5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera
My previous camera was an Olympus I had for more than 5 years. I simply cannot believe the technological advances since that time. I read a lot of reviews before selecting this camera for general use on vacations and portraits, but the clincher is the speed, focus and sensitivity for bird pictures.
The camera is so versatile that you will need to use all the...
Published 8 months ago by Alex Smythers

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids - can not enlarge beyond 8x10
Nice body - easy to hand on to. OK for Macro shots - good zoom.
But the quality of the photos are poor. I use an tripod different ISO's..tried many different solutions.

8x10 is the largest you can go

I have many cameras - my Cannon G5 (6 megapixel) I was able to blow up beyond 16x20 and have it crisp and solid

this camera is good...
Published 29 days ago by MaryAnne - Toronto Canada

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, December 17, 2013
Alex Smythers (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 12.1 MP Digital Camera with CMOS Sensor and 24x Optical Zoom - Black (Electronics)
The camera is so versatile that you will need to use all the resources to take advantage of it. Go to youtube and look at the Graham Houghton videos before you decide. Then take careful notes to carry with you in the field. Also visit his web site and download his flashcard tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Camera, April 27, 2014
I am a photographer and bought this as a walk around camera. I wanted something that had a good zoom range as I was tired of missing shots out in nature because I had to change lenses. This camera has exceeded my expectations. I dare say some of the images are as good as what comes out of my DSLR. It is very easy to use and produces nice quality pictures. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. Don't hesitate to buy this ... you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Selling my DSLR, June 11, 2014
W. Jordan (Mechanicsburg, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I like this camera so much, I'm selling my DSLR equipment because I'm not likely to use it much now. With it's versatility of a 25-600mm lens and the ability to maintain the 2.8 aperture throughout the range, this camera allows me to get pretty much any shot I want to get. Still working on it for birds in flight, but I suspect that'll be hit-and-miss much like the DSLR is. I have printed up to 13x19 prints (the largest my printer will support) from shots make with the FZ200, and I'd challenge anyone to identify the size of the sensor they came from.

I used to carry my DSLR with the 100-300 lens for wildlife shots, and my back would hurt by the time I quit. I can carry the FZ200 literally all day, and not feel a thing. And the reach is far greater than any DSLR lens I could afford or would want to carry.

This camera is great for anyone who simply likes to take pictures, though I don't think you'd have any trouble selling shots from it either, as long as you don't try to print a billboard. Shortcomings are well-documented in reviews, so I try to shoot at the base 100 iso when possible and not extend beyond 400, though some test shots I took at 800 looked fine to me, so I wouldn't hesitate to use it if it allowed me to get the shot.

Really nice camera overall, and lots of info on web on how to get the most from it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids - can not enlarge beyond 8x10, July 24, 2014
Nice body - easy to hand on to. OK for Macro shots - good zoom.

8x10 is the largest you can go

this camera is good for kids.

The guy at the Lumix boot at a Photography show, actually turned his back on me and walked away when I asked which would be the largest print I could produce from this camera

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera with operational limitations., August 19, 2014
Am still getting to know this camera. Bought it for its 48x zoom and small size to use for bird photography. In truth, it is only a 24x optical zoom. Any zooming beyond that is digital and gives you digitized (noisy) pictures. But, it functions as a nature macro pretty nicely (bees on flowers, etc). And, if the birds are cooperative and you can get up close (a friend shoots birds in trees from his home office out an open window with this camera and gets awesome pics) (and also has learned how to sneak up on herons and egrets early in the morning and has gotten professional quality shots). Colors are very rich and definition is strong. The Leica lens can get you some great shots. But it really has its limitations, like refusing to respond when you try to adjust the zoom. Sometimes have to turn camera off and on. Operationally, it can be a pain. Don't buy this thinking its a camera you can just throw in your suitcase and use for everything right off. You have to play with it and learn its abilities and limitations. Spend time with it. I have given it 4 stars because when it works, its fantastic, especially for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars The pictures this camara is giving me are wonderful - exactly what I was looking for (speed and ..., July 23, 2014
The pictures this camara is giving me are wonderful - exactly what I was looking for (speed and zoom). I only point and shoot - so I'm sure it can do much much more and I will have to spend some time learning what it does. This camera is a little heavier than what I am used to. And the only thing I don't like is that I am tied to my computer to learn since they do not provide a hard copy manual. Both of these "complaints" are probably no big deal to someone who already knows/understands all about photography.

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Disappointment, June 30, 2014
I have an older model FZ50. I thought I was upgrading when i bought the FZ200, the camera is full of new features Like 3D,HDR and panorama pictures, etc. but the quality of the pictures is not what i expected. I find my FZ50 takes better pictures. The 10 Megapixels of the FZ200 camera 3x2 pictures look great on the LCD screen but when you see them on your computer you realize they have a lot of noise, they lack detail, they are grainy compared to my FZ50 with 8.5 Megapixels. I tested both cameras with same settings, same flash, same subject. but even before I did, the difference in detail was completely noticeable. All the new features are useless to me if the pictures are grainy. I have gone back to my older camera, and the kids have an expensive new toy. I think I even detected chromatic aberration towards the edges of the pictures. its awful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, December 12, 2013
Fast shipping. Great price. The camera takes really high quality photos all the features are really nice. Very pleased with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars A couple weeks, June 21, 2014
Great camera , but a littler noisy even at base ISO. Lots of features that all work well!! Glad I got one :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars expected this one to be as good, and most definitely is, July 25, 2014
Had an older Panasonic model, expected this one to be as good, and most definitely is. Still learning to use the multitude of functions it has, some I'm sure I'll never need, but they are there if that level of expertise is desired.
One great camera!