5.0 out of 5 stars perfect
Pictures with this camera are gorgeous!!! I bought it for my mother and she loves the make up thing. and is way to easy to use!
Published 23 months ago by meroda_o

3.0 out of 5 stars A camcorder that takes pics
I suppose that I understand why Panasonic had to make this camera. With everyone using iphones, the touchscreen Idea
Published 19 months ago by J. Capobianco

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, December 7, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX78 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 5x f/2.5 Ultra Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom Lens and 3.5-Inch Touch LCD (Black) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera., July 29, 2013
This is a very good camera,I am very happy with it. Easy to handle and great potos can be taken,the video is great as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Lumix - FX78 12.1 MP Camera, February 23, 2013
This is a very compact and light weight camera and can be carried around in a jacket or shirt pocket. It takes great photos but it is very sensitive to the touch. I find it more difficult to use because of the touch screen. This is a great looking camera and seems to be of good quility.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, July 14, 2014
Love my Lumix....was a great deal. I like the screen quality. I haven't explored it fully; I like to just point and shoot. All is well with camera so far

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have in vehicle, January 31, 2014
I would buy this item again and at the same time recommend it 100% to friends and family as it is easy to handle

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera., January 5, 2014
On sale for $109. Can't beat that price for a great camera . Great pics and hd video is awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera but, December 13, 2013
There is one problem in the movie button is very close to the picture button and I find myself taking movie by accident! I just wish i could disable the movie part of the camera. Good pictures & easy operation except for the above comment.

3.0 out of 5 stars A camcorder that takes pics, March 12, 2013
seems to make sense. I bought a new display model from Mike's camera on Ebay for $39! so I couldn't wait to try it out against my Zs5 and fx500. I have to start by saying that I hate holding this camera(there is nothing to grip)glass on the back and smooth plastic on the front. The battery door is the most fragile I have ever seen on any camera, be careful. I examined the pics and video and here is what I found; there is not a uniform image, 3/4 of the way across the image there are soft spots, but the edges and center are fine?? at 120mm it is a bit soft(just like the fx500)they share a similar lens design. The lens also has a flair issue, the coatings and quality control are not up to Leica's high standard. The ZS5 is in another league and much sharper. Video is this little guy's shining spot, videos are smooth, Hi res, and you can zoom during filming. Video is the only reason I am keeping it, the LCD user interface, image and built quality are not for serious shooters. This shouldn't be in their FX line, it just doesn't meet that quality standard.

Update-sold this camera. I really couldn't take the poor picture performance, most cell phones do better. Battery life was also terrible.
Won't miss it. Got $65 for it, paid $39.

4.0 out of 5 stars Screen a little clunky to navigate, but..., September 2, 2013
...the price is definitely right, and the photos are top notch. I'll assume that the price is dropping (dropped) on this because of the screen interface. And it *does* take a little getting used to, and with my large fingers, it's not always the easiest thing to do.

That said, the price for a camera like this is right, and the photos are outstanding. You'll get used to the interface. You'll love the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Touch screen. Good concept, bad execution., August 19, 2013
Camera works fine but the settings are not intuitive and the manual is an inch thick. Takes decent pictures but isn't our go to camera for quick pictures on the go which is what it was purchased for.