Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Showing 1-10 of 85 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on May 25, 2011
This is a nice unit, but if you want it to run Netflix you are out of luck. Even though there is a Netflix button on the remote and the box the unit comes in shows Netflix capabilities it will not stream Netflix. Panasonic tech support says this is a know issue with this model...they have known about this problem for months and have yet to resolve the issue. I sent my unit back to amazon...they were great with the return process.
on May 23, 2011
After using the player for a few days I have decided that I do NOT like this player. It will NOT play AVI files, It will not play anything on a USB drive that I can find, I cannot log into a drive on my computer. It is very picky about formats it will play. It you want a user friendly machine this isn't it. I have a LG Blu-ray player that is much easier to network, but it doesn't have the latest bells and whistles and doesn't play the Amazon Prime videos. I'm still looking for an up to date machine that will play most video formats and will network to all the video files on my computer!
on January 10, 2012
I had the unit for about 3 weeks now, but I will return it. Nice looking unit, and blu-ray playback, sound etc. are good. But I experienced the very same problem with Netflix streaming, that many others describe in their reviews here, and on other blogs and sites: black 'flicker/flashes/fade' when streaming. Sometimes only once every few minutes, sometimes 5, 6 times a minute. Very annoying. Panasonic support (Pretty hard to understand. I guess India?) has no resolution to offer. A 'known problem'..
We tried a brandnew router (linksys e4200v2) and even hard-wired ethernet connections to the 20 MBit/s broadband gateway - no success. And my other unit, a Sony 570, is streaming perfectly in the same setup.
The verdict:
If streaming content is important for you: avoid this unit!
If you only/primarily watch blu-ray movies: A good choice, quiet, fast etc.
on August 4, 2012
I am comparing three players for you, Panasonic DMP-BDT210, Panasonic DMP-BDT220, and Sony BDP-S590.

For all 3 players, everything worked great on each- picture and sound are fantastic, and all the menus are very intuitive. The up-conversion for DVD's to 1080p produced excellent pictures on all 3 - not as sharp as Blu-ray, but still much better than my old DVD player. Blu-ray was fantastic, and my "Avatar 3D" movie was phenomenal on all 3 - I would say just as good as when I saw it in 3D at the movie theater.

However, I am giving each of them 2 stars because of the headaches I had to deal with, some features not working, and/or noise.

Panasonic DMP-BDT210:
One day, before I bought the latter two (Panasonic DMP-BDT220, and Sony BDP-S590), I finally got around to trying the 2D to 3D conversion, and no signal was output to the TV at all when I selected this option with either DVD or Blu-ray discs, and after numerous calls to Panasonic (and hearing garbage that the problem must not be with their player, but with my TV), it was finally determined that my player was defective. Because I was out of the return period, but still within warranty, I had to send it back to Panasonic and had to pay about $20 for shipping. (I will try all features on my electronics from now on before the return period runs out!) The 2D to 3D finally worked on DVD's, but not Blu-ray (still get no signal to my TV with Blu-ray-I GIVE UP!). For the DVD conversion, it works! Not as well as an original 3D, but does work!

Panasonic DMP-BDT220:
So, I bought the Panasonic DMP-BDT220 and figured I would put the 210 in my bedroom when I got it back. Well, the 2D to 3D did indeed work on DVD's but not Blu-rays. (Seems to be an issue with all Panasonic players, I am assuming.) So, I called Panasonic again, and after getting the run-around again, I just decided to return it.

Sony BDP-S590:
So, I bought the Sony BDP-S590. The machine is very noisy. I thought it might stop humming after the disc was loaded, but it kept on humming. In addition, I could not get the 2D to 3D conversion to work, even after I installed updates. The picture was blurry with all colors was off. So, I called Sony and they said the issue was with my TV (sound familiar?) but it worked on the 210 and 220 with a DVD with no problems, and I decided to give up on this one and just return it, too.
on May 14, 2011
My experience with this purchase, unlike anything I have purchased in the past from Amazon, was very disappointing and frustrating. Upon hooking up the Panasonic Blue-ray Disc Player Model No. DMP-BDT210, I soon discovered that it would not play 3D Movies. The movies that I was attempting to play came from Panasonic included with the purchase of two separate 3D eye-glass packages I continually got a message, "copyright violation". I checked their online support for this problem, someone had already asked this question, which led me to believe that this was not a singular situation. Their response was that the disk probably had a scratch or fingerprint smudge on it, and that was the problem. For my part, the disks I was attempting to play were brand new and just opened from the package. There were no scratches or fingerprint smudges on them. When I called tech support the first time, after holding quite awhile, I was told that someone would call me back and given a case number. I called tech support again the next day, after not receiving any call-back, and they were again, unresponsive--I will mention here that in no was was I ever even slightly rude or inconsiderate of the person I was speaking to--telling me, once more, that someone would call me, or that I should try to call the television tech support, which in my opinion is a classic, "run-around"! At this point, I have tried to troubleshoot every possible solution I can think of, and I am not unfamiliar with electronics or technology, taking up hours of my time! Needless to say, I am throughly frustrated and disappointed with Panasonic's lack of consideration or concern for their customers, and feel the best solution to my situation at this point is to return this item!!!!
I would advise any potential customers who are considering the purchase of this product or any product requiring tech support from Panasonic to think again!
on December 11, 2011
So Blu-ray players are finally getting up to par with general expectations. The menu is simplified, attractive and easy to navigate. Loading times are as fast as my 2006 progressive scan DVD player (6 seconds or less) and DVD upscaling looks as good as it can. I got the player connected in two minutes and the player was updated automatically. This player is a good investment because of its 3D conversion which isn't a standard yet.

EDIT: Just wanted to make one last acknowledgement. The Touch sensor, poorly located on the top of the unit is set off very easily and will turn on the unit when activated. This feature can be deactivated in the settings menu so no stars will be subtracted from my rating.

Update 1/6/2014: I am altering my review to 2 stars due to the premature lifespan of the player. A little over two years after purchasing the HDMI output signal died and the player is no longer functional. Like the majority of Blu-ray players there is no HD component input (only standard composite) so there is no alternate I can use to receive an HD picture. Panasonic customer service was helpful but expensive due to an expired warranty costing $170 to replace with a refurbished model, despicable considering I can buy a new 3D player at less than half the price. Recent inquiry of this product led me to discover others experiencing similar problems with this player synonymously in the same time that I did. Will replace with a Sony or Samsung.
on August 23, 2011
I have tried to update the firmware on this player many times but the update just does not complete. I have tried it on a wired connection too but have not had any success.

There seems to be some specific way to burn a disc for the update to work and this is not very clear from the manual ot he process of burning a disc mentioned in the manual does not work either.

Other than that the DVD player is good audio and video quality. But I was really interested in the internet apps.
on November 27, 2013
I suppose this is a fine blue-ray player in the sense that it plays blu-ray discs and has wifi. But the interface is HORRIBLE. Specifically, it's excruciatingly slow. Push a button on the remote, wait anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds (yes, I said 10 seconds), and the device responds. The delay is so long that you begin to wonder if the device received the signal, so you push the button again only to get the effect of 2 button presses when it finally decides to respond. It is absolutely infuriating to use.

I love Panasonic products in general, but this thing suffers from a terribly slow interface.
on August 9, 2011
If I had known the DLNA codec support completely utterly sucked, I would have purchased a cheaper just blu-ray player rather than blu-ray with all the supposed bells and whistles.

Well, it is an unimpressive player for DVD - I found it a bit grainy and such - I have my htpc setup which does not suffer poor video. In contrast my samsung pn51D550 was able to play almost all the dlna media I threw at it. I simply wanted a single point of control for my media watching - this is a disappointment.

For Blu-ray it was quite good, played very well.
Menu system : Poor, Ugly with huge icons and so many clicks to get to any menu. The entire menu and the cc text font and almost everything is just plain ugly when playing dvds. For blu ray it was very nice.
DLNA: support sucks, if you go back to the screen it has to go and search and search and refresh and all that. No getting around a fairly ugly screen that looks like something from the DOS days - probably used curses in linux or something ugly.
Resuming a disc: No memory of play position of ejected discs.
FirmwareUpdate: oh my god how long it took! I think it was well north of 30minutes, I might say closer to 45minutes if I'm not mistaken.
Netflix: I dont have it so I dont know.
Wifi setup: Awesome, pushed the button on the netgear router and this thing connected without a hitch.

As I said, if you want JUST a blu-ray player, this plays them extremely well. But if you are paying for the "features", I'm not sure you're getting your money's worth.
on April 8, 2012
I bought this unit from Amazon in November of 2011 for $149.99. It crapped out on me during the first week of April 2012 after infrequent use and wouldn't play anything. Since it was outside of Amazon's return window (about 60 days) I had to make a case for how ridiculous the policy was if the unit became defective in less than a year or even 6 months. Costco would have taken it back in a flash. Amazon did give me a full refund, however. Thank you Amazon! Although it was otherwise 'ok', I wouldn't march with it in the local Saint Patrick's Day parade. My biggest issue, other than the early demise, was how it handled older DVDs like Titanic and Midway. It yielded a sort of 'mini screen' that I couldn't correct so I had to use a regular cheap Toshiba DVD player which actually yielded a much better quality picture. Go figure. I bought a Samsung blu-ray player to replace this one for a lot less money at Costco and it handled the older DVDs with no problem and was generally better than the Panasonic in all ways - I have always had a prejudice against Panasonic since the 70s with their cheap hi-fi but the reviews prompted me to check it out - no more. I went to Costco because I was afraid of the Amazon return policy vs. Costco which will take almost anything back. Bought a 60" plasma from them last year and complained about a $3,000 50" Sony I had bought 3 years earlier and had to throw away. The Costco woman told me to bring it back but I wasn't about to go that far!