Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Panasonic DMC-FX37W 10MP Digital Camera with 5x Wi...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 88% off the $349.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Panasonic DMC-FX37W 10MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (White)
- 10-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality poster-size prints
- 5x wide-angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized zoom lens
- Intelligent Auto Modes include new side portrait and AF tracking
- High Definition video mode
- 50 MB built-in memory; capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||2.5 fps|
|Display Resolution Maximum||230,000|
|Display Size||2.5 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||10.1 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||1,600|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||100|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Type||SD/MMC/SDHC card, Internal|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|Focus Description||TTL autofocus (9-point with face detection)|
|Focus Type||Autofocus Only|
|ISO Range||Auto, Hi Auto (1600-6400), 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Item Dimensions||2.04 x 0.87 x 3.73 inches|
|Item Display Weight||1.25 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.32 pounds|
|Macro Focus Range||5 cm|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8 - F5.9|
|Maximum Focal Length||125 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/2000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||3,648|
|Minimum Focal Length||25 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||60 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||10 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||1.05 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium-Ion rechargeable & charger|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 848 x 480 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30, 10 fps)|
From the Manufacturer
Panasonic's Lumix DMC-FX37 digital camera features a 25mm ultra wide-angle Leica DC lens, enabling users to capture almost double the viewing space at the same shooting distance as compared to 35mm cameras. The 10.1-megapixel FX37, capable of High Definition video recording, also includes a powerful 5x optical zoom while maintaining a sleek, ultra-compact body and expands Intelligent Auto Mode (iA), Panasonics system of intuitive technologies that help you capture better photos.
The FX37 comes with several of Panasonics proprietary features, including the new AF (auto focus) Tracking function, which expands the iA system. AF Tracking automatically tracks the subject in the frame by locking it into focus, making it easier to capture sharp, well-focused photos. With AF Tracking, the FX37 continually monitors the light source and automatically activates the backlight compensation function if it detects that the light source is behind the subject. AF Tracking also increases Face Detection accuracy, allowing for crisp, sharp-focused shots even if the subjects face moves -- or turns to a profile.
When the FX37 is set to iA mode, the following technologies engage automatically; no settings need to be made:
- Intelligent Exposure -- Helps prevents photos from being under- or over-exposed by instantly analyzing the framed image and adjusting the brightness in areas that are too dark because of dim lighting, backlighting or the use of the flash. The camera will automatically adjust the brightness accordingly.
- Digital Red-eye Correction-- This feature helps to eliminate the red-eye problem that sometimes results when taking flash shots at night. Incorporated into the camera, the built-in flash emits a small preliminary flash before the main flash, detects red-eye and will digitally correct it.
- MEGA O.I.S. -- Gyrosensors detect hand-shake and the lens system shifts to compensate, helping to prevent hand-shake from creating a blurry image.
- Intelligent ISO -- Determines if the photo subject is moving and changes the ISO setting and shutter speed accordingly, thus giving a blur-free photo.
- Intelligent Scene Selector -- Senses the ambient conditions, recognizes the shooting environment and will automatically select the appropriate scene mode from: Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait or Night Scenery mode. This intuitive technology helps the consumer use the most common scene modes that are built into the camera, but often go unused, without making any manual adjustments.
- Face Detection -- Detects faces in the frame (up to 15 faces), even if they are moving, and selects optimal focus and exposure settings so portraits come out clear.
- Quick AF (Auto Focus) -- Starts focus on the subject by just pointing the camera at the subject, thus minimizing the AF time.
The new Venus Engine IV supports a faster response time, allowing the Lumix FX37 to shoot 2.5 shots per second at full resolution and six shots per second in High-Speed Burst mode. The shutter release time lag is as short as 0.005 second, making it easier to capture spur-of-the-moment photo opportunities. The high-performance engine enables the camera to shoot up to 310 photos on a single battery charge.
Additional features of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX37 include:
- Image Leveling -- When a captured image "leans" to the right or left because the camera was held at a slight angle when the photo was taken, the Image Leveling function rotates the image to straighten it and crops the unnecessary edges. No computer needed!
- Scene Modes -- The DMC-FX37 offers 25 scene modes to address the unique needs of a variety of shooting situations. The new Pin Hole and Film Grain modes add unique, film camera-like effects and ambiences. Additionally, the Transform mode trims and stretches the image to virtually transform the subject to appear slimmer or stretched wider.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
The flash is weak [manufacturers under-power the flash in order to gain on the "shots per battery charge" scale.].
Hints: In low light, including indoor shots with flash, use the wide angle (zoom out) to make use of the f/2.8 aperture, and you'll get fewer dark underexposed pictures. Stick with ISO 100 and 200. Keep ISO 400 for emergencies, but never go beyond 400. In auto-ISO mode, you can limit the max ISO. You probably read a lot about image noise. Yes, it is there, but you will not see it in 4x6 or 8x10 prints. You won't see it on a typical 20" monitor (12"x16") when viewing the whole image on the screen. You will see it if you view part of the image 1:1, which amounts to close up inspection of a 57"x38" print (assuming the monitor is running at 1024x768). Those wanting 57"x38" prints will be using a medium-format digital back, not this camera anyway. Reduce the resolution to 3 or 5 mp and you'll see less noise (per pixel), and save hard disk space!Read more ›
Camera is 10MP, and has a 5x wide angle zoom. Plenty of MP for most uses and users.
The 5X zoom, while not the smoothest when zooming, the range is really appreciated. From a wide to a nice short tele! Very useful. On of my favorite things to do on vacation is to make "two-fers" self portraits of my wife and I. Not easy to do with most point and shoots, not wide enough to capture people and ambiance. This one fits the bill nicely!
First impressions: Camera is smaller than I had expected. This is a plus. It is the same size dimensionally as the Sony Cybershot T-5 it replaces.Also a plus. It is lighter than the Sony, and does not have that "solid" feeling. I consider this a neutral or slight minus.
Fast on the Draw, acceptable shutter lag from this class of camera (I use a D2X as well). Facial recognition focus seems to work too.
One of the most easy to navigate and use menus I have come across. It is distilled to a bare minimum.
Wish it captured RAW data.
I had been concerned, and started to have buyers remorse before I received the camera when I read some reviews of the predecessor about noise in poorly illuminated settings. This does not seem to be a problem. My abbreviated testing in low light has very acceptable results. (Your mileage may vary of course.)
For the price, this seems to be quite a nice camera for a carry everywhere camera.
Not only does it take incredible pictures with the leica optics, I actually become must more into shooting video on it as it shoots native 720p video. Its amazing! For some example of video I've done please click below, the quality is amazing and thats considering its compressed on Vimeo.
Anyway, its very small, extremely fast, good in all conditions and the video is shoots is amazing! Why this isn't the best selling camera on the market is beyond me. But now you know, so go for it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I had this camera for 1 week and returned it. All of the images between 80-125mm were soft and lacked contrast and detail. Read morePublished on December 29, 2011 by J. Capobianco
This is the second one I have owned. I love light weith and portable I always carry this camera where ever I go! I am never with out it !Published on November 25, 2011 by Loretta L. Powers
Bought this camera two years ago from Amazon as a present to my wife, for $230 at the time. It was discontinued then, it is still discontinued today. Read morePublished on May 11, 2011 by Calijente
This camera is great. It is light enough to carry in a purse all the time so you have it when you need it. Takes great pictures.Published on March 7, 2011 by B. Moore
I need a new camera since my last one broke. I wanted a camera which take picture without delay when I pushed the button. Read morePublished on November 30, 2009 by A. Pesquie
I purchased the Panasonic FX37 because I needed to get a good portable camera for a special vacation trip. Read morePublished on November 19, 2009 by Daniel Chen
The DMC-FX37 is an excellent DSC but its video capabilities are USELESS! Although it boasts the fact it supports 720p video but due to the non-existent compression and the 2GB file... Read morePublished on October 9, 2009 by Lohengrin Percival
Easy to use. Takes nice photos. Does HD video very well, but I have nothing to compare.
I thought the battery life was reasonable. Read more
I wanted a small, shirt-pocket size camera for travel. I love photography and wanted the best possible quality shots without getting into the size, bulk & general baggage of a... Read morePublished on July 21, 2009 by GB