- Recommended for use with the 437 Heavy Duty Fixturing Head
- Accepts any 1 (25.4mm) diameter shaft to a depth of 1.7 (43.2mm)
- Single knob controls head movement through 3-planes: 90 Degree Tilt, 360 Turn & 360 Rotation
- Square base [4.125 x 4.125 (104.8mm x 104.8mm)] has four 0.3125 (7.9mm) mounting holes (mounting screws not included). Height: 3.25 (82.5mm), Weight: 1.5 lbs. (0.7kg)
- Limited Lifetime Warranty!
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.66 shipping
PanaVise 400 Heavy Duty Base
|Price:||$38.15 ($38.15 / Each) & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$6.84 (15%)|
Specifications for this item
|Number of Items||1|
PanaVise is a major manufacture of Vises and Work Holding Tools. PanaVise's Tilt, Turn & Rotate ... See more product details
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
From the Manufacturer
The PanaVise 400 heavy duty base is a heavy duty work-holding tool base designed for use with small engines, electrical motors, wood carving and chiseling. The base is compatible with 1" head shafts and utilizes the PanaVise "split-ball" adjustment feature that allows for head movement through three separate planes controlled by a single load control knob. Used with a suitable platform head element, the PanaVise 400 heavy duty base can support up to 75 lbs. at up to a 45-degree angle.
Heavy Duty Base Support for Weighty Repairs and Uses
The PanaVise 400 heavy duty base is 3-1/4" (82.5 mm) tall, weighs 1.5 lbs. (0.7 kg) and has a base diameter of 4-1/8" x 4-1/8" (104.8 mm x 104.8 mm). The base is designed for use with work-holding tool heads with shafts of 1". Permanent mounting of any head shaft is also an option using the pre-drilled 1/4-20 tapped hole located at the bottom of the base and a matching flat head screw. The bottom lip of the base contains four pre-drilled holes countersunk for use with four 5/16" (7.9 mm) flathead screws (sold separately) to secure the base to a work surface. Installed correctly and utilizing a suitable heavy duty base the PanaVise 400 heavy duty base can support a maximum weight/angle ratio of 75 lbs. (34.0 kg) at 45 degrees.
Tilt, Turn and Rotate Functionality
The 400 heavy duty base utilizes PanaVise single-knob "split-ball" functionality at the point of contact with installed vise heads. Once a head element is installed and an item is secured, the split-ball system allows for maneuvering the item along three separate planes (tilt, turn and rotate). The complete mobility range with the model 400's split-ball system is a 90-degree tilt to the side, along with either an angled rotation or a level turn range of 360 degrees. This range allows a user to rearrange work items into virtually any position, limiting the need to adjust the overall position of the vise, or the item within the vise.
- Work-holding tool base designed for heavy items
- Supports up to 75 lbs. (34.0 kg) at up to a 45-degree angle
- "Split-ball" feature controls for head movement through three separate planes
- Single-load control knob locks head firmly in place
- Compatible with all any head element with 1" diameter shaft (sold separately)
- Option to permanently mount any head shaft to base with screw
- Stable mounting to work bench via four flat head screws
- Height: 3-1/4" (82.5 mm)
- Weight: 1.5 lbs. (0.5 kg)
- Diameter: 4-1/8" x 4-1/8" (104.8 mm x 104.8 mm)
- Maximum weight/angle limit: 75 lbs. (34.0 kg) at 45 degrees
- 3-plane adjustability
- Rotation: 360 degrees
- Turn: 360 degrees
- Tilt: 90 degrees
- Shaft diameter accepted: 1" (25.4 mm)
- Permanent shaft attachment: Yes 1/4-20 flat head screw (optional)
- Shaft depth: 1-11/16 (43.2 mm)
- Bolt circle countersunk for four 5/16" (7.9 mm) flathead screws (sold separately)
What's in the Box?
- PanaVise 400 heavy duty base
- User's manual and warranty information
Limited Lifetime Warranty
All PanaVise products are warranted against defective materials and/or workmanship to all original consumer owners from the date of original consumer purchase for the lifetime of ownership by the original consumer owner. In the event of defective materials and/or workmanship, PanaVise Products, Inc. will, without charge, repair or replace, at its option, the defective product within 60-days from the receipt of the defective product. The Warranty does not apply to damage not resulting from defective materials and/or workmanship while in the possession of the original consumer or to unreasonable use by the original consumer, which includes but is not limited to improper installation, or failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance.
Founded in 1957 by tool and die maker Otto Colbert and currently headquartered in Reno, Nevada, PanaVise is a leader in work-holding products. Over the years, a natural outgrowth of this expertise has been continued development of other items which hold things securely and offer a wide range of motion. Important areas in which this has been applied include, Electronics, CCTV Camera Mounts, and Audio/Video Mounts, earning PanaVise the nickname the "the hold it anywhere you want it company."
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This item secures your item only as far as vertical axis goes. it does not secure it horizonitally at all. Useless for the wood carve it is marketed for.Published 21 days ago by Joe Patterson
This base doesn't fit MOST of the attachments they sell! (Hole is too large). As far as I can tell, there's only ONE attachment--a square "fixturing head!"Published 6 months ago by Gipper1254
For the price and quality it is great little vice and look at a few and like the attachments you can use with itPublished 20 months ago by Mark