Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33S 8.1MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black). 8.1-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality 16 x 22-inch prints. 3.6x wide-angle image-stabilized optical zoom; 2.5-inch LCD display. Intelligent Auto Mode with Face Detection and Intelligent Scene Selector. High-Sensitivity mode shoots at an ISO equivalent of 6400; Continuous Autofocus minimizes autofocus time. Stores images on SD memory cards (includes 27MB of internal memory; powered by lithium-ion battery (battery and charger included).
From the Manufacturer
Like the entire 2007 Lumix line, the Lumix DMC-FX33 incorporates Panasonic's revolutionary Intelligent Image Stabilization technologies, and is among the first Panasonic cameras to offer Intelligent Auto Mode, a system which combines Mega Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S) and Intelligent ISO Control with three new features: Face Detection System, Intelligent Scene Selector, and Continuous Autofocus. The camera combines 8.1-megapixel resolution with a 28mm wide-angle Leica DC lens that features 3.6x optical zoom.
The new Intelligent Auto Mode available on the DMC-FX33 includes:
- Intelligent Scene Selector, which automatically selects the appropriate scene mode from the most frequently-used modes such as Portrait, Scenery, Macro, Night Scenery, and Night Portrait;
- the Face Detection System, which helps the camera to focus, set autoexposure, and detects up to 15 human faces, capturing them clearly and brightly; and
- Continuous Autofocus, which allows the camera to maintain focus on the subject without having to press the shutter button halfway, minimizing autofocus time.
Intelligent Image Stabilization, a feature across the entire 2007 Lumix digital camera line, comprises two features: MEGA O.I.S. which helps compensate for the effects of hand-shake, and and Intelligent ISO Control, which takes into account the photo subject is moving and adjusts the ISO setting. Combining these two anti-blur features helps the DMC-FX33 to photograph clear, crisp images.
In addition, the DMC-FX55 and DMC-FX33 features the Venus Engine III, which supports a new High Sensitivity mode that allows images to be shot at a setting of up to ISO 6400. This is sensitive enough to capture subjects in low-light conditions without the need for a flash. Also, the high-speed Burst Shooting mode enables up to seven shots to be taken per second.
Other advanced features include:
What's in the Box
- The DMC-FX55 has a 3-inch LCD screen and the DMC-FX33 comes with a 2.5-inch LCD screen.
- 27MB of built-in memory, perfect for backing up SDHC/SD memory card recording.
- The new Title Edit function allows the inputting of text to provide additional context to images. Additional functions for adding information to photos include the Text Stamp function and the Travel Date function.
- Category Playback sorts images into categories such as portraits, events, baby, etc., to allow for easy playback and creation of slideshows.
- Clipboard function allows the user to hold and retrieve certain images that may be useful on a trip, such as a photo of a map or train schedule.
- The DMC-FX33 is compatible with a marine case for underwater shooting.
- The DMC-FX33 is available in in silver, black, blue, and brown.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33 digital camera, software (Lumix Simple Viewer, PhotofunStudio viewer, ArcSoft Media Impression, ArcSoft Panorama Maker), USB driver, battery charger, battery pack, battery carrying case, AV cable, USB connection cable, AC cable, strap, CD-ROM