Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Amazon Elements Sensitive Baby Wipes, Exclusive to Prime Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Now Deal of the Day

on July 15, 2010
I bought this camera because my Sony Cybershot did not perform too well in dark places (night clubs, bowling, at night etc). The Lumix is has a fantastic low light mode that takes incredible pictures. The other great features include a large and bright touch screen, great zoom, clean 14.1 MP photos, and easy to navigate menus. All this in a stylish compact design. If you are looking for a compact camera, you cannot go wrong with the Lumix DMC-FP3.
on December 8, 2010
Ok first of all, this is not my primary camera, I have a DSLR and this one is just for parties and random events where a DSLR is just too big to carry around. That said, read this review keeping in mind it is not a top tier camera, it's a $150 point and shoot.

Packaging: Even though the box wasn't sealed, the camera arrived perfectly new and with all accessories. I still think the box is a little small.

Design: Everything in the front is neatly designed. Looks good, feels good. The back looks plain with the screen off, and I would've centered it a little and make a cross with the buttons. The camera powers on by sliding the lens cover. It is a really compact, nice looking camera. Mayor flaw in design is the "iA button" next to the shutter button, which will be accidentally pressed by almost anyone you lend the camera to.

Screen: Crispy, bright screen, big enough to see the pictures and with very good definition. Touch functions work like a charm, but I would've invested a little more in the interface. It is very responsive and the camera comes with a function to focus where you touch, which I've found infinitely useful.

Lens: Pretty good pictures so far. Lacks a function for changing focus in video, but nothing a $200 or less camera has anyway. Well protected most of the time, although I've found the cover to be sometimes too easy to open. Shutter speed is pretty good. Optical zoom is 4x, although the design they used for the CCD actually moves it to get a kind of 8.4x optical zoom. Macros look great.

Pictures: You will definitely get awesome pictures with this camera, as long as you are comfortable with point and shoot cameras and not advanced photography gear. The yellows and oranges appear incredible, and the color accuracy is outstanding. If you are not a photographer you'll be more than happy with this camera.

Battery: I would say it lasts for about 250 pictures with occasional use of the preview function. Charges fast.

Video: It is a really good thing to have hd (1280x720) video recording. Drawback being the focal point stays at the same spot (no zoom in or zoom out function)

Overall: I would definitely recommend this camera to anyone looking in this price tier. If you can go an extra 50 bucks, get a Canon SD (I have a 780 I bought a year ago and my sister has a 940, both are awesome powerful and stylish cameras).
on November 28, 2010
We are seriously disappointed, to the point of disgust, with this camera. The 2-star review by Linda really captures all of the problems, but I want to reiterate a few of them to the unsuspecting buyer:

1. Terrible low-light pictures: Forget about using the camera indoors. Without the flash, pictures are noticably grainy and low-quality. With the flash, they are harsh, full of red-eye, and have too much contrast (ie: all foreground, no background).

2. Slow shutter speed: anything moving the slightest bit turns out blurry.

3. Touch-screen: A gimmick. They tried, but the technology (or at least their implementation of it) just isn't "there" yet. Nothing compared to an iPod/iPhone; not even close. The touch-screen interface is slow to react, and not sensitive enough around the edges. And since most of your menu options are via the touchscreen, it's very frustrating to use.

There are three useful features on this camera: macro and burst modes are decent, and it is very small. But, since we bought this camera mainly to take pictures of our kids and it is incapable of shooting anything indoors or in motion, it has been completely useless to us.

We've had other portable point-and-shoot cameras (Fuji and Olympus) in the past, and both are much better. Should have stuck with a Finepix.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 15, 2010
I bought this camera for a vacation trip and found it very handy--fits in my pocket and starts by sliding the cover south. The pictures were very good on the whole. I ran into trouble by shooting into the light and I don't know if there's an override for the flash but so far haven't discovered that. The quality of the long shots is very good, less so for the closeups but still good. My larger Lumix takes better pictures and has more control, but for the convenience of this small camera it did its job. I would recommend this for anyone who is not a professional photographer.
on September 6, 2011
This camera is good for what it is and for the people it's geared towards: those that just want to take decent pictures anytime, anywhere.

Design: Very sleek and slim. It's light and just looks cool. I really like that you just have to slide the lens cover down to turn on the camera and slide it back up to turn it off. Bing, bang, boom. Take a picture. Done. Next. I like that.

Ease of use: Okay, I get a nice big screen on the back, but the biggest problem for me was the touch screen function. It's slow and clunky (and I also have yet to figure out how to set a timer??). Flipping through pictures can be ok if you're getting the hang of it, but it can be extremely frustrating when it takes too long to respond or freezes up on you (which it does too often). As time went along, I flipped through pictures less frequently and just transferred them to my laptop and flipped through them on there.

Picture quality: I've always loved Lumix cameras because they give pretty good quality pictures for very good prices. I depend solely on the Auto Intelligence photo setting which allows your camera to adapt to the environment you're taking pictures in.

I'm going through the reviews and I see some people rate this camera 1 star. Well, if you're looking for something way more complicated with more functions and you need pictures of professional quality, you shouldn't be looking at this camera or others like it to begin with.

I'm a college student that likes to have a small but nice camera in my purse so I can capture all my best moments and make sure they're captured beautifully. This camera does that just perfectly for me.
on December 17, 2010
This camera fit the bill in every way. Easy to cart around (in back pocket), takes great pictures and really good videos. Just love having a camera so easy to carry that takes great quality digital photos and gives an easy download to my iMac. I took it with me on a few horseback adventures and got some wonderful shots and video from atop my horse. Ease of use and intuitive function - really all around satisfaction. Needless to say I was very sad when it slipped out of my jacket pocket a few weeks ago on one of those trail rides. (I'd put it in that pocket temporarily and forgot to secure it better before we got on the trail.) I'm tempted by buy another... but, well, I'll wait for the price to come down further before I re-buy.
on December 30, 2010
I wanted a good compact camera "without a telescopic lens", this is definitely the best in this class, better than the similar Nikon and Casio. makes good shots in dark. I love the touch screen selection of the focus point, it works perfectly for shooting objects. and it fits anywhere!
However, I don't get the stress on stabilizer, it doesn't make a BIG difference, and if you are used to iPhone/iPad, don't expect such touch screen!
on October 27, 2011
I bought this camera when I broke my mothers other Panasonic Lumix. Most of the features are considerably better.

Pros:
Extra Features
Higher Mega Pixels
Good distance pictures
Tons of Settings

Cons:
If you don't set the flash right, room or photos come out either dark/blurry
Hate the touch screen
on June 8, 2010
Great camera, terrific pictures with easy to use settings. Very "pocketable" and therfore accessable at all times. Amazing ability to take low light pics at sunset etc!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 7, 2011
Very nice camera, exellent price, good quality i really recommend this camera, the only problem that i find it was that you can not zoom when you are in videocamera mode. only that. thanks.

See 1 answered question