5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, Sturdy Military/Industrial/Apocalyptic hi-tops
I bought a pair new through Ebay from a store that had lost the original box, so I saved QUITE a bit over what is listed here. ($35+$7shipping versus $50-$80+ here)
These are GREAT shoes, but not $90+ shoes in my opinion. $50-$60 tops. Shop around!

Published 10 months ago by C. Travis Pitts

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good Quality but the 11 size seems to be too small
The quality is very good , the free shipping was fast but the 11 size seems to be too small comparing to other brands 11 size...
Published 8 months ago by Ori Lubin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, Sturdy Military/Industrial/Apocalyptic hi-tops, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Palladium Men's Pallabrouse Boot (Apparel)

My pair were new and unworn, but came with more distress/fade to the black color. I believe that wash was called 'steel'.
The canvas is thick but soft. Rigid where it needs to be, at the seams and structure points- but still soft enough to quickly mold itself to your foot and movement. The laces are thick, soft and strong. No discomfort or painful break-in period- great from day one, when I spent ten hours on my feet, walking, standing, squatting and kneeling on the toes. The interior looks to have a slip of foam padding inserted under heel and arch of the bottom, with the same quality of inserts that I have bought to use in other shoes- but these are built in! Ample along the edges, this foam also helps the canvas keep shape where the canvas exterior meets the sole- none of that uncomfortable Converse canvas sag or slip where your foot does not conform to the rigid edge inside the shoe- these are actually made for feet.

The sole is molded very well to the shoe, and I feel it will not separate from the canvas like cheaper canvas shoes with rubber soles. (or at least not for a long time!) You can see and feel that quality, but it is hard to explain or quantify- the two materials work together instead of fighting each other. The rubber is molded down the middle, becoming one solid piece, so you will not have toe guards or labels peeling off like with Converse, etc.

If you ever liked the look of All Stars or military Jungle boots, these take elements of both but actually make them comfortable and stylish. You should seriously graduate to a pair of these, they are a great example of form and function and worth the extra dough.
I figured they would be very subtle and go unnoticed, but I got tons of compliments on them already.

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who need to give their Chuck Taylor shoes a rest, January 31, 2014
I was a little hesitant to buy these shoes at first, but I'm sure glad I went ahead and ordered them. I just relocated to the Northeast and my shoe options with all the snow became very limited. As an extremely pleased owner of several pairs of Low Top Chuck Taylor shoes, I wanted something with a little more weather protection and these seemed like a good option.

I'm not a flashy guy or a trend setter. I like my shoe options to be stylish, but not draw attention. I was definitely a little concerned that the height of the rubber sole treads would be a little too much. Once they arrived those doubts were immediately put to rest. The weathered look also makes the "my shoes look too new" experience a thing of the past. They were extremely comfortable to walk in and I see this being in my rotation a lot of days throughout the week.

The only issue I encountered involved trying to put them on while wearing a heavy pair of socks. It didn't work, but that's not really a problem for me because I prefer to wear my canvas shoes sockless most of time. I'm also certain any pair of socks of normal thickness wouldn't cause any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd pair, October 21, 2013
TK (Salt Lake City, Utah, US) - See all my reviews
Great boots, excellent quality, I really enjoy how they make their boots. With that said, the color is a bit off from the picture, and it is not as distressed as it seems on the picture. But the fit and quality is excellent, my 3rd pair now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Picture may very, March 6, 2012
They are very comfortable and well made. Time will tell how durable they are over the long haul. My one complaint is they are not as distressed as the photo. I almost thought I received the wrong product. Otherwise it's nice to have boots that are not leather that are comfortable and stylish.

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Chuck Taylors for me!!!, November 16, 2014
I've been wearing these shoes for a few months now and are just as comfortable, durable and presentable as the day i got them. They went with me to Europe on a walking tour and i was in them all day without any foot fatigue or discomfort.
The one piece sole is great, partnered with the removable insole makes it a comfortable boot to wear. The sole makes it better than Chuck Taylor's as it does not leak on wet surfaces, has better arch and heel support. These were made for soldiers to wear - so they were made to be comfortable on long marches.
Palladium boots run small, so order a 1/2 size larger to get a better fit. I have bought 3 pairs and rotate them. I do get compliments on on the boots. They are BOOTS made of canvas - not runners/ boot combo, but thats really a small point.
I would recommend these to anyone looking for comfortable footwear.

4.0 out of 5 stars great boots, June 21, 2014
a good pair of boots, somewhat comfortable and look decent, a little bulky for my taste but great boots still

2.0 out of 5 stars I have Palladium boots in 11.5 size. It's my size. This 11.5 absolutely smal., June 15, 2014
I have Palladium boots in 11.5 size. It's my size. This 11.5 absolutely small. Buy 3 pair, one will fit you...

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good Quality but the 11 size seems to be too small, April 9, 2014
Ori Lubin "oril" (Petach Tikva Israel) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, March 27, 2014
These shoes look just like they do in the pics and they are very comfortable, whether laced up part way or all the way (but lacing them up all the way makes the on/off process difficult).

5.0 out of 5 stars Second pair., March 25, 2014
Quality boot at an excellent price. It is my second pair and can't look around or I'll get my third.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›