5.0 out of 5 stars the best gluten-free baking mix I have found
Published on January 14, 2008 by J. Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of other allergens
I've always enjoyed using Pamela's baking products for my gluten-intolerant grandchildren. However, I won't get to try this one because it contains both dairy and tree nuts, which was not revealed in the item description, and to which our kids are also allergic. This is not an item that can be returned, but I donated my three bags to another family with celiac but no...
Published on January 16, 2009 by J. Silva

5.0 out of 5 stars the best gluten-free baking mix I have found, January 14, 2008
This review is from: Pamela's Ultimate Baking and Pancake Mix, 4-Pound Bags (Pack of 3) (Grocery)
My daughter has celiac (a complete inability to eat any wheat, rye, barley, and in her case oatmeal, or any of their starches or glutens). Pamela's baking and pancake mix is a real heaven-sent product. It tastes good! Unlike some other baking mixes I have tried. It is easy to alter "normal" recipes using Pamela's mix to have great tasting baked products. The bag has good recipes and Pamela's products website has additional ones. I would recommend this product to anyone, especially those who don't want to take the time to mix their own grains or want to keep it on hand for when celiac family or friends come to visit and you would like to provide a delicious, easy to make treat.

I should also add - Pamela's also offers bread, cake (chocolate and vanilla), brownie, and cookie mixes that are very good. I usually just alter the baking mix to make these baked goods, but I keep a chocolate cake mix on hand for a fast, easy cake. We used the chocolate cake mix for my daughter's wedding cake. No on knew it was gluten-free.

Here is Pamela's website - http://pamelasproducts.com. You will want to check out the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our family's favorites, August 30, 2012
As big pancake fans, our family has tried just about every gluten-free pancake mix out there. Pamela's is one of the best! Two members of our family have celiac disease and three of us don't, but we all love this mix for our tradition of Saturday morning pancakes. Aside from Bisquick, the only gluten-free pancake mix we like even better is: Nuffins Gluten Free Pancake Mix - Case of 6 It's not always available on Amazon, but when it is we try to stock up. Nuffins is definitely worth trying! Their other products are great too. Otherwise the choice for our family is Pamela's or Bisquick.

Another "pro" is the price. Just under $4.00/lb it definitely beats $5.00+ per pound for GF Bisquick. Still, gluten-filled Krusteaz is like $1.50/lb. Someday maybe gluten-free mixes will get cheaper? One can only hope.

If you think gluten-free products need to be LESS EXPENSIVE, mark this review as helpful! Maybe manufacturers will take notice and start lowering prices.

5.0 out of 5 stars TRY PIZZA CRUST USING THIS MIX - WONDERFUL!, January 16, 2008
Pamela's Ultimate Baking and Pancake Mix is wonderful. Haveing been gluten free for 27 years and not being able to find products that were good tasting I gave up and went without until my daughter discovered this mix last year. It makes the best pizza crust - so good my husband does not eat boughten pizza and prefers mine made from the Pamela's mix. Check out their site for other great recipies. I have tried the sugar cookies, peanutbutter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, banana nutbread, pizza and biscuits. Now I am going to give their bread mix a try. Hope that is as tasty! The price of the mix through Amazon.com is great too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mix!, August 4, 2008
I have been using Pam's mix for 5 years now. Love it for muffins and cookies. My husband who does not avoid wheat likes these choc. chip cookies better than wheat ones. Pancakes come out alittle flat, but I use seltzer water and they fluff right up!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best pancake mix ever!, November 6, 2007
This is the best pancake mix I have ever tried. Whether you NEED gluten-free mix or not, it make excellent pancakes! I have tried several other brands, and Pamelas stand above all others, IMHO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pancake and cookie mix...., June 16, 2008
you'll never go back to wheat flour for pancakes and cookies after using this! I saw another review saying the pancakes were tasteless...I don't understand, as my entire family, gluten-eaters as well, now prefer this to regular home-made pancakes. The recipe calls for water, but I use rice milk or almond milk, or whatever milk I have available - sometimes half water and half milk, and they are superb!
The chocolate chip cookies recipe....oh my goodness. These are so yummy! We made these to take a party and everyone was raving about them before they even knew they were gluten free! They turned out perfectly - soft and chewy with a great texture. YUM!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Gluten Free Baking Mix, April 26, 2008
Catherine C. Soverino (nantucket, ma United States) - See all my reviews
We use this product for everything, pancakes, waffles, onion rings, quick breads, etc., and every single thing has been delicious. Tastes like the closest to the real thing. Even our 15 year old celiac son agrees!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best gluten free flour I have found, October 30, 2007
This is the only gluten free flour I have found that works just as well as regular flour. I have made pie crusts, cookies, zucchini bread, pancakes--you name it I use my original recipes and substitue the flour with this product. I only use 1/2 the amount of baking soda and powder because it already has some in it. We only have 1 of 3 children that needs gluten free and the others dont notice when I give them this.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best out there, June 1, 2008
This product is the best I have found yet. It is so universal you can use it as breading for fish or chicken and make all kinds of breads with it. My kids like the pancakes this mix makes better than homemade.

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious, April 17, 2008
my wife has Celiac DZ, not me. this is the only GF stuff I can stand. i actually prefer it to regular pancakes. we also use it for other stuff too. it is pricey, especially vs. regular flour, but with amazon and the 15% off for regular shipments, it's a little more affordable. don't forget trader joes pasta--the cheapest and the best!

Pamela's Ultimate Baking and Pancake Mix, 4-Pound Bags (Pack of 3)
$52.00 $42.93