The Palm Pixi features a sleek bar style design. Some of the main features on the smartphone are GPS, polyphonic ringtones, Bluetooth compatibility, USB port, touch screen, email access, MMS and SMS text messaging, MP3 player, and a 2 megapixel camera. The Pixi operates on Palm's WebOS platform, has great multimedia features, excellent sound quality, and QWERTY keyboard for an enhanced typing experience.
The thinnest Palm mobile phone yet, the Palm Pixi for Sprint is a smartphone that's designed to be easy to use and light in your pocket. In addition to high-speed connectivity via Sprint's dependable 3G network (EVDO Rev. A.), a vibrantly colorful touchscreen and full QWERTY keyboard, the Pixi features the instinctively useable Palm webOS platform. With Palm webOS, you can keep multiple activities open and move easily between them--like flipping through a deck of cards, using natural gestures. This allows for easy movement between messaging and e-mail or searching the Web while listening to music, and items are rearranged simply by dragging them.
The Palm Pixi features the Palm webOS platform, a strikingly thin design, touchscreen-enabled display, and visible full QWERTY keyboard.
Palm webOS brings together the most important information from your phone, at work or on the Web, into one logical view. In addition to linking information from Google, Facebook, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and LinkedIn, Palm Pixi adds Yahoo! integration to Palm Synergy, which offers:
- Linked contacts -- A single view that links contacts from a variety of sources, so accessing them is easier than ever.
- Layered calendars -- Calendars can be seen on their own or layered together in a single view, combining work, family, friends, sports teams or other interests, and the user can toggle to look at one calendar at a time, or see them all at a glance.
- Combined messaging -- See all the conversations with the same person in a chat-style view, including MMS, even if it started in IM and switched to reply with text messaging. The user can also see who's active in a buddy list right from contacts or e-mail, and start a new conversation with just one touch.
And a new Facebook application is available with Palm Pixi, enabling you to see and comment on all the latest news from friends and easily update their status.
The phone's full QWERTY keyboard puts it all at your fingertips, and the multi-touch screen lets you move back and forth between open applications using natural gestures. The unique removable back cover is rubberized, making it scratch-resistant, slip-resistant and durable.
You'll enjoy GPS navigation capabilities for accessing the optional Sprint Navigation turn-by-turn direction service as well as access to Sprint TV's video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound. Other features include 8 GB of internal memory, 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, digital audio player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 5 hours of talk time.
Organize your work and social life by integrating calendars, contacts, instant messaging and social network sites.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV–DO, Rev A network
- Palm's webOS platform lets you manage multiple applications at a time, unlike any other mobile platform today. It lets you keep multiple activities open and instantly flip from one to another using card view.
- Linked contacts: With Palm Synergy, you maintain a single view by linking your contacts from a variety of sources, so accessing them is easier than ever. For example, if you have the same contact listed in your Outlook, Google and Facebook accounts, Synergy recognizes that they're the same person and links the information together, presenting it to you as one listing.
- Layered calendars: Palm Synergy lets you see your calendars can be seen on their own or layered together in a single view--combining work, family, friends, sports teams, or other interests. You can toggle to look at one calendar at a time, or see them all at a glance.
- Combined messaging: See all your conversations with the same person in a chat-style view, even if it started in IM and you want to reply with a text message. You can also see who's active in a buddy list right from contacts, and start a new conversation with just one touch.
- Combined e-mail: Check your Outlook e-mail with Microsoft Direct Push Technology and HTML support. Get wireless e-mail access to popular commercial POP3 and IMAP accounts like AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo! All your e-mail accounts can be viewed together, or separately from one simple application. Synergy even lets you see IM presence directly from an e-mail.
- Universal search: Simply start typing to begin searching your contacts, applications, Google, Google Maps, Wikipedia and Twitter. Universal search narrows down the possible results as you type, so it's easier to find what you need.
The Palm webOS offers the ability to keep multiple applications open at once with "activity cards," so you can do more than one thing without losing your place.
Palm Pixi has the ability to pull in your online calendars from places like Facebook, Google and Office Outlook and layer them into one view of your whole day.
Each person's contact information is pulled in from places like Facebook, Google, Microsoft Office Outlook, and LinkedIn, and combined under one entry.
- Unobtrusive notifications: When important things come up or new updates arrive, you'll receive notifications at the bottom of your screen. You will know what is going on without being completely interrupted or losing your train of thought.
- GPS for built-in location: Find things to do and people around you, right from where you're standing--like a nearby place for dinner after a late client meeting, or the closest bar where you can meet up with friends. You can even look up an address for a contact or from a calendar event, and map the location simply by tapping it. The Palm Pixi includes the Google Maps application on the phone, and it's also compatible with Sprint Navigation for turn-by-turn directions, and points of interest searches.
- 2.63-inch multi-touch screen with a vibrant 18-bit color 320 x 400 resolution TFT display. Gesture area enables simple, intuitive gestures for navigation.
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor: An accelerometer automatically orients web pages and photos to your perspective so you can view them in landscape or portrait mode. Watch videos in landscape mode as well. The proximity sensor automatically disables the touch screen and turns off the display whenever you put the phone up to your ear.
- Exposed QWERTY keyboard for fast messaging
- 2-megapixel camera with a flash and extended depth of field technology. Other features include auto exposure, auto white balance, and geotagging capabilities.
- 8 GB internal memory (non-expandable) with approximately 7 GB user available memory. Palm Pixi also works as a USB drive when plugged into a PC. You can simply drag and drop your PC media and documents onto the device.
- Amazon MP3 Store enables you to download stereo-quality non-DRM protected tracks instantly to your wireless phone.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Incredibly fast web browser brings you full websites the way they were meant to be seen
- Voice dialing capabilities
- Organizer tools including calendar, notes, voice memo, tasks, calculator
- Ringer switch easily silences the device with one touch
- Browse the App Catalog from your phone and download apps right over the air. Choose from a variety of titles designed for Palm webOS, many of which work together with other apps on the phone. Find apps like OpenTable, Yelp, or WHERE, just to name a few... and new ones are being added all the time.
- Palm Services automatically backs up your phone so you have a copy of your important data. You can also remotely erase your data if your phone is lost or stolen. And you get software updates that make it easy to stay up to date with the latest enhancements.
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Wireless charging: While Palm Pixi comes with a charger included in the box, Palm's optional Touchstone charging dock can recharge the Pixi's batteries without connecting any cords to it. The first inductive charging solution for phones, the Palm Touchstone, along with the Touchstone compatible back cover (both sold separately), allows Palm Pixi to be set on top of the dock without worrying about connection, orientation or fit. The device remains active while charging, allowing access to the touch screen, movies or video, or the speakerphone option.
The Palm Pixi weighs 3.26 ounces and measures 4.37 x 2.17 x 0.43 inches. Its 1150 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time, and up to 350 hours of standby time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Palm Pixi handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual
- Broadband-like 3G network: Supporting the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- GPS capable with Sprint Navigation: This GPS-enabled phone provides optional access to Sprint Navigation for driving directions on your mobile phone--by voice and onscreen. Along the way, turn-by-turn directions will be announced in a clear voice and displayed on your phone. For example, Sprint Navigation will say, "Go 1.2 miles and turn right on Elm Street." As you approach the turn, you will hear, "Turn right on Elm Street." Sprint Navigation also provides proactive traffic alerts with one click re-routing. And it's easy to find restaurants, banks, cafes, hotels and more from over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.
- Sprint TV enabled: With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN, The Discovery Channel, and more.
- Stay Sporty with Sprint: With NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, instantly connect to the NASCAR information you want, when you want it. Follow NASCAR action from practice to race day with real-time leaderboard and alerts. Get exclusive access to your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with real-time driver stats, breaking news and more. Live in-car audio, race radio, NASCAR on SPEED and other audio/video only available on select phones. Visit sprint.com/speed for details.
To access, just text "NASCAR" to 7777 on your Sprint phone or visit the Sprint Digital Lounge to download NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
This phone also provides access to Sprint Football Live--free for any phone with a data plan. You'll be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games, as well as stay on top of the pro football draft with a Live Draft Tracker and in-depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects. Access by texting "FOOTBALL" to 7777 on the handset to download Sprint Football Live from Sprint Digital Lounge (standard text messaging and data rates apply).