4.0 out of 5 stars Not an all-purpose diaper
Published 8 months ago by Nathan A. Edwards

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst night time diaper!!!
Published 8 months ago by melmelnv1

4.0 out of 5 stars Not an all-purpose diaper, January 2, 2014
Nathan A. Edwards (Jacksonville, FL USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We were having some capacity issues at night, so we decided to give the Extra Protection diapers a shot. These diapers do, indeed, absorb more liquid than our absolute favorite diapers, Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Size 3 Economy Pack Plus 162 Count. However, beyond the crib, they lose their luster. One day we ran out of Swaddlers and had to use the Extra Protections as our daytime diaper, and, somewhat paradoxically, we had leak issues. I suppose the Extra Protections, while high in capacity, are not designed for the rigors of daytime squirming. I can't really dock the Extra Protections any stars for daytime leaks because the fact is that they do serve their advertised purpose: "Absorbent enough to last all night."

When we bumped up to the next diaper size, our nighttime capacity issues were resolved even with the Swaddlers. Due to the relative difficulty of keeping two different types of diapers fully stocked, and the general all-purpose superiority of the Swaddlers, we now devote all of our diaper dollars to the multi-discipline diaper champ, Pampers Swaddlers. Of course, as our big guy gets bigger, we may run into nighttime leaks, and I might come crawling back for a little Extra Protection.

The bottom line is that they work; just don't expect them to serve as an all-occasion solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as expected, because the box says Pampers., December 4, 2013
Harold Wolf "Doc" (Wells, IN United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Pampers name is well known, and there’s a reason for that. Even extensive ads would not help if the product was bad. Pampers does the job. Cleans up the job; if you will.

We are grandparents that have learned to keep diapers handy. Don’t take that the wrong way. When the grand-kids come, they usually have enough along in the diaper bag, but… Once in a while our cupboard stock is called upon. Extra Protection Pampers last longer in the daytime too.

We have found that keeping the Extra Protection available helps with all cases. Seldom does the little ones stay overnight, but when they are leaving late and will likely drop off to sleep in the car; it’s an advantage to get them set with overnight protection.

This large economy size box, the only way to buy diapers if you can since quantity buying is usually cheapest, have the supply wrapped in plastic inside the box, but half in one bag and half in another. Keeps them fresher, cleaner, longer. We can keep one half at our house and help the kids out by sending the other half home with them to use. They like the capacity holding capability that lets the little tike sleep longer, later.

This review comes from a man who remembers when diapers had to be washed, and I helped.
Surely that disclosure deserves a helpful vote?

4.0 out of 5 stars Works better than Huggies Overnight, December 10, 2013
I've always used Huggies Overnight for my son cause of the better ratings but since he became a toddler & drank more liquids, the Huggies started failing. Till finally when he was 21 mos & the weather getting real cold I was fed up with finding him soaked in the morning. I bought a pack of Pampers to try. Wow, 3 weeks straight, not a single leak so far. Have to admit I'm not a big fan of the perfume smell or the blue gel beads inside the diapers. Haven't been able to find any toxicity/ safety info on them, will keep looking, meanwhile, I'm happy to have a dry baby in the morning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Night Time Goodness, December 3, 2013
This review is from: Pampers Baby Dry Extra Protection Diapers Size 6 Super Pack 54 Count (Packaging May Vary) (Health and Beauty)
Great for night time. My son is a heavy evening drinker and a stomach sleeper so he was leaking through every night. Not any more. Worth the small extra cost to not have to change his sheets every day.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK diaper, February 6, 2014
Normally we use Luvs but recently my 15 month old has been peeing through them at night. We tried a bigger size and still when she wakes up she is soaked. I don't know why but it gets a little annoying. So i decided to try a diaper that is made for night time and Pampers is usually a pretty safe choice. So we received my order of Pampers diapers quickly as always with Amazon. I put the diaper on her that night and...she didn't pee through it!! We have been using these most nights and she has not peed through them. Now I don't know if this is related or not but it also seems that when we switched her over to these at night she didn't sleep as good as with the Luvs. There are many things it could be of course. I just wonder if maybe when these diapers get wet it feels more uncomfortable than the Luvs?! I'm not 100% sure of this of course just a guess. So if you need a good night time diaper these are a very good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps babies sleep comfortably through the night, February 8, 2014
Extra absorption helps my baby sleep through the night. Before she was waking up very early because the diaper was so uncomfortably full.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst night time diaper!!!, January 23, 2014
Honestly, I DO NOT know how these could be night time diapers! They are barely thicker than a day time diaper. Today was the final straw, the diaper split open and the contents of the stuffing was EVERYWHERE inside my sons pj's. He didn't even make the 12 hour mark. Huggies are sooo much better. I bought these because you could get 20 more diapers for the same price as the Huggies night time diaper. I thought it was worth a try, boy was that a bad idea! You certainly get what you pay for here! We will finish the box using them as a "day time" diaper and never, ever again purchase these!!! Very disappointed!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy these!, January 24, 2014
They explode when too full so little balls of gel (?) are stuck to my son's skin, pajamas, and changing pad cover. Gross, and can't be good for his skin. Surprised these haven't been pulled from the shelves. Huggies aren't a huge improvement but at least they don't explode overnight. Will never buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work great, February 3, 2014
Best overnight diapers out there... I've tired other brands and this was the only one that actually lasted all night with no leaks. Have used them on both my babies and will use them on any future babies :-) Highly recommend these!

3.0 out of 5 stars No leaks, but unnecessary scent, January 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have not had any problems with any leaks using these diapers. They keep him dry -- no problems with diaper rash or irritation, he sleeps through the night without a problem.

I've been using Huggies Overnight, but tried these on a trial basis. They work as well as the Huggies brand, but unlike Huggies, these have an artificial, deodorizing scent that I dislike. I simply do not find it necessary. While I do not shell out the $$ for natural, scent-free brands, I still don't want an artificial scent that is unnecessary, either. So I won't be buying this brand of diaper in the future.

Rate and Discover Movies