From the Manufacturer
LUMIX SZ5 WI-FI® CAPABLE DIGITAL COMMUNICATION CAMERA
The LUMIX DMC-SZ5, a slim and compact digital camera which features 10x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 25-250mm) and integrates Wi-Fi connectivity to allow for quick file sharing while at home or on-the-go. Marrying the conventional digital camera experience with Wi-Fi capability allows users to connect the LUMIX SZ5 directly to a smartphone device and easily shoot and share photos.
Wi-Fi CONNECTIVITY BUILT IN FOR SMARTPHONE CONNECTIVITY
The LUMIX SZ5 integrates Wi-Fi connectivity so that users can enjoy flexible shooting style and instant imaging sharing. The LUMIX SZ5 can be connected directly to a smartphone device by using it as a wireless router, which eliminates the need to of searching for a Wi-Fi hotspot. With the LUMIX LINK application, for iOS/Android smartphone devices, users can utilize remote shooting, which allows them to place the LUMIX SZ5 at a shooting position and monitor what the lens is seeing live from their smartphone device at 30 fps (frames per second). Users also have the ability to zoom, set focus position, shoot and playback images directly from their smartphone screen using the app. Additionally, users can tag location information to images by utilizing the GPS (Global Positioning System) log of a smartphone and share it with their preferred SNS (Social Network Service).
ADVANCED LEICA OPTICAL PERFORMANCE
In addition to the camera’s ease-of-use for connected consumers, the LUMIX SZ5 boasts exceptional optical performance, producing images with stunning clarity imagery in a slim and compact camera body. A 25mm ultra wide-angle LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens system with powerful, 10x optical zoom excels in shooting both dynamic landscapes with wide-angle views and up-close subjects. With Intelligent Resolution Technology, the Intelligent Zoom feature extends the cameras zoom ratio up to 20x the equivalent while maintaining crisp picture quality. Sonic Speed AF (Auto Focus) helps users capture even the most fleeting photo opportunities.
14.1 MEGAPIXEL CCD
The 14.1 megapixel CCD sensor and Venus Engine processes high-quality images in both photo and video recording
HD VIDEO RECORDING
The LUMIX SZ5 records dynamic HD video in 1280x720 at 30p in MP4*1 format which can be played back directly on a PC or other portable electronics device without the need to convert the file. A dedicated video button allows users to quickly switch between photo mode and video recording.
To help ensure the LUMIX SZ5 is easy to use, the digital camera features Panasonic’s popular iA (Intelligent Auto) mode. In iA mode, a suite of technologies are automatically engaged and the camera chooses the best setting based on the shooting environment. For instance, iA includes Face Detection, AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure. Furthermore, the Auto Retouch function automatically adjusts the contrast and brightness to give any photo a different impression with the touch of a button.
OPTICAL IMAGE STABILIZER
MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) helps to suppress handshake which often occurs when shooting using high zoom.
ADD CREATIVE EFFECTS TO YOUR PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
The LUMIX SZ5 also features special effects to enhance the shooting experience and create fun photo options. In Miniature Effect mode, the peripherals are defocused while saturation and contrast is emphasized to make the picture look like a diorama. Video recorded in Miniature Effect mode is played back in 10x fast-forwarding, making it comical and fun to watch*2. Panorama Shot makes it possible to shoot a horizontal or vertical panoramic image by taking consecutive shots and then overlaying the photos for the effect of a panoramic photo.
ARCHIVE YOUR IMAGES WHILE CHARGING THE BATTERY
The new LUMIX SZ5 makes archiving images as simple as charging the camera’s battery. Both photo and video, in their original size, can be archived to registered digital equipment, like a PC or compliant Panasonic AV equipment, automatically via a home’s wireless router when the camera’s battery is being charged, eliminating the need to eject and re-insert the camera’s SD Memory Card or connect the camera to a computer via USB cable.
LUMIX CLUB AND SOCIAL NETWORK SHARING
Users can also save photos to the Panasonic exclusive cloud service, “LUMIX CLUB” and easily transfer images to Facebook™, Flickr™, Picasa™, Twitter™ or YouTube™. The LUMIX SZ5’s Wi-Fi function also allows for playback of images on DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance)-compliant VIERA HDTV’s*3.
- Large, 3-inch Intelligent LCD screen with High Angle Mode that automatically adjusts the backlight based on the environment’s lighting
- USB power charging in addition to the conventional AC power supply
- LUMIX Image Uploader
*1 Motion pictures in [MP4] can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB.
• Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos.
•SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing
*2 Sound will not be recorded with [MINIATURE EFFECT] and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long.)
*3Wireless access point (router) is required
• Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.
• The LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company's quality standards.
• Android and Google Play are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
• DLNA, the DLNA Logo and DLNA CERTIFIED are trademarks, service marks, or certification marks of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
• Wi-Fi is a registered trademark or trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
• Facebook® is a trademark of Facebook Inc.
• Flickr is a registered trademark or trademark of Yahoo! Inc.
• Picasa is a registered trademark or trademark of Google Inc.
• The Twitter name and logos are trademarks of Twitter, Inc
• YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
•Other names of systems and products mentioned in these instructions are usually the registered trademarks or trademarks of the manufacturers who developed the system or product concerned.
• This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
• Some accessories are not available in some countries.
• The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
• Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.