Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 21-30 of 38 questions
votes
Try to buy it, and if you can the shipping is available :D
Mar 5, 2013 by Santiago Otondo
votes
On Ebay, I think you'll find the LX3 is cheaper. On Amazon, a new LX3 is hard to find since it's a much older model. Also, the LX7 just came out so they are lowering the price of the LX5 to get rid of the stock. Once it's gone, the price will go back up.
Dec 5, 2012 by El Tombo
votes
If you don't mind doing some post-processing on the pictures you take, here's a way: Adjust the camera to take pictures in RAW mode, then use the Silkypix application (provided on the CDROM that came with the camera) on your PC to read/adjust/save the RAW image. That way, you can surely get rid of the yellow tint. Hope this helps.
May 9, 2012 by MU
votes
Hi hipertec; Just a novice here, but I have researched the purple streak issue and it seems it's not a defect. The fastest way to get it explained is a quick keyword search on youtube and they even show/explain what settings to use to get rid of it. It is also dealt with on pg 207 in the pdf version of Photographer's Guide to the Panasonic Lumix LX5: Getting the Most from Panasonic's Advanced Digital Camera. Hope this helps :)
Jan 8, 2012 by Desert Gypsy
votes
votes
I think you'll find the firmware upgrade released 9-13-11 helps with at least the first two issues above. See my separate discussion for more info about the upgrade.
Sep 27, 2011 by Man in the Middle
votes
Yes. The LX5 has various "film modes" such as grain, soft skin, miniature effect (in firmware release 2.0), time lapse in movies (again with firmware 2.0), grainy BW, dynamic BW. It also has many scene modes that work well. J
Oct 11, 2011 by J. Moro
votes
Has muliple color and b/w options, including retro,elegant, dynamic. Thye are fun to work thru. Not an interchageable lens but the one it has is a Leica with f2 and takes great natural light shots and is a useable zoom. I have several Nikon DSLR's including D200, D90, D700 and the LX5 is my go everywhere camera now. Slip in the pocket and it can take just about everything.
Aug 28, 2011 by W. Shofner
votes
I used the LX5 at a recent concert and couldn't be happier. I set it so that I had the extended optical zoom, and I turned off the annoying (and telltale) red auto-focus light.
May 16, 2011 by Livin' in L.A.
votes
LX5 is definitely solid. It feels very well made. (I've had mine for about a month -- I love handling it.)
Feb 23, 2011 by Yehuda
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers