5.0 out of 5 stars This coverage worked for me
I bought this coverage when I purchased a Lumix FZ150 camera. This was my 3rd Panasonic camera in this line, so I know them well. The cameras haven't had a history of being a problem for me (repair-wise) and I have traveled around the world with these cameras and basically beat the heck out of them.
When I purchased this FZ150, I was planning on 3 weeks in Kenya in...
Published 15 months ago by 2traveling

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Panasonic - Fraud Alert!
I had purchased an expensive Video Camera by Panasonic on Amazon and thinking this damage coverage was by Panasonic because of the Logo I added it to my cart. While registering my new camera I aksed a few questions regarding the coveraging and I was shocked at the response.

Published on October 21, 2012 by Peter Suslock

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Panasonic - Fraud Alert!, October 21, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic 3-Year Accidental Damage Coverage ($350 - $499 Cameras/Camcorders) (Electronics)

Panasonic doesn't offer Accidental Damage Coverage. This is a third party reseller called "Service Net" that sells usually useless after care plans. The have no affilation with Panasonic. Nor are they allowed to use the vast nation-wide network of authorized Panasonic repair facilities. Worse yet, Panasonic told me specifically that should my camera show use and or parts from using these services,Panasonic would void my 3 year warranty. I couldn't cancel this order fast enough.

Buy extended coverage with GREAT care.

Many companies like the is one will use Logos and tag lines without approval in the hope of defruading the consumer. Again Service Net that sells this product has zero affiliation with Panasonic

At the request of Panasonic I sent Panasonic a screen shot of this product.

For extended care options and coverage in general ALWAYS deal with the OEM and avoid scams like the plague as they could cost you dearly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not backed by Panasonic in Oklahoma, December 21, 2011
If you live in Oklahoma, don't waste your money on this warranty. You will be notified my postal mail that the warranty is in fact covered by a 3rd party and not Panasonic. This is in my opinion a misleading and deceptive ad.

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Service Lame, But..., August 27, 2012
I will say that I purchased this IN SPITE of the fact that Panasonic "Service" Center will take care of repair/replacement. I have had two experiences with their McAllen (No)Service Center. Be prepared to be without the camera for 4-6 weeks - a few days to ship to them, 2-3 days to enter it into their system, 7-10 days for the technician to figure out what the problem is, 2-3 days for them to contact you, 7-10 days to order parts (they keep none on-site - they come from Japan), 7-10 days to fix, and then send it back. IF they replace with a reconditioned unit, it takes at least 7-10 days to request from Panasonic - after technician review - then send to you via wagon train. This contractor is so small that "upper management" reviews each case of a camera that can't be repaired to decide how to proceed. Incidentally... all working days...

The only reason that I purchased this "protection" is that I recently went through this process with my DMC-G3 and they refused to repair because they said it was accidental damage - because I have so many Panasonic M43 accessories, it didn't pay to buy an Olympus at this point. I figured that if somethign happens to this one, at least I have some prospect of repair or replacement.

Panasonic has good cameras but the worst service of any company I've ever dealt with.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never received, August 1, 2012
I ordered this item from Panasonic after buying a camera from Amazon. I called the company 5 times over a 1 month period and they could not tell me where it was even though it was shipped 3 weeks prior. They would not send me another copy of a warranty. I cancelled the order and got a warranty from Square Trade it 2 minutes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible warranty, June 27, 2012
The warranty on this completely sucks. We sent in our camera for repair WITH ALL THE WARRANTY INFORMATION PHYSICALLY WRITTEN ON THE BOX. We kept getting calls from the Panasonic center saying they did not have this information--we sent it in twice. They kept leaving a number that when called was dead. They kept demanding cash--and our warranty is no where near over. We paid allot of cash for two warranties for two cameras cause we are a very busy organization and did not want to have to deal with exactly this sort of hassle. Completely not happy at all with either panasonic or the extended warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars This coverage worked for me, September 11, 2013
When I purchased this FZ150, I was planning on 3 weeks in Kenya in a few months, and saw I could buy drop/spill protection for a decent price. Not that I'm clumsy, but I thought it was a good idea--my first purchase of insurance coverage for a camera.
After owning the camera for a year, I realized that it wasn't operating as smoothly as it should (slower to focus, making grinding noises) which I totally attribute to the Kenya dust and a trip to Thailand soon after. I contacted the company who had the contract, and although I dealt with a couple of folks on their end who didn't know how to process a claim, I finally wound up w/ a rep who said they could replace the camera w/ something similar or my exact purchase price from a year ago. Panasonic has now replaced it with the FZ200, and it costs more than the FZ150, so the insurance company offered a lower quality camera or the $. I took the money and will buy the FZ200.
What I didn't realize when I bought this coverage was that it was for REPLACEMENT only--not repair. And the replacement cost was my original camera price, not including the insurance price or the cost to me to ship them my camera. I believe I got the camera through a pretty good sale on Amazon, so my purchase price was a good deal to start with.
Overall, I think it worked out well for me. When I finally got someone on the other end who knew what they were doing, he gave me his phone # so i could call him back directly after I did some research into which option I wanted.
I never expected something for nothing--I think it was a fair deal.
(if it matters: I was living in Oregon when I purchased the camera, and was living in Washington state when I made the insurance claim.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Camera damage coverage, December 31, 2012
Patty Sandker (NEWPORT, KY, US) - See all my reviews
Gave this as a gift. Will have to see if they have to use it how well you respond to their needs,

4.0 out of 5 stars protection plan, December 28, 2012
Good value for the money, hope I don't need to use in the next 3 years.
The online registration is easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Extended Warranty, September 9, 2012
I had problems with the lense cover not closing properly after almost 3 years. I went into Best Buy and they sent the camera to be repaired. It could not be repaired so I was allowed to select another camera of the same value for no additional charge. SWEET

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 16, 2012
I buy this whenever I buy products, great customer service department and great plan. Never had any issues with the company.