Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on October 26, 2012
Amazon modified my subscribe and save "Pampers ThickCare Touch of Chamomile Wipes Refill, 7x Box 504 Count" to this. I was willing to give this a try, now that they arrived I am not too happy.

The tub DOES NOT seal at all. It is very cheaply made (dollar store quality, what is this)? At first I thought it was broken, but nothing seems to be wrong with it upon closer examination.

The wipes are soapy! Makes it difficult to wipe with, as they are quite slippery compared to my old wipes. The after-feeling is sticky, not sure what my son makes of it. Since I run to wash my hands after every diaper change there is no issue, but if you were to wipe your hands outdoors or anything else with these; I am sure the after feeling wont be pleasant.

The worst part about these wipes is when I wanted to put one of the refills in another room in the house. The singular plastic packets do not have an "easy-dispensing" opening at all. Which means you can't travel with these or use them at all; unless you have a tub.

I made the math and it looks like the both "thick care touch of chamomile" and "softcare baby fresh" wipes come to about 2.6 cents per piece (the old subscribe-and-save price I was playing). When it comes to price not much has changed.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Addendum to below: Amazon notified customers of a Subscribe and Save change before the modified the new product price. I've been told the new price includes the 20% discount but the product page does not yet reflect that and still shows a shipping charge. Nonetheless, I stand by Amazon and this is a good product.

Original post:

I have been a subscribe and save customer of this product for four years (down to the last two grandbabies). Although I was not surprised to see the "You've been converted" email, this is the first one that switched a 20% discounted item for one that was not.

I suggest switching to either Pampers Softcare Baby Fresh Wipes 7x box, 504 count for $11.71 or Pampers Sensitive Wipes, 64 count (768 wipes) for $19.19 (after the 20% discount).
33 comments15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2014
It's not the first time we buy them. I've tried those without scent, but I like these more- they have a pleasant scent - classic. The baby smells a baby. Love it))
review image review image review image review image
on January 12, 2013
I recently utilized the subscribe and save option to get the pampers wipes. Unfortunately, they are thin, soapy, and leave a slick feeling on the baby's rump. The wipes are slippery and it is difficult to wipe with them. After some struggling I have cancelled my subscription and ordered the Huggies natural care wipes. Same price, but the wipes are noticeably thicker, not slippery, and pickup very well. I have no affiliation to either company, I just can't believe that pampers is making such terrible wipes!
0Comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2012
I love the softest of this wipes that i am sure that the delicate skin of my newborn is totally taken care off. And the fresh smell is a plus. I definitely will recommend it to my friends. Kudos!
VINE VOICEon May 27, 2014
Have bought these for years. The scent is nice but not too strong. The material is soft and gentle on the skin but strong enough that you won't put your fingers through it. Good for babies, kids and adults. These wipes contain no alcohol which is rather nice.

Do note they are not flushable and not safe for septic systems.
on January 11, 2013
I love these wipes because they don't give my son a diaper rash. The scented wipes seem to irritate his bottom. I also prefer these from the sensitive wipes because they don't dry out as often.
I have tried the Huggies Natural Care wipes for my two year old and 1 month old, but they were terrible. They were basically like wet paper towels and would not easily slide on my children's skin to clean them off. The only plus side is there was no alcohol. Pampers wipes glide so smooth on my children's skin and have a nice smell. The only problem with these is if your little one has a nasty diaper rash, it will burn them really bad because of the alcohol/chemical ins them. We keep some of the natural wipes that have no perfumes or alcohol in them on hand for those cases.
on August 13, 2013
Not too thick and pull out of their container nicely. No smell (a positive for us) and never caused a problem for our baby's tush. We use a heated dispenser and keep water at the bottom so the wipes don't dry out. Too much water can make them feel "slimy," but its an easy fix-let some of the water evaporate off and don't add as much the next time.
on January 23, 2013
These wipes stick to the baby, but my hand slides right off of it. I've never had a wipe not "work"! I have to grip these to use them, which just doesn't work as well, and is a hassle too. Changing a diaper is hassle enough!