5.0 out of 5 stars More than just hair.
Published on September 23, 2011 by SkiSweetly

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad smell
I didn't see anywhere in the product description that this product is intended for African Americans. I only saw that in a customer review just now. Well, I am not an African American. But regardless of that, the product has an extremely strong and artificial-smelling fragrance, which I personally cannot tolerate. The day I received the product, I needed to fly away for...
Published 17 months ago by Eddie Chang

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just hair., September 23, 2011
This review is from: Palmers Olive Oil Formula Gro Therapy (Health and Beauty)
So, first a disclaimer... this product is intended as a regrow lotion for African American hair, which, as a fair-skinned brunette, I do not have. I purchased this product initially because I could not find the "old-school" VO5 hair dressing in the tube. I have very long hair, and I add a tiny bit of "grease" to the ends to keep it healthy. I am NOT disappointed. This stuff smells much better, is smoother, goes further, and soaks in very quickly. If just using my tub (not the 25% bonus) on my hair it would last several years.
My tub lasted 6 months. I use it on everything. It's the BEST moisturizer I've ever found. This is essentially olive oil, vitamin E, and aloe. All amazing for your skin. I even stopped using my $80 kinerase eye cream because this moisturizes so effectively that i no longer need it to "hide" the little lines around my eyes. I use it on my elbows, on my lips before bed, to soothe skin and protect it after waxing...i've even used it to keep a cold sore from cracking.
Its amazing. For whatever you use it for. Including your hair.

oh, and as to the growth claim? After using it as an eye cream I've had to up my tweezing/trimming to a weekly chore... i used to get away with once a month. So yeah, it helps your hair grow, too ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., January 22, 2012
This review is from: Palmers Olive Oil Formula Gro Therapy (Health and Beauty)
I love this product. I have dry scalp due to winter weather and this product takes away my scalp itch. I made the mistake of using a lot the first day and it was very hard to wash off. lol. Now I learn my lesson and a little bit goes a long way. My hair feels soft and is growing. I try other brands from Beauty Salons to Avon none of them work. I was amazed with palmers results.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS PRODUCT, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Palmers Olive Oil Formula Gro Therapy (Health and Beauty)
This stuff is great!!! I use it on my daughter's hair, she is mixed with african-american & has very beautiful curly thick hair. This stuff conditions it, makes it very manageable, & makes it easy for me to style her hair!!! Not to mention it has a nice light scent!!! Not quite sure if it makes her hair grow yet but either way i love this and will continue to buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, June 27, 2014
This review is from: Palmers Olive Oil Formula Gro Therapy (Health and Beauty)
I have been using this product, so when I saw the price on Amazon, I was more than happy to purchase it. My hair needed this product, have thinning hair but using this product, my hair seems thicker and not dry and limp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - a tiny bit goes a long way, January 2, 2015
This review is from: Palmers Olive Oil Formula Gro Therapy (Health and Beauty)
Great product - a tiny bit goes a long way. I use it 2 nights per week before wash day. I let it soak in over night and then shampoo with DevaCurl the next morning on my 2 wash days per week. Use very sparingly...do not slap a whole bunch on your scalp. I concentrate on my temples, nape, and crown for the most part and it soaks in by morning when I can gently wash with my DevaCurl lo-poo. It's great...I'm even seeing new hair sprout where I was thin before. This is likely a combo of mild ingredients, light use, and scalp stimulation. One tub should probably last me about 4 or 5 months. ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars New User Review, September 30, 2014
This review is from: Palmers Olive Oil Formula Gro Therapy (Health and Beauty)
OK first I wanna brag how I got my jar of for therapy for $1.65 at my neighborhood family dollar store.. that automatically made this a wonderful blend for me.. besides the olive oil keratin soy protein sage and hyssop. I'm am a fan of Palmers having extremely dry skin.. I had mid back length hair thin but the grade and texture of Latin ethnicity. Curly with some frizz around my hairline. I'm very picky about my hair and do not use grease or creams. I also don't use shampoo. And simply rinse my hair and scalp 2-3/WK with a high end conditioner.. so I was Leary of this product. I'd call grease. But used sparingly with the fingertips gave my hair a nice shine and softness I'm feeling less itching on my scalp and I'm looking forward to see what happens with growth my hair grows pretty fast already..

5.0 out of 5 stars Works wonderful, August 22, 2014
This review is from: Palmers Olive Oil Formula Gro Therapy (Health and Beauty)
This olive oil formula growth works great i didn't purchase this on Amazon I brought it from my local family dollars for $5.00 makes my hair so soft with sheen took away the dryness in my hair and made it very moist I'm natural and my hair is pretty long so I would recommend it to everyone dryness=Softness

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this product., May 22, 2013
Lockness (Mpls, MN, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Palmers Olive Oil Formula Gro Therapy (Health and Beauty)
It is one of the only oils that my scalp will tolerate. It's not too greasy yet moisturizes very well. I have tried many other products and couldn't stand the smell or texture of them. This one is great and I hope it never goes away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Palmers Olive Oil Formula Gro Therapy (Health and Beauty)
This product took about two weeks to arrive. Product was great. It comes actually the way it is displayed on the site. I was very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Softened my fried hair, October 16, 2013
This review is from: Palmers Olive Oil Formula Gro Therapy (Health and Beauty)
I have hair to my waist and am naturally a dark blond. Long story short an inexperienced stylist fried my hair by using a 30 volume bleach for highlights when my hair only requires a 10 volume since it's naturally light and easy to lift. My hair was left feeling remarkably similar to straw and I was so disappointed. I don't believe in having long hair if it looks terrible, simply to have it longj and thought I'd have to cut it. vMy mom came to visit and brought me a little 1.1 oz mini tub of Palmer's Gro Therapy and I put it from root to tip that very night. I only put heavy products such as coconut oil, olive oil, or Gro Therapy on the night before I wash my hair, put it in two braids, and let the product sink in. I wash my hair once or twice per week.

After washing my hair the next day it was noticeably softer. Not instantly fixed, but soft. It would take my hair a month or more to start feeling like hair again (not straw) but I credit Gro Therapy and Extreme Cat Protein Treatment Unisex Treatment by Redken, 5 Ouncefor saving it. I thank my Mom for giving this to me because I'd never even heard of it before.

I don't like the smell, it's quite strong, but that's such a small factor to me that it would not prevent me from purchasing it for myself in the future.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Palmers Olive Oil Formula Gro Therapy
$7.23
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.