Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic CGR18650CG Rechargeable 3.6V Li-ion 18650 Battery 2250mAh, 3008
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: only Batteries|Color: one piece|Change
Price:$5.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on January 19, 2011
Unfortunatly ordered products through this site of four 18650 batteries ordered received 1 which was DEAD and another which would not accept a charge. The proprietor wanted me to ship the batteries back to him at my cost which I find unacceptable , so I would not reccomend this seller. I should add that 2 of the 4 batteries do work as always expect to get what you pay for.
Bought some more from another site.
Sellers reply "Send you a coupl of dollar", to send them back. I am curious where he lives??
55 comments|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2013
After charging (appropriately) and installing in my light for a day, I smelled a solvent odor in my nightstand drawer. Upon inspection of the battery, there was an oily substance that was creating the odor. I worked with the seller (excellent) and we resolved the issue and the battery went to the recycler. From discussion with a few others, unrelated to the transaction, this seemed to be a very unusual situation.
on June 20, 2014
These were supposed to be the 3400 mah! These are NOT the Panasonic 18650 B type 3400 mah battery that I have grown to love, this is just a cheap knock off
on February 17, 2015
Buyer beware, reasonably priced but that's were the positives end. I purchased two batteries about 5 weeks ago, battery #1 stopped taking a charge after two or three uses. The second only holds a half charge. All my other batteries, some a year plus old and charged 50 times already still working. These not so much.
on October 10, 2015
My led flashlight works fine with this battery. The box did not say Panasonic, and the battery has no name brand anywhere. The price seems really inexpensive for brand name like Panasonic. One photo looks exactly like my battery, the other photo has dots around the top that my battery does not have. All I know for sure is that it charged up well and works well in my flashlight and is relatively low cost compared to some others; so what more is there to say?

LATER: Now the photos only show the battery with the dots around the top, since mine doesn't have the dots and no brand printed anywhere, it is possibly a fake.
on February 26, 2016
good product it didn't work for the flash light i bought it for but it did work for another flash light ...ALWAYS CHECK THE mAh number if it doesn't match you have a good possibility of it not working
on December 7, 2015
The battery is rated at 2250mAh. After the second charge I tested it using an Opus BT-C3100. It tested at 2175mAh. That's 96.6% of the rated capacity. Quite good after a second charge. It's typical for capacity tests to be within about 95% of the capacity rating. Each test can be off by a few percent.

Note that like the Panasonic NCR18650PF batteries, there's no way to tell by looking at the battery whether or not its actually a Panasonic battery, because there is no company name on it. It looks exactly like the green battery in the product photo. Although there's no company name on it, it says it's made in Japan and has CGR18650CG written on it. It does not list the mAh rating on it. A google search indicates that this is a true Panasonic battery.

Most quality batteries are made in Japan, as are the real Panasonic batteries these are said to be. Hopefully this is the real deal. Panasonic batteries are fantastic.

Beware of cheaper batteries. I've had the misfortune of ordering a few lesser known brand batteries from other sellers that completely lied about their battery capacities, stating up to 6 times more than the battery really has! All of the Panasonic and Foxnovo batteries I've ordered have performance that matches their specs. They have been trust-able batteries so far in my experience.

I recommend these batteries if you need a low cost battery that works well. If you need a bit longer run-time, choose a Panasonic NCR18650PF instead. It only costs a bit more and lasts about 28% longer. It's also newer. As I understand it, the CGR18650CG batteries are discontinued. Once the last bit have been sold on Amazon, they will be gone.
on August 19, 2014
I have purchased these twice and use these in flashlights and a lighted AR-15 foregrip. They hold a charge nicely, recharge without problems, and are just plain good. I recommend this one as opposed to "off brand", cheaper ones because these have proven to be reliable.
on May 20, 2014
Bought this for an electronic cigarette (vaporizer), from the seller "LP AQ Trading", it came ~70% charged, and after a few cycles, i was certain that the item is original and rightly labeled as 2250 mah. (I've been through over 50 cycles since then).
Definitely recommended.
on February 11, 2015
These batteries were not the greatest in my opinion. I am not sure if you are supposed to drain them first or charge them first? I charged them before draining them and they do not seem to put out the power I would expect from them.