5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, not for everyone, July 16, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic AG-AF105A Micro Four Thirds Camcorder, Full HD Progressive Recording And 24PsF 10 bit (AGAF100A) (Camera)
The Panasonic AF100 is a wonderful camera. It has a lot of functionality for Pro levels and Consumers.

Before purchasing this camera decide what type of videos you will produce and its destination. All video cameras are tools and you need to consider what tool you'll need for your job.

I have always used Panasonic cameras because from the top of the line on down they're built on quality. I purchased the AF100 because it was the most flexible and future proof camera I could buy the summer of 2013. It has interchangeable lenses, shoots video natively (versus DSLRs which shoot video as a secondary), has a high quality standard video compression and professional buttons that allow me to shoot automatic or manual.

I'm an in-between video producer. I shoot high end videos for the web. I need a camera more powerful and have more features than a consumer camera but a price that isn't in the broadcast range.

Here are my Pros and Cons. I love how Panasonic make a great camera. You can't go wrong purchasing with Panasonic. Unfortunately the camera is already showing its age. Other cameras shoot in higher resolutions, more frames per second, or cost less. Currently this camera cost below $3,000 dollars. This camera doesn't get the same adoration as other video cameras. When you first turn the camera on with a normal lens the image is too close. Be aware of that.

I love this camera! Thanks for reading.

PROS
Lightweight
Interchangeable lens
Quality Build

CONS
Crop Factor (the image is too zoomed in)
Not top of the line camera
Already showing its age

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the product not the seller, May 30, 2013
This product works great. Beware of up-selling tactics devised by online sellers to get you to call in talking about American verses foreign and that the Af100a has been discontinued. They are advertising sales for equipment they don't have for half of the price. If they advertise the body for 2500 dollars make them sell you just that. Buy your own lenses. The rokinon brand works great with a fourthirds adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful look with an even more gorgeous price, August 12, 2013
I'm a professional videographer that's been in the market for a cinema camera to use on personal and side jobs. First I had my eye set on the Canon C100, but thankfully a colleague of mine hipped me to this little gem (and boy, what a find!). I got this baby for less than half the price of the Canon and I've gotta tell you.. Total. Satisfaction! Being a dedicated video/cinema camera, you have more control over your recording options than on an DSLR and the design and functions of the camera make it a very easy switch for someone with an ENG background. The m43 sensor gives a great sized imaged (I have a 45mm prime that looks so pretty, it made me finally understand what "love at first sight" means), so as long as you take the crop into account, don't fear the smaller sensor (it still has a better crop factor than the Blackmagic Cinema Camera)!
I admit I did get a REALLY good price on this camera, but if you have the chance to grab one of these and you're on the fence? ...take the leap! There are other good points to this camera overall, but I don't have the time to write anymore.. I've gotta go put it back to use!

I'm a recidivist remorseful shopper. I second guess almost ever purchase I make, but a day hasn't gone by that I'm not happy about making the decision to grab this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive, February 14, 2014
So far, this camera has done everything needed. Great price, since it is no longer being manufactured there was no warranty.

I wish the manual was translated better from Japanese, it only gives the basics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Right camera for the price, May 24, 2013
Allan Klingler (Idaho Falls, Idaho USA) - See all my reviews
I was wishing the dialing switch in front would have a little more for choices of sensitivity level, as I find the ones there are too big of jumps... but they appear to be quick and easy to change. The output on the camera from HDMI appears to be different from the recording format of the camera so that through of my initial settings on digitizing footage not knowing the codec flavor I was dealing with. The adaptimax micro 4/3 adapter for canon ef lenses works great and fits on well with the three lenses I have tried, resulting in an image with a soft but highly detailed look. I wish there was a little more how to and how do I .... approach in the manual. The menus are a little tricky to operate, but I appreciated the ability to display the highlighted clip or play from that point with the interface on at a push of a single extruding button. That is a great access point that is very intuitive and helpful. More later.

Rate and Discover Movies