5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and fast
I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder and it came with one DVD-RAM disc.
If you're new to DVD Recording, the RAM disc is the only one which allows creating of chapters on a recording you made and then being able to edit unwanted bits out (commercials on a TV program, for example) and allow you to speed through the disc to find those editing points at 200X speed...
Published on May 18, 2007 by Jizmo

3.0 out of 5 stars DVD Ram is great, and frustrating
Published on October 3, 2007 by David R. Forrest

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and fast, May 18, 2007
This review is from: 3x DVD-RAM Single-Sided Media (Electronics)
I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder and it came with one DVD-RAM disc.

Also, a few other features available only with RAM disc is time-shifting and viewing material previously recorded on the disc while recoding a new program on the same disc.

I've used DVD-RW discs as well, and they are only good for rewriting over around 1,000 times. They don't allow chapter insertion or any other form of editing and, at least on my machine, can only speed through the disc at 12X speed maximum. Quite a bit slower than 200X. The DVD-RAM claims to be able to be rewritten from between 50,000 to 100,000 times.

Of note: DVD-RAM discs cannot be finalized, so they cannot be formatted to play on any standard DVD player (copy of something to a friend or relative) but for your own repeated use it is the only way to go!

You really don't even need very many discs since they should last a good long while through repeated writing, so the price isn't bad at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars best media for storage, June 5, 2006
Quick Smart (Elgin, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3x DVD-RAM Single-Sided Media (Electronics)
After buying a panasonic dvd video recorder, I bought twenty of these discs to feed it. After seeing the light, I did some research and have discovered for myself a great storage medium. I'd always discounted DVD-RAM as a panasonic proprietary product, but this is designed to save data like a hard disk, in concentric circles. So your computer sees it just like a hard disk. And, it is much more stable than -+r dvds. Too much technical data to spew here, but do some web searches on the design of dvd ram, you'll be impressed. I liked it so much, I bought three new drives that read/write dvd ram for my home computers. Happy camper.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, September 19, 2005
This review is from: 3x DVD-RAM Single-Sided Media (Electronics)
I've only used these Panasonic DVD-RAM discs for about 2 weeks but the quality is unsurpased. They are flawless and crystal clear for recording TV, erasing, and re-recording. I will purchase nothing but this brand from now on.

3.0 out of 5 stars DVD Ram is great, and frustrating, October 3, 2007
David R. Forrest (Rockville, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3x DVD-RAM Single-Sided Media (Electronics)
This is a scarce product to find, as Best Buy and Circuit City have been taking it off their shelves. So. . . buy it from Amazon! DVD Ram works great--I can conveniently record programs and if there isn't quite enough space for the SP mode, it will automatically figure out how much to record on SP and put the rest on EP in order to maximize the amount of high quality picture on the disk. The picture and audio quality is much better than videotape and so far I've seen no noticeable degradation upon multiple erasing and re-recording on the same DVD.

The frustrating part is that only Panasonic machines seem to be able to read this format. So you can't loan a DVD to a friend to watch unless they also have a Panasonic unit that reads DVD RAM, and you can't watch a show on your computer either.

My concern is that DVD RAM will disappear, since it hasn't been adopted by other DVD makers. If you already have a Panasonic unit, I'd recommend stocking up on DVD RAM before you can't find it anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is awesome!!!, January 9, 2005
This review is from: 3x DVD-RAM Single-Sided Media (Electronics)
With this and the proper device (recorder, drive, etc)you can record in high quality (Xp = 1 hour), Standard Quality (Sp = 2 hours), Medium (Lp = 4 hours) and low quality (EP = 6 hours).

Not only that, you also can cut, edit, erase easily and even view what you're recording at the same time.

If you have the correct device to use these, buy them, you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent dvd ram disc 10 pack,for panasonic recorders., December 14, 2005
stewart L (flushing ,ny) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3x DVD-RAM Single-Sided Media (Electronics)
The panasonic dvd-ram disc,works extremely well in my panasonic dmr75 recorder...If you want to utilize,the many special features built into panasonic ram recorders,then this is the right disc,for you. Of course you can purchase the standard dvd-r discs and save alot of money...5 star rated .A good deal..thank you stewart L.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DVD-RAM's are great, January 9, 2007
This review is from: 3x DVD-RAM Single-Sided Media (Electronics)
My older Panasonic DVR was having trouble recording on the newer high speed discs, such as 8X, 16x etc. I then tried one of these I had gotten with the recorder and they worked just fine. There is one problem with these, BUT only if you make discs for others. If you make DVD's for your own use ON your own Panasonic DVR,as that is the only machine they will work on, and these are cheap and great. I saw these for sale, and bought a box, and they work just fine. I am glad they had these for such a reasonable price, or I would have bought a new recorder, which I have found out I don't need. Problem solved. It sure pays to check out everything before you give up.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!!!, March 22, 2006
Andrea (Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3x DVD-RAM Single-Sided Media (Electronics)
This is the best price I've found on these great Panasonic DVD's. My DVR works best with RAM discs - they're re-writable and last "forever" - I've read that they can be used 100,000 times - since 100,000/365 = 273.9 I'm guessing it'll be two centuries before I find out if they wear out. These are Panasonic, and at the time I'm writing, including postage charged, come to a price almost as low as the cheap Wal-mart one-use throwaways. What more do you want?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and built to last, December 2, 2006
B. Ross (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3x DVD-RAM Single-Sided Media (Electronics)
The DVD ram disc is by far the most reliable data and media storage commonly available for current use. If you want more data storage reliability than these discs, you will need a rock slab and chisel. These Panasonic discs are of excellent quality, I have used these for quite sometime and they have never let me down, never had a bad disc, and never lost any important data or media. I use these with my Toshiba DVD recorder, these discs are always recognized by the recorder and also work flawlessly with my notebook computer as well.

You will need to make sure your DVD recorder and/or PC drives are DVD ram compatible to use these.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you own a Panasonic DVD recorder, this item is a must., December 31, 2006
This review is from: 3x DVD-RAM Single-Sided Media (Electronics)
I have a DMR-ES10 Panasonic DVD recorder, and in order to use all it's functionality, I had to order some DVD-RAM disks.

Apart from being able to do some editing directly in the DVD recorder, I found these discs extremely durable. I have choosen one for time shifting, and I have lost the count of how many rewrites I have performed on it.

Also, I found that I could use this discs with my LG DVD-RW unit like a floppy disk, without the need of format them or use the DVD burner software.

3x DVD-RAM Single-Sided Media