Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 31-40 of 40 questions
votes
LX5 is definitely solid. It feels very well made. (I've had mine for about a month -- I love handling it.)
Feb 23, 2011 by Yehuda
votes
We had trouble with our LX5 zoom from day one. It was choppy. It completely froze after 2 months of use. Sent it back to Panasonic for repairs insured at our expense. It should be back soon. Will let you know if it is working better. It should be excellent or we will send it back at their expense.
Apr 17, 2011 by Bonnie Allen
votes
Press the image display button BEFORE turning it on. It will turn on in display mode, and the lens cap can stay on.
Jan 24, 2011 by D. Eilenberger
votes
I got mine from Amazon.com and it didn't come with a warranty card either, just a registration card. The box wasn't sealed, but I don't think Panasonic does that anyway. I really can't remember the clock preset, but the location was (if I am not mistaken) NY too. I am pretty sure that my Panasonic box wasn't opened before. I wouldn't be able to tell you that if your box was opened or not, but it is definetly not a "FACTORY" refurbished one since the camera just came out. Oh, before I forget, lens cap strap was in a plastic bag taped to an other plastic bag (I almost didnt see it!). Good luck...
Sep 20, 2010 by Alps
votes
It's available in Europe, and in black at some US retailers (J & R, for example).
Aug 31, 2010 by T. Rix
votes
Hi, I wrote a review here..already pretty much comparing these two cameras as I have both. To repeat a bit, they are both REALLY good cameras. Obviously the EX1 or TL-500 in USA has that swing out BEAUTIFUL BRIGHT amoled screen...so it's a useful feature the LX5 does not have. If you want to snap pictures quickly..the LX5 is the clear winner. The Samsung is VERY slow to write even a jpeg to the sd card. It doesn't bother me..but it's too bad. To my eyes overall the LX5 will give you sharper pictures..deeper colors. The TL-500 seems to be a little less impressive color wise, but actually MORE accurate and skin tones look better most of the time on the TL-500 without a lot of fuss. Overall Auto White balance..winner is the TL500. LX5 does HD video..TL500 does not so...that's a a difference. Build quality..a slight edge to the TL500 it's the best built camera I have ever owned. NOTHING wrong with the LX5 build though it's up against a 10!. Lens...I definitely see that the TL500 maybe due to it's faster lens, 1.8, really will get you brighter pictures at same iso. The TL500 does weird stuff that MAY drive you nuts. It isn't really written anywhere but you will find some modes Grey out other features. For example, if you choose to shoot raw with the TL500 Face detection is no longer available. That's just one example...there are a lot of different features that don't work when you use certain modes..big advantage to the LX5. Overall refinement goes to LX5. I think image stabilization is slightly better on LX5. HOWEVER at the end of the day..I may actually like the TL500 pictures more especially if you are shooting people, than the LX5. The TL500 has a tendency to produce more clipped highlights than the LX5. For me even though seems I keep saying the LX5 is better in many areas I REALLY like my TL500 and can't part with it. It IS less expensive...and you will love it's overall color accuracy. I say get a second job and buy both. :) Seriously it's almost a toss up..guess if I HAD to choose with a gun to my head I'd go with the LX5. Hope this helps...JUST my opinion..
Oct 7, 2010 by Radio Man
votes
Sure. Just purchase the Apple camera adapter kit. Then insert the SD card into the adapter, which inserts into the iPad, and almost magically your images are transferred to the iPad. Really quick and easy
May 14, 2011 by Odyssey
votes
I just wrote a review on this very subject. Hopefully it will be approved shortly. Either way, here's what I said on why I chose the Panasonic over the Canon: Buying this camera involved the really hard choice between this camera and the also (apparently) excellent Canon S95. Both are 10MP compact cameras but the Canon is even smaller and lighter weight, so it begs the question, "Why buy this instead of the Canon?" I often use my compact camera as a video solution too. While I have a nice dedicated digital camcorder (the Canon Vixia HF100), when I only want to carry around one camera and take lots of good quality stills as well as video, I need a camera that does both well. This camera has two things in particular that put its video suitability for me ahead of the Canon. First is that it has a dedicated video button; mash the button, start taking video. No need to put the dial into some special mode before you can start shooting video. That makes it even more likely that you will take videos and you will capture the right moments when you do. Second is that it allows the use of zoom while recording video. The inability to zoom into something or out from something to capture the bigger picture is a crazy limitation that many compacts like the S95 and my older Lumix LZ10 have. Often it's to keep lens noise off of the audio on the recording but really, shouldn't that be my decision whether I'm willing to live with that or not. In the end, Panasonic seems to have settled on the compromise of just making the zoom be slower during video so you don't end up with lens noise. Having just had the pleasure of using this camera for a five day vacation in New York City I can say that I am super pleased with the results. Low light results were fantastic for such a small camera. I basically left the flash off for the entire trip and got plenty of shots in restaurants, bars, stores, and even Radio City Music Hall that would have been a grainy mess with my old Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ10 or I could have gotten OK with my Canon Rebel XT but I would have been lugging around something that was five times the bulk and twice (or more) the weight. This slipped nicely into the pocket of my coat and got me great shot after great shot. As some people wiser than me have said, the best camera of all is the camera you actually have with you. Note how fast the lens is even at the top end of it's range: 3.3. That's as fast at the top end of its range as the kit lens that came with my Rebel XT is at the bottom of its zoom range and faster than the one on the Canon S95 at the top end of its range as well. That additional light helps make for better pictures. Note: There are some caveats you should know. First is that there are some tools like Google's Picasa that do not support as of Dec 2011 the RAW image format of the LX5. Adobe Lightroom 3 had no problem with them though. Likewise the AVCHD Lite format it uses for recording video is not yet supported by all tools either. While I've been able to play all of the video with ease using VLC, I think if I needed to edit the video I'd have to first convert it to a different format before iMovie would be able to work with it. Also worth noting is that it is not a great pocket camera if your idea of a pocket is your jeans pocket. Because the lens is outside the body of the camera, it is bulkier than a tiny compact like the S95. However it is plenty small enough to fit easily in a jacket pocket, a purse, or just carry in your hand without ever being annoying.
Dec 9, 2010 by John M. Munsch
votes
Unfortunately I cannot answer your question as I do not use an optical viewfinder. However, you may want to pose your question to specialty camera stores like B & H Photo: http://www.bhphotovideo.com B&H Photo 800.606.6969 or contact Panasonic directly: http://shop.panasonic.com/support/?support=y 1-800-211-PANA (7262)
Jun 16, 2013 by Fehsinger
votes
This camera is awesome. It does not have this feature; However there are WiFi SD cards that claim to permit any camera to do this, so using one of these WiFi SD cards may permit you to do that.
Mar 25, 2015 by Rodolfo Rodriguez
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers