Start watching your favorite high-definition movies almost instantly with the Panasonic DMP-BD65 Blu-ray Disc player, which features an ultra-fast 2-second boot time. You'll also enjoy BD-Live and Panasonic's VIERA Cast functionality for accessing Internet video content thanks to the Ethernet port and Wireless LAN capability (DY-WL10 wireless LAN adapter sold separately).
It also includes both a USB port and a Secure Digital (SD) memory card slot, making it easy for you to view and share both digital still images and HD video recorded with an HD camcorder in the AVCHD format. Other features include compatibility with a wide variety of disc formats (including standard DVD movie discs), Energy Star certification, and Panasonic's VIERA Link function--allowing you to operate multiple audio/video components using a single remote via HDMI. Additionally, Panasonic's lineup of 2010 BD Players are designed to reduce power consumption and also feature a slimmer, more efficient design to reduce packaging waste.
- High-quality image processing via PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus technology for clear and vibrant color reproduction that is faithful to the original film (learn more).
- High-definition audio decoder (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio Essential) takes advantage of the 7.1 channel surround sound now incorporated in Blu-ray Discs.
- VIERA Link utilizes HDMI to enable control all VIERA Link combatable products with one remote.
- SD memory card slot enables you to play your photos and movies taken with digital cameras and camcorders by just sliding in an SD memory card into the SD slot.
What's in the Box
BD Player, remote control (with batteries), power cord, operating instructions
VIERA Cast Online Content
Panasonic's VIERA Cast service allows you to stream movies, TV shows and music from a variety of sources without the need of either an external box or a PC. Powered up with Netflix and Amazon Instant Video, you can also access YouTube, Picasa, Bloomberg, and other Internet sites from the special VIERA Cast screen. And as additional sites are added to the 2010 VIERA Cast service, they are added automatically. You'll need to be connected to your home network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi (using an optional Wireless LAN adapter).
- Wireless LAN system: Ready with optional adapter
- 3:2/2:2 Pull-down progressive processing: Yes
- Up-conversion to 1080p playback: Yes
- Video D/A converter: 148.5MHz/12bit
- Digital noise reduction: 3D-NR/ Integrated NR
- Deep Color: Yes
- x.v.Color: Yes
- Picture mode: Yes (Normal/Soft/Fine/Cinema/User)
- Picture adjustment: Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, Gamma Correction
- Dolby Digital Plus/ Dolby TrueHD: Decode and Bitstream output
- Audio D/A converter: 192kHz/24bit
- Dialog enhancer: Yes
- Audio/JPEG navigation menu: Yes
- Dimensions: 16.95 x 1.95 x 8.2 inches
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- HDMI output
- Component video output (Y, PB, PR)
- SD memory card slot
- USB port
- Analog audio output (2-channel)
- Digital audio output (optical)
- BD-ROM: BD-Live, BONUSVIEW
- BD-RE / BD-RE DL: Version3; JPEG
- BD-R/ BD-R DL: Version2
- DVD-ROM: DVD Video disc
- DVD-RAM: DVD-VR; JPEG; AVCHD
- DVD-R/-R DL/-RW: DVD Video; DVD-VR; AVCHD; JPEG; MP3
- DVD+R/+R DL/+RW: DVD Video; AVCHD
- CD: CD audio disc
- CD-R/-RW: CD audio; MP3; JPEG
- SD memory card: AVCHD; MPEG2; JPEG
- USB: MP3; JPEG
The DMP-BD65 employs the PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus. Developed in collaboration with Panasonic Hollywood Laboratory, this high image processing technology reproduces clear, vivid colors that are faithful to the original film.
Panasonic's Blu-ray Disc players employ high precision 4:4:4 signal technology, which working in tandem with PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus processes each pixel of the Blu-ray Disc video signal in the horizontal direction to compliment vertical direction processing. P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) is another technology that contributes to the superior picture quality of the Blu-ray players. P4HD processes more than 15 billion pixels per second and applies the optimal processing to every pixel.
Panasonic's Blu-ray Disc players further utilize 16-level motion detection to categorize the image motion of each pixel into one of 16 levels; diagonal processing to detect diagonals and correct the pixels accordingly; 1080p up-conversion to up-convert content recorded in the 480i/p or 720p format to 1080p.
This Blu-ray Disc player also provides 1080/24p output, reproducing cinema images from a Blu-ray Disc and DVD in their original 24p form with no need for conversion--enabling you to enjoy cinema images in the same format used in cinema with a 1080/24p-compatible TV.
Complimenting the HD audio codecs, the BD65 Blu-ray Disc player features 96kHz surround re-master, a function that enhances the sound quality of CDs and other sources, and even improves the quality of the multi-channel audio data on Blu-ray Discs and DVDs.