was defending her form of political celebrity-reality show, "Dancing With the Stars," etc. This is how she did it: "Wasn't Ronald Reagan an actor? Wasn't he in 'Bedtime for Bonzo,' Bozo, something? Ronald Reagan was an actor."

Excuse me, but this was ignorant even for Mrs. Palin. Reagan people quietly flipped their lids, but I'll voice their consternation to make a larger point. Ronald Reagan was an artist who willed himself into leadership as president of a major American labor union (Screen Actors Guild, seven terms, 1947-59.) He led that union successfully through major upheavals (the Hollywood communist wars, labor-management struggles); discovered and honed his ability to speak persuasively by talking to workers on the line at General Electric for eight years; was elected to and completed two full terms as governor of California; challenged and almost unseated an incumbent president of his own party; and went on to popularize modern conservative political philosophy without the help of a conservative infrastructure. Then he was elected president.

The point is not "He was a great man and you are a nincompoop," though that is true. The point is that Reagan's career is a guide, not only for the tea party but for all in politics. He brought his fully mature, fully seasoned self into politics with him. He wasn't in search of a life when he ran for office, and he wasn't in search of fame; he'd already lived a life, he was already well known, he'd accomplished things in the world.

Here is an old tradition badly in need of return: You have to earn your way into politics. You should go have a life, build a string of accomplishments, then enter public service. And you need actual talent: You have to be able to bring people in and along. You can't just bully them, you can't just assert and taunt, you have to be able to persuade.

Americans don't want, as their representatives, people who seem empty or crazy. They'll vote no on that.

It's not just the message, it's the messenger."

Posted on Nov 7, 2010 10:16:35 AM PST
carolb57 says:
Go Lisa Murkowski! We need another nail in Sarah Palin's coffin!!!!!

Posted on Nov 7, 2010 3:15:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2010 3:16:34 PM PST
W got on Palin too. Said she contributed to McCains loss. Dick Cavett said McCain aimed low and missed when picking her, lol.
He also said she seems to have no first language.

And I haven't heard a peep out of her little twitter thumbs since the election. MAJOR embarrassment with Miller!

Posted on Nov 7, 2010 3:37:06 PM PST
The reason the people of Alaska no longer support PAYlin......she quit!

Posted on Nov 7, 2010 11:10:08 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
--"The reason the people of Alaska no longer support PAYlin......she quit!''

And her lame reasoning that she quit because of "frivolous lawsuits" is accepted by The Palinbots as Gospel. That she went on to have a book ghostwritten for her and earn 12 million dollars after she quit is of no concern to them that this might have been her main motive in the first place. Everyone around her said that after the campaign -- she couldn't hack the routine of Governor anymore. She had gotten a taste of the big time and she loved it and being Governor was now small potatoes. She just didn't care anymore.

Why her flock doesn't see that and buys into her feeble excuse is beyond comprehension.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2010 6:33:06 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 17, 2011 12:04:52 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 6:50:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2010 6:57:49 AM PST
J. jones says:
No matter what Palinites say, it is really a topic for

discussion that she

was not able to have more clout in her own home

state. I mean, after

all, she is Sarah Palin, The Mama Grizzly! And it wasn't

even that close! I realize that Miller could still squeak in

if they disqualify many of Murkowski's write-in votes on

technicalities,like misspellings and etc., but still, this

points to a Palin vulnerability. Even people who like her,

realize she is not qualified to run for high office. This

includes Joe Miller.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2010 11:53:33 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 17, 2011 12:04:52 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 12:37:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2010 12:38:27 PM PST
Did anyone see that clip of her new reality show on TLC (home network of all modern-day freak shows)? It's priceless. In the clip I saw she was whining to the cameras about how that author moving next door to her ruined her privacy. And that Toad had to build an crappy fence to keep him from peering at them. Seconds later, she told Toad they needed to drill a hole in the fence so they could see what Joe was up to! The irony was hillarious.

Her bots won't get it tho. They will gaze in rapture at their queen sitting on a barren cement slab (it is an amazingly empty patio with only one tiny table, no flowers, no toys, no signs of life anywhere) in front her monstrously ugly house, queefing about how America could learn a thing or two about dealing with our neighbors to the South from her. Apparently she thinks we should let Toad and his buddies build a crappy 14 foot fence along the border?

This show will be the final nail in her coffin. No one but her most devoted bots could possibly find her presidential after watching this trash. It's like a paranoid version of Jon and Kate Do Alaska.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2010 5:45:32 PM PST
Pru says: "in front her monstrously ugly house, queefing about how America could learn a thing or two about dealing with our neighbors"

Now that is funny! ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2010 11:03:23 AM PST
Lol, she is a joke in every way, no doubt about it.

You know what else I find funny? That a teabagger (Joe Miller) filed a FEDERAL lawsuit to sue over misspelling. That is just precious.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 11:18:59 AM PST
Oh, and check out this video. I think Mrs. Palin has found a running mate for 2012!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wex3k7KasoQ

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2010 2:43:26 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 17, 2011 12:05:08 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2010 7:15:10 AM PST
Lol, I like her crazed babbling. At least it's entertaining. They should get rid of that fat, blubbery Beck and give her his time slot. And she would fit right in at Fox since she's blond and has a huge rack. Here's a new vid for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ebeJpQVdQU&feature=related

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2010 7:27:54 AM PST
J. jones says:
Scanlon,

Palin could do Obama a big favor by running for prez in 2012. I would love that! I

have a big problem with her quitting the governorship and then criticizing others for

their flaws. Quitting the governorship is revealing. It goes to the character issue.

She runs when there is adversity, instead of facing it down. She runs from the press

, from being governor, from preparing for high office, or even an interview by the

mainstream media. She prefers to play the victim.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2010 11:11:41 PM PST
harmonious1 says:
I would be honored to be sold on the black market to Reptilians for meat. I wonder how much I am worth per pound? After they devour my flesh, will they use my bones in some crazy cosmic soup recipe? I hope so, because I'd hate for any part of me to go to waste.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2010 9:51:58 AM PST
I wonder if Sarah Palin is a Reptilian? That would pretty much explain everything about her. Maybe that's why she says and does so many stupid things every day. All of her concentration is probably focused on maintaining a human form. Plus, she may just be a really retarded reptile.

Lol, I must email Colleen for answers on this immediately!

Posted on Nov 13, 2010 9:33:33 PM PST
harmonious1 says:
That new hangar on the Palin property does not house a Piper Cub aircraft, it houses a Reptilian spaceship!

Posted on Nov 13, 2010 11:15:46 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
Isn't it funny that ROTFLMAO is nowhere around when there is isn't any way he can spin/twist this? I also notice that he usually doesn't post on threads he hasn't started. Maybe that's why he starts so many. And if you go back and look -- most of those threads have been roundly debunked by now. For someone who says he has no use for the "lamestream media" -- he certainly jumps on every right wing bandwagon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2010 2:49:58 AM PST
Glennie, Rush, and Sarah are collectively ROTFLMamaO's brain... ;-)

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 10:46:02 AM PST
harmonious1 says:
Let's hope Karl Rove never becomes his brain, that could actually make him dangerous.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2010 5:02:05 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 17, 2011 12:05:21 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Going Rogue: An American Life
Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin (Hardcover - November 17, 2009)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (1,505)