5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased - save yourself a bit of cash on this model
Published on February 14, 2011 by Joe O

2.0 out of 5 stars Top doesn't fit
The lid is warped. Doesn't sit on the top of the can correctly. Otherwise, it would be a nice bucket.
Published 13 months ago by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased - save yourself a bit of cash on this model, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Panacea 15343 Ash Bucket with Shovel, Black (Lawn & Patio)
My wife bought this for me for christmas. I've used it for a solid month and it easily took a full month's worth of ashes (and that's with almost 24/7 burning in a brand new wood burning stove) before I first had to empty it. But it's still relatively modest in size for the amount of ash it holds, it's attractive in a simplistic way, the wood handle grip feels nice, and the lid fits on fairly snugly (not airtight, but snug enough that it won't fall off without a solid hit under the lip).

The shovel is a good size. The handle is NOT long, but that makes it more manueverable. The shovel could use a wood handle or something to prevent a hot hand from digging hot coals out, but that's a pretty minor nitpick and I've never actually had to drop the shovel...just came close once or twice when really working with hot coals.

I definitely recommend this as a nice hearth ash bucket. Keep it outside on masonry after dumping hot ashes in it; it won't look out of place :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality a bit iffy, December 8, 2011
Adrian Smith (JENKINTOWN, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panacea 15343 Ash Bucket with Shovel, Black (Lawn & Patio)
The bucket is a little larger than expected. Out of the box ours came with three minor dents and a scrape and the paint is blemished where a poor spray job left an uneven surface. It's an ash bucket, but the quality issue was enough for my wife to seriously consider returning it, however the prohibitive shipping cost (as in 2/3rds the price by the time you pay out and back) meant we'll just deal with it and be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, sturdy, large-capacity ash bucket, November 17, 2013
Ariel (Bucks County, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panacea 15343 Ash Bucket with Shovel, Black (Lawn & Patio)
I really needed a "real" ash bucket, since I make a lot of fires in my woodstove and the ash really builds up in there. I was tired of using my large stewing pots for ash! This bucket is nice and plain and sturdy (I was looking for both). It's not heavy (empty). The shovel that comes with it is convenient, and it's well-designed: the scoop is broad and has flat edges that makes it very easy to pick up a large volume of ash at once. The "holster" for the shovel is also really nice. The two things that are issues (albeit very minor ones) for me are its size (it's BIG - 13" dia at the top x 13" tall) and how the lid doesn't exactly lift off easily. If you have plenty of space on your hearth, go for it. If you have limited space, Measure first! Imagine a 13"x13" box sitting there. I'm not sure if the lid is support to have a "hitch" to it for safety reasons (ie, so that it can't tip over and spill hot ash out on your floor) or if I just managed to get a "hitchy" one. Arguably, it's going to be safer if the lid stays closed, but this lid has no particular safety closure (clasp, hook, etc). I don't have dogs or kids, so it's not an issue for me. Unless you're cramped for space, I highly endorse it!

And of course... always empty your fireplace or stove when it's cool, and never assume there aren't any hidden hot coals in there!

Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size and shape, January 19, 2011
This review is from: Panacea 15343 Ash Bucket with Shovel, Black (Lawn & Patio)
I have seen a similar bucket much bigger and takes up too much room. This is a good shape and size for a small fireplace that is used occasionally. Well made and handy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Top doesn't fit, October 16, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, December 31, 2010
This review is from: Panacea 15343 Ash Bucket with Shovel, Black (Lawn & Patio)
It was a little bit bigger than I expected, but that's probably because I didn't read the dimensions. Otherwise, it's worked out great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shovel doesn't fit pocket, January 5, 2012
This review is from: Panacea 15343 Ash Bucket with Shovel, Black (Lawn & Patio)
I like this ash bucket. The bucket is quite large, however the shovel doesn't fit down in the side pocket very well. Just wanted you to know what to expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ash bucket and shovel for the price, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Panacea 15343 Ash Bucket with Shovel, Black (Lawn & Patio)
We recently installed a wood stove, and needed something to put the ashes in. This bucket is the perfect size, and the shovel was a nice bonus. I bought mine "used" from amazon warehouse deals. It's in brand new condition, and was exactly what we needed. It's large enough to store a considerable amount of ash, but not so large as to take up too much hearth room. The lid stays on well enough for me. It's not super tight, but stays in place. I'm very happy with my purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for live coals, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Panacea 15343 Ash Bucket with Shovel, Black (Lawn & Patio)
The bucket is sturdy and the lid fits tightly. My only complaint is that the paint bubbles off in places and has a really foul smell. I use this ash bucket to contain live coals that I don't need, so maybe I bought the wrong bucket. If you use it for spent ashes and coals, you're probably fine. If you use it like I do to put live coals in, then you'll get some burning paint smell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bucket!!!, February 15, 2012
This review is from: Panacea 15343 Ash Bucket with Shovel, Black (Lawn & Patio)
I am so grateful that I received this for Christmas! I can clean out my fireplace a lot faster since I don't have to wait for the ashes to stop burning. It's easy and I don't have to go to the garbage every single time I clean the fireplace. The shovel is so useful as well! I like it better than the one I have with my fireplace set, so I use that shovel instead.

Panacea 15343 Ash Bucket with Shovel, Black