- Size (LWH): 2.2 inches, 4.4 inches, 0.43 inches
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Palm Pixi features a sleek bar style design. Some of the main features on the smartphone are GPS, polyphonic ringtones, Bluetooth compatibility, USB port, touch screen, email access, MMS and SMS text messaging, MP3 player, and a 2 megapixel camera. The Pixi operates on Palm's WebOS platform, has great multimedia features, excellent sound quality, and QWERTY keyboard for an enhanced typing experience.
The Palm Pixi features the Palm webOS platform, a strikingly thin design, touchscreen-enabled display, and visible full QWERTY keyboard.
- Linked contacts -- A single view that links contacts from a variety of sources, so accessing them is easier than ever.
- Layered calendars -- Calendars can be seen on their own or layered together in a single view, combining work, family, friends, sports teams or other interests, and the user can toggle to look at one calendar at a time, or see them all at a glance.
- Combined messaging -- See all the conversations with the same person in a chat-style view, including MMS, even if it started in IM and switched to reply with text messaging. The user can also see who's active in a buddy list right from contacts or e-mail, and start a new conversation with just one touch.
The phone's full QWERTY keyboard puts it all at your fingertips, and the multi-touch screen lets you move back and forth between open applications using natural gestures. The unique removable back cover is rubberized, making it scratch-resistant, slip-resistant and durable.
You'll enjoy GPS navigation capabilities for accessing the optional Sprint Navigation turn-by-turn direction service as well as access to Sprint TV's video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound. Other features include 8 GB of internal memory, 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, digital audio player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 5 hours of talk time.
Organize your work and social life by integrating calendars, contacts, instant messaging and social network sites.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV–DO, Rev A network
- Palm's webOS platform lets you manage multiple applications at a time, unlike any other mobile platform today. It lets you keep multiple activities open and instantly flip from one to another using card view.
- Linked contacts: With Palm Synergy, you maintain a single view by linking your contacts from a variety of sources, so accessing them is easier than ever. For example, if you have the same contact listed in your Outlook, Google and Facebook accounts, Synergy recognizes that they're the same person and links the information together, presenting it to you as one listing.
- Layered calendars: Palm Synergy lets you see your calendars can be seen on their own or layered together in a single view--combining work, family, friends, sports teams, or other interests. You can toggle to look at one calendar at a time, or see them all at a glance.
- Combined messaging: See all your conversations with the same person in a chat-style view, even if it started in IM and you want to reply with a text message. You can also see who's active in a buddy list right from contacts, and start a new conversation with just one touch.
- Combined e-mail: Check your Outlook e-mail with Microsoft Direct Push Technology and HTML support. Get wireless e-mail access to popular commercial POP3 and IMAP accounts like AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo! All your e-mail accounts can be viewed together, or separately from one simple application. Synergy even lets you see IM presence directly from an e-mail.
- Universal search: Simply start typing to begin searching your contacts, applications, Google, Google Maps, Wikipedia and Twitter. Universal search narrows down the possible results as you type, so it's easier to find what you need.
The Palm webOS offers the ability to keep multiple applications open at once with "activity cards," so you can do more than one thing without losing your place.
Palm Pixi has the ability to pull in your online calendars from places like Facebook, Google and Office Outlook and layer them into one view of your whole day.
Each person's contact information is pulled in from places like Facebook, Google, Microsoft Office Outlook, and LinkedIn, and combined under one entry.
- Unobtrusive notifications: When important things come up or new updates arrive, you'll receive notifications at the bottom of your screen. You will know what is going on without being completely interrupted or losing your train of thought.
- GPS for built-in location: Find things to do and people around you, right from where you're standing--like a nearby place for dinner after a late client meeting, or the closest bar where you can meet up with friends. You can even look up an address for a contact or from a calendar event, and map the location simply by tapping it. The Palm Pixi includes the Google Maps application on the phone, and it's also compatible with Sprint Navigation for turn-by-turn directions, and points of interest searches.
- 2.63-inch multi-touch screen with a vibrant 18-bit color 320 x 400 resolution TFT display. Gesture area enables simple, intuitive gestures for navigation.
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor: An accelerometer automatically orients web pages and photos to your perspective so you can view them in landscape or portrait mode. Watch videos in landscape mode as well. The proximity sensor automatically disables the touch screen and turns off the display whenever you put the phone up to your ear.
- Exposed QWERTY keyboard for fast messaging
- 2-megapixel camera with a flash and extended depth of field technology. Other features include auto exposure, auto white balance, and geotagging capabilities.
- 8 GB internal memory (non-expandable) with approximately 7 GB user available memory. Palm Pixi also works as a USB drive when plugged into a PC. You can simply drag and drop your PC media and documents onto the device.
- Amazon MP3 Store enables you to download stereo-quality non-DRM protected tracks instantly to your wireless phone.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Incredibly fast web browser brings you full websites the way they were meant to be seen
- Voice dialing capabilities
- Organizer tools including calendar, notes, voice memo, tasks, calculator
- Ringer switch easily silences the device with one touch
- Browse the App Catalog from your phone and download apps right over the air. Choose from a variety of titles designed for Palm webOS, many of which work together with other apps on the phone. Find apps like OpenTable, Yelp, or WHERE, just to name a few... and new ones are being added all the time.
- Palm Services automatically backs up your phone so you have a copy of your important data. You can also remotely erase your data if your phone is lost or stolen. And you get software updates that make it easy to stay up to date with the latest enhancements.
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Wireless charging: While Palm Pixi comes with a charger included in the box, Palm's optional Touchstone charging dock can recharge the Pixi's batteries without connecting any cords to it. The first inductive charging solution for phones, the Palm Touchstone, along with the Touchstone compatible back cover (both sold separately), allows Palm Pixi to be set on top of the dock without worrying about connection, orientation or fit. The device remains active while charging, allowing access to the touch screen, movies or video, or the speakerphone option.
The Palm Pixi weighs 3.26 ounces and measures 4.37 x 2.17 x 0.43 inches. Its 1150 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time, and up to 350 hours of standby time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Palm Pixi handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual
- Broadband-like 3G network: Supporting the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- GPS capable with Sprint Navigation: This GPS-enabled phone provides optional access to Sprint Navigation for driving directions on your mobile phone--by voice and onscreen. Along the way, turn-by-turn directions will be announced in a clear voice and displayed on your phone. For example, Sprint Navigation will say, "Go 1.2 miles and turn right on Elm Street." As you approach the turn, you will hear, "Turn right on Elm Street." Sprint Navigation also provides proactive traffic alerts with one click re-routing. And it's easy to find restaurants, banks, cafes, hotels and more from over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.
- Sprint TV enabled: With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN, The Discovery Channel, and more.
- Stay Sporty with Sprint: With NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, instantly connect to the NASCAR information you want, when you want it. Follow NASCAR action from practice to race day with real-time leaderboard and alerts. Get exclusive access to your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with real-time driver stats, breaking news and more. Live in-car audio, race radio, NASCAR on SPEED and other audio/video only available on select phones. Visit sprint.com/speed for details.
To access, just text "NASCAR" to 7777 on your Sprint phone or visit the Sprint Digital Lounge to download NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
This phone also provides access to Sprint Football Live--free for any phone with a data plan. You'll be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games, as well as stay on top of the pro football draft with a Live Draft Tracker and in-depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects. Access by texting "FOOTBALL" to 7777 on the handset to download Sprint Football Live from Sprint Digital Lounge (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
Top Customer Reviews
I will break down this review into the pros and cons of the Palm Pixi. Please note that this review is comparing the phone to all other phones, not a comparison between the Pre. This is for people who want to know how the phone is as a phone.
*Thin, sleek candy bar design.
-The phone has an excellent look and feel to it. It is light yet still feels strong and durable. Plus the back is rubberized giving it great grip in your hand or anywhere you place it.
-Multitasking, applications, synchronization with all your accounts, WebOS offers many features that make you question how you ever survived without it. The two really great features of WebOS, multitasking and synchronization, should be enough incentive alone to purchase this phone. Being able to check my email, open a link from said email into a new tab, proceed to shop on the web, then switch over to my messaging window and chat with someone while listening to music is simply stunning. Plus having my contacts list automatically update with my Gmail and Facebook contacts is a huge help. I could go on and on but I wont. WebOS is it, the future of mobile phone operating systems.
-This is just a personal preference but I love qwerty keyboards. That being said some qwerty boards are less than desirable. This keyboard may seem small but I have found very little issue using it. The buttons are raised at the perfect height, giving you nice separation between the phone itself and the keys. They also have a comfortable feel to them, providing a very satisfying click when pressed. Nice layout and design and definitely deserves kudos.Read more ›
I ordered the phone through one-day shipping so it got here fast and came in a legit sprint phone box that looks fresh out of a sprint store. Everything that Sprint would give you with the phone, was included in this package. The phone also didn't cost that much either. With over-night shipping included, it only came to $60. For this phone and this shipping quality, that's a bargain.
I expected the Pixi to be slower than the Pre. It isn't. For some things it is faster. Word Whirl on both devices feels exactly the same. This is an extremely light and small smart phone. It feels great in the hand and the keyboard is one of the better I've used in the past years.
While I now own both, I will primarily use my Pre for two reasons: Camera and WiFi. The Camera on the Pixi is better than Centro and about equal to many cell phones. The resolution difference (2 vs 3 MP) doesn't mean anything to me. The issue is with the light sensitivity of the sensor. The Pre is much better. Since my home location is right on the border of good Sprint data, WiFi is a requirement.
If I was always in a good data coverage, I would be hard pressed to not choose the Pixi over the Pre. It is a cool phone. You won't get more functionality for under $30.
+Form Factor: I got this phone because it is one of the smallest thinnest smartphones I have seen. I like to keep my phone in my front pocket and the lighter the better. After using it for 3 months the size is still great although I wish it actually was slightly taller to accommodate slightly bigger screen. I chose the Pixi over Pre mainly because I didn't want a slider (hassle to slide in/out and also durability concerns). I also like a physical keyboard and the Pixi keyboard is awesome (even for my fat fingers).
+WebOS potential: I see alot of potential in this software. Easy to use, fun to use. Nice to run multiple apps. Of course we are still in early release versions for WebOS and there are some things that need to be improved so I expect to see that over time.
-Screen Size: Could actually be a bit bigger for internet experience even though I am partial to small phones.
-WebOS Current Reality: This is still an early generation of WebOS and that means living with growing pains. Palm has been issuing software updates which are good but some of the updates have reduced my battery life and also slowed down my phone. Sometimes there are noticeable lags when using the phone features (ie, 5-10 seconds to open up an application, etc).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I ordered it last Wednesday, told me I would get it from 1-2 business days, so I figured by Monday, nope. I got it today, Friday May 16. "Like New" is CRAP! Read morePublished 21 months ago by Sarah
A cheap and easy. Everything worked awesomly! A good buy for a decent pproduct! Need one? Buy this! Worth itPublished 22 months ago by Amazon Customer
Had lots of issues installing applications. The online fix was too complex and even the Sprint tech said these are a pain to work with. Read morePublished on November 15, 2013 by MICHAEL L DEMOCK
If you looking for a basic phone that connect to the internet, this is it. It does the job stated and will perform as disctibed.Published on November 5, 2013 by Wit2rs
i bout the phone off amazon last week and got my battery this week but someone left a code on the phone so i can use it because soon as it cuts on i have to enter a pin and i dont... Read morePublished on October 24, 2013 by Jordan