Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on September 6, 2011
Good advice to read the fine print - not covered if used in a recreational vehicle, not covered if used in a commercial setting (i.e. anywhere but a private home) - so don't drop your camera at the mall! Lots of other exclusions. "No-Lemon" policy requires FOUR needed repairs on the SAME part before they consider the camera a lemon. Go with Squaretrade - less expensive, less "weasel" language in their contract and consistently good service.
on July 21, 2012
I purchased a panasonic hand held HD video camera along with panasonic's 3 year extended warranty. All I can say is buyer beware. This warranty is NOT what you think it is. I hope future consumers read this. The intent of this post is to inform future customers about Panasonic's 3 year customer care plan. This is not a review of the camera I purchased.

First, when you purchase 3 year warranty (especially one that says Panasonic) you think you are getting a 3 year extension on the manufacturer's warranty. YOU ARE NOT!! What you get with this warranty is a one time replacement if the camera gets damamged or broken. Further, this warranty for replacement does not kick in until the manufacturer's warranty expires. Once you send in your broken camera for repair/replacement, and if your camera gets replaced, that is the end of the warranty. It is considered fulfilled and thats it - no more warranty. You have to love the fine print.

Here is what happened to me. I bought the camera, received it, opened it, it didn't work. I returned the camera to the retailer (One Call by the way), who took care of everything just fine and I got a new replacement camera no questions asked. The replacement camera worked fine and all was well. Six months later the camera stopped working again so I called to arrange to have it serviced under the manufacturers warranty or the extended warranty. I didn't really care which warranty applied since I assumed I was totally covered for this. Heck it was only 6 months old AND I had the full 3 year Panansonic extended warranty. WRONG!!

I called Panasonic who instructed me to return the camera to their service center which I did. I received a call from Panasonic informing me that my camera can be repaired for $82.50 labor charges. I was told that the camera parts were covered for 1 year but labor was only covered for 90 days. I was responsible for the labor. I was shocked at that. What happened to the 1 year manufacturer's warranty? When I brought my extended warranty information to their attention, I was told that was not eligible to apply since it only covers replacement, NOT repair, AND didn't apply because the original 1 year manufacturers warranty was still in effect!! So if I wanted my camera back fixed, I had to pay $82.50 labor charges. Otherwise the camera would be returned to me, as is, not working. So the first discovery was that Panasonic does not have a full one year warranty one their products in the way you think. One year is for parts only and labor is 90 days.

Here is the other side of this lovely adventure and discovery. Had the camera been 1 year and a day old, my so called 3 year extended warranty would cover the camera to be replaced (not repaired) this one time only, and then the 3 year warranty is done, caput, ended, no longer in existence. What you are buying is a one time only replacement. You got a 1 year 1 day warranty. This is NOT a 3 year extention on the manufacturer's warranty. This is a one time and one time only replacement contract. Further, there is NO service warranty at all.

I will say I should have read the fine print more carefully. It was my mistake there for sure. But since every extended warranty I have ever purchased in the past was a full extension of the manufacturer's I assumed this was the case here. WRONG!! In addition, I did contact "OneCall" who was kinda enough to set up a conference with Panasonic service representative and One Call. When everything was clarified, One Call requested I post this message for all to see. They were shocked as much as I was. I asked One Call to refuse to sell this service contract and I hope Amazon does the same. By the way One Call gets 5 stars for making the extra effort to help me get my camera fixed and talk to the right people.

This product should be called, "One Time Replacement Contract" because that is all it is. I gave it one star because they will replace your device one time.

I say shame on Panasonic and Amazon for allowing such a poor and incomplete representation of extended warranty plans offered to consumers. Panasonic's business practice of having a one year warranty for parts and 90 days for labor is not easily found unless you need to use it. I find it quite telling that a company such as Panasonic who makes some great products, can't provide a full one year warranty. Is the service of your products that common that you have to start charging for labor costs after 90 days? Is that showing the consumer you make good products or stand behind them when the fail? Really? I thought you were better than that.

A very disappointed and now enlightened consumer.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 21, 2012
I had purchased an expensive Video Camera by Panasonic on Amazon and thinking this damage coverage was by Panasonic because of the Logo I added it to my cart. While registering my new camera I aksed a few questions regarding the coveraging and I was shocked at the response.

Panasonic doesn't offer Accidental Damage Coverage.

This is a third party reseller called "Service Net" that sells usually useless after care plans. The have no affilation with Panasonic. Nor are they allowed to use the vast nation-wide network of authorized Panasonic repair facilities. Worse yet, Panasonic told me specifically that should my camera show use and or parts from using these services,Panasonic would void my 3 year warranty. I couldn't cancel this order fast enough.

Buy extended coverage with GREAT care.

Many companies like the is one will use Logos and tag lines without approval in the hope of defruading the consumer. Again Service Net that sells this product has zero affiliation with Panasonic

At the request of Panasonic I sent Panasonic a screen shot of this product.

For extended care options and coverage in general ALWAYS deal with the OEM and avoid scams like the plague as they could cost you dearly.
on April 18, 2012
I'm giving this 3 stars because I have no idea how good it is unless I use it, and I hope I never do. Still, for the price I bought myself some peace of mind for the next three years. Looking at reviews of my Panasonic Lumix LX5, I saw several people who had problems with Panasonic honoring the standard warranty for various malfunctions including moisture and screen problems. As a result, I bought this policy as additional protection if the camera fails in the next three years. (Since this policy covers only drops and spills, I guess it is up to the owner to drop the camera before sending it in for repair?) If I never need to use it, I will be happy, and so, I guess, will Panasonic.
on January 9, 2011
Read the Terms & Conditions. The policy reads more about what they DO NOT COVER. If it DOES NOT have an accident associated with the malfunction-it is not covered!
Get coverage that will repair or replace no matter what the problem. Most problems will occur during the first year of the manufactures warranty. Most extended warranties are useless.
33 comments2 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2011
I havent had to use this yet, but im hoping that if i do they will take care of me properly by replacing my camera or repairing it. They did email me a copy of my warranty info as well as sent me an electronic copy through email.

We will see
on December 11, 2013
It is important to carry a Coverage on your Camera. I do not like to buy these, but it does pay off should you need it.
on February 15, 2011
I just purchased the 3 Year Plan for my camera, and prior to purchasing had done a lot of research on the different plans and offerings available to me. This plan had all of the coverage I was looking for, and also has the Panasonic Name. It has always been very important to me to purchase warranties backed by the manufacturer themselves versus a third party warranty. I have had nothing but problems from non manufacturer warranties.
on February 16, 2011
After a lot of research I decided to go with this plan and have been very pleased. This was well worth my money to protect my new investment...the amount of coverage for the cost can't be beat and my customer service experience so far has been great.
on February 15, 2011
The cost for the warranty is a good investment. It is great to have accidental damage coverage for unforseen incidents.