5.0 out of 5 stars Compared with GF1 and GH2
I own the GF1 and GH2 so I'll be comparing with those two cameras. I like the rangefinder-like body but as with using a camera, the photos and image quality comes above all. That's the reason why I use my GH2 more often than the GF1. But now with the GX1, it seems like Panasonic is finally able to put GH2 capability into a GF1 body. That's something I've been looking...
Published on December 29, 2011 by Parka

1.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, when it works. Terrible terrible customer service
I should get a few things in the open first:

I haven't actually gotten to play with the RAW images yet. There's still no RAW codec for OSX yet. I don't know who's fault that is. I do know that the included software is rather pathetic and slow. As in, 10 hours to convert 200 pictures. Something is seriously wrong there.

The JPEGS I've played with all...
Published on February 28, 2012 by Dani J. Page

‹ Previous | 15 6 715 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good micro 4/3 camera if you catch a sale., August 10, 2014
I purchase mine in amazon warehouse for 200 dollars.

I like this camera, it is light and fairly small and focus fast, deliver very good image quality, has a good amount of configurations and options but it has only a drawback for me and it is that you only can turn off the screen when you plug the external, uncomfortable and expensive view finder. Tuch screen is not that great in this camera but that is not a big deal for me.

This is only an inconvenient when you work at night and you dont want to get blinded by the screen light or when you don't want nobody to notice in streets at night that the camera is turned on. After all, when working with fixed lenses you learn to aim your camera with out using the screen or the external, uncomfortable and expensive view finder.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this camera!, March 31, 2014
I bought this as a factory refurbish at a steep discount. I already own a GF2 and could not miss the opportunity to get the uprated model. The OS is more complex, although of the same logic, and the camera has many more operational features that require some study to become proficient with. So far the pictures have not disappointed. JPGs are good, and I have raw files to play with.
I am committed to the 4/3 equipment due to it's small size and capable performance.
Panasonic is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Lumix, November 19, 2013
GX (United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The GX1 is a great camera for the price. Paired with the 20mm Panasonic lens it's a small, lightweight M4/3 that will blow away most point and shoot cameras (except perhaps this Sony [ASIN:B0097CXFCC Sony DSC-RX1/B Cyber-shot Full-frame Digital Camera]] which is 10X the price.

- Fast focus for M4/3 although nowhere close to a true DSLR
- Dynamic range: Great for M4/3, better than the GF1, probably the biggest difference in image quality compared to a DSLR
- Size & Weight: Absolutely Excellent
- Manual Controls: Great, easy to use

Cons: The 5 point bracketing along with the 10 second self timer didn't work in the firmware version I had. This used to work in the GF1 and appeared to be removed which caused some issues if you wanted multiple unshaken exposures without a tripod.

The 20MM was fast enough to not cause me to crave Olympus IBIS, but it was nice to see this feature added into the GX7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera from a great seller!, November 19, 2013
After nearly a year of working with this camera, I must say it's one of the best performance packages I have ever worked with.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Camera, October 6, 2013
This camera is perfect in every respect. Very simple to use, plenty of Panasonic lens and on line information to choose from.....

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love My GX1, September 13, 2013
I wanted something lighter than my DSLR but more oomph than a pocket camera. This is where my Lumix GX1 comes in. I have not carried anything since other than my iPhone 5. The quality of my photos has improved and I would recommend this to everyone. The price was great and I really love how light it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice camera !, September 13, 2013
It is pretty good !It is easy to carry ,The way of using is very easy.I love it very much .

5.0 out of 5 stars small pkg, great camera, August 19, 2013
M. Lafferty "teknodoc" (Bonaire, GA United States) - See all my reviews
after learning to shoot a phone camera, the jump was no big deal. put on good lens and poof you have a great package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ergonomics, reasonable sensor, June 28, 2013
The handling of the camera is very good. Much better than the GF2. Also much better than the Canon T2i/T3i due to the use of a touchscreen. Focusing is quick and accurate. So is face detection and exposure correction whenever a face is detected. White balance is quite accurate (I always shoot RAW, so it's easy to correct in Lightroom later). The image quality is what it is. That is, it is reasonably decent but nowhere near the good results of the Olympus OM-D sensor made by Sony. Only use it up to 800 ISO. On the other hand, right now, the price is one fifth of that of the Olympus. This is unbeatable and it is a really really good addition to the Micro Four Thirds stable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent images + Premium build quality = Great Camera, May 24, 2013
I purchased the GX1 + the 14-42 "x" series motorized lens + the 45-175 "x" series motorized zoom lens and all 3 pieces are excellent choices.

The GX1 is built like a luxury item, the body is very high quality metal and has a nice finish. There are all the usual functions you'd expect on a quality full size DSLR but packaged in a smaller body.

I'm loving the programmable "F" buttons on the back of the camera, there are 2 hard buttons and two more available on the touch screen. I've got one of them set to allow me to toggle through the ISO settings, another is set to toggle through the digital zoom mode (Off, 2x, 4x) so I can easily access these features without having to wade through the menu.

There are several burst modes you can play around with and I've found the ULTRA FAST FOCUS and the burst modes allow me to follow fast action Saber Fencing bouts with ease, something that was impossible to do with a Point & Shoot camera.

Both lenses that I purchased are the premium Lumix "x" series which feature motorized zoom. The zoom is SILENT so you don't get any noise when you are using the camera in video mode. The only complaint I've got is the placement of the zoom switch, its just a little too high on the side of each lens (about the 2 o'clock position). I find that I use the manual zoom ring on the longer lens, while I use the electric zoom on the super compact 14-42 lens.

‹ Previous | 15 6 715 | Next ›