Questions & Answers
Panasonic DMP-BDT500P Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player
by Panasonic
3.8 out of 5 stars (248)
Used & New from: $230.00
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 86 questions
vote
vote
yes I found a chart for this model which says "offers full hd upsampling" I'm sure you realize that upscaled sd sources--i.e. 480i dvds-- can only looks so good when upscaled. in other words it won't look close to true 1080p hd quality. but it will offer noticeable improvement over native 480i. hope this helps. Arkadin
Dec 3, 2013 by Arkadin
votes
The video outputs available on this player are shown on page 10 of the owner's manual which can be found at http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/DMPBDT500-MUL.PDF .
Dec 18, 2013 by Fred Bassett
votes
Yes! BD-Video, BD-RE, BD-R DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW DVD +R/+RW/+R DL Compact Disc - Music CD CD-R, CD-RW I have many movies that I record from my DVR to DVD-R and DVD+R discs. I also have many thousands of music recorded on my DVD+/-/RW discs that I listen to with this player. Unfortunately, this player will not do any SACD discs. I hope this helps you out. It's a great player. Very well made and the DVD and Blue-Ray movies color are super brilliant. Amazing for such a inexpensive player. :)
Oct 12, 2013 by Cigarjohn47
votes
Interestingly enough, even though so many things like computers etc are multi-voltage, this device requires that it run on 120 Volts. It is listed in the owners manual as well as on the back of the unit.
Dec 2, 2013 by Geoffrey P.
votes
No for that Audio Quality you need to move up to the OPPO players at double the price. This is an excellent Blu-ray player but not Audiophile grade sound.
Apr 28, 2014 by Richard Earl Hoffman
votes
I have AT&T DSL modem & Linksys wireless router have no problems connecting to internet.
Dec 6, 2013 by cheviman
votes
No, this Blu-ray player wasn't intended to be used as a receiver. But you can play music cd's through it if connected to a speaker system. You can use a powered speaker system with this unit that uses RCA Jacks if you wish. Or; like you said, connect your old speakers to this unit with some type of a HDMI converter to RCA Inputs. But you still would need some type of a power source for your speakers. There are no amps built into this unit. And you can also use it for internet music as I use mine for Pandora music. I hope this helps you out somewhat. Have a great holiday. :)
Dec 2, 2013 by Cigarjohn47
votes
Yes, it does. If you power off and leave the disk in, it will also resume playing when you turn the machine back on. This is setup in the menu.
Dec 12, 2013 by Joseph D. Aschwanden
votes
Hello John, Yes,Panasonic DMP-BDT500 is providing audio playback during the first level of fast forward. This answer is correct for DVD Video playback,not Audio (CD's) If you want to replace your old Panasonic,this one is an perfect replacement. Regatds
Aug 15, 2013 by TechAdv
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers