5.0 out of 5 stars A Smart Camera for the Photography-Challenged, April 15, 2011
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH27 16.1 Megapixel Compact Camera - 5 mm-40 mm - Red (Electronics)
I bought this camera for a family member who wanted a camera that would be easy to use. And boy is this easy to use! This is by far the most intelligent camera I have ever used in terms of the accuracy of its Auto mode. Just point and click, and the camera will select the appropriate settings every time. No more blurred action shots, and no more washed out flash pictures where the entire background is just black. This camera selects the appropriate ISO setting for each shot - in milliseconds. Very short shutter lag, I would say unheard of for a point and shoot. The touch screen is very intuitive and simple to use, and I like the absence of "confusing" dials of settings that most point and shoot cameras have.

One feature I like is instead of having to choose the shooting mode (i.e. Portrait/Landscape/Night Scene/etc.) the camera automatically detects which shooting mode it should use, and switches to that mode - again, in milliseconds. This is easily the most user-friendly camera I have ever come across, and my grandmother is already delighted with it.

To be clear, this camera is not for a photography enthusiast, as you really have almost zero control over the settings. This camera is fantastic for the demographic it was designed for: those who want to be able to push a button and capture the moment every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent point and shoot you won't regret, June 12, 2011
I bought this after reading a ton of reviews of different cameras, then broke down and picked this one. I couldn't be happier - easy to use, and crisp, detailed pictures with excellent white balance and color saturation, even in bright sunlight. Battery life is good, but not great (and definitely less than stated in tech specs), but it charged fast, and I liked that it came with a wall charger for the battery itself instead of a cord. Zoom was fantastic - quality of pics were as good as any taken at normal range. I took fast shots out of the window of the car, and even those came out well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent Camera, August 8, 2011
This is my third Panasonic Lumix camera that my wife and I purchase. The first one died after years of use, which we uses a lot. The second one I drop it in the lazy river, that was not fun. I still have the third camera, this Panasonic Lumix camera is just what we needed. I'm a graphic designer and I work with a lot with photos and the quality of this camera is just prefect. I take a lot of pictures of my family and sometimes videos, and is easy to do it all. I recommended this camera to any one who is not sure what camera to get.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera, nice price, February 10, 2012
Well, at the beginning I was afraid about the purchased but now that I test the camera is a very very very good camera, a bit confusing with the touchscreen controls but after u learn all about it is kind of amazing, in cons I ve to say that the no zooming in video is a bad idea for the functionality but it compensed with the amazing photos u can take... at lasts is a digital camera not a video camera xD, If u want to take nice pics without snow or rain could be a good idea buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great point & shoot!, January 12, 2012
NWMom (Coeur d'Alene, ID USA) - See all my reviews
This is my 3rd point & shoot, the 5th we've bought in our household, our 2nd Lumix and by far it is the hands down favorite. I wanted this camera to keep handy for quick pictures of scenery, the kids, to take on trips, etc. I've done all of the that since it was purchased and it performs beautifully. The intelligent auto mode takes the guess work out of picture taking and it kicks out beautiful crisp, clear pictures in any light.

I researched cameras thoroughly prior to this purchase. I'm convinced Lumix is the best at this price point. No regrets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Lumix Camera, August 31, 2011
This is my second Panasonic Lumix camera in 5 years & I am very happy with it's performance. It takes great pictures & it's easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera and Service, August 7, 2011
It is really fantastic digital camera. It is easy in its functions, LCD touch screen works very well, the zoom is perfect and the quality of the pictures is great.
Although I had a little problem with the time (duration) I received the purchase, the store refund me $12 in my account. I'm very satisfied with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful purchase!, July 21, 2011
I have bought this camera for my daughter. I have a Nikon Reflex myself. I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH27. It hardly uses the flash, so the pictures come up with beautiful colours. I really recommend this camera. I think I am going to use it more than my daughter!

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good camers, August 8, 2012
A very compact camera. Excellent for traveling. Very good images. Easy to navigate through the menus. Could not be more pleased with this camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, comes with case and SD card., March 20, 2012
fractal12 (Quetzaltenango, Guatemala) - See all my reviews
Very nice camera, it comes with a standard case and a standard 4Gb SD memory card. You don't need to buy another one. Unless, you want more memory, or a high speed card.