Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on September 2, 2010
I just bought a Panasonic DMC-ZS7 camera which use the secure digital batteries. I can confirm that these batteries work correctly with the latest firmware for that camera (1.1). They have a run time equivalent to or longer than the Panasonic battery that came with the camera. If you need extra batteries for your Panasonic ZS7, I can highly recommend these.
44 comments13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2010
I ordered this 2-pack from Amazon about 2 weeks ago along with a Panasonic ZS7. I also have a late-made ZS3 for which I never bought a 2nd battery, since from what I read it was almost impossible to find one that worked, given Panasonic's aim to make users use proprietary batteries only. Then to everyone's dismay, it was almost impossible to find a genuine Panasonic replacement battery either.

These batteries work great in both cameras. The ZS3 was a late-made one so it had all the firmware updates. No problem. Same for the ZS7. Again no problem. I haven't charged the new batteries yet, but I imagine they will charge without any problem. If there is a problem, I'll come back and edit this review.

BTW - The GPS can easily be turned OFF on the ZS7. Once set to off, it doesn't come back on when the camera is turned off and then on again. You have to reset it to make it come on. It won't drain the battery when it's turned off. The GPS won't operate when the camera is closed if the GPS has been turned off to begin with.
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2011
I recntly purchased the 2 pack of the Power 2000 1200mAh batteries for my Panasonic ZS7, firmware 1.2. The camera does function with the battery but the remaining battery life scale is inaccurate. It goes from fully charged down to 1/3 discharges nice and slowly. However it then stays at 1/3 down until the battery icon flashes and then the camera turns off. In other words the 2/3 and 3/3 marks never go off. You go from 1/3 down to dead without warning. You better have another battery ready to use because you never know when the camera will shut down. It is hard to tell if the battery lasts longer then the stock battery.
on December 26, 2010
After purchasing the Panasonic ZS5 camera and reading about having to use only the expensive proprietary Panasonic batteries, I did some research. I always purchase a spare battery for any camera I buy but didn't want to fork out $50. Upon finding reviews at Amazon and other sites for this Power2000 battery and how they work with the ZS5 and 7 series cameras, I decided to give it a try. What a bargain - 2 for less than $27. When the batteries arrives I immediately tried them in my new camera and THEY WORK perfectly - no issues whatsoever. I can't say how long they'll last on one charge yet, but according to the reviews, they should last as long or longer than the authentic Lumix battery.

It's nice to know I have a few spares and at a very reasonable price. If you are sitting on the fence because you are iffy about them being compatible, I assure you they will work with the ZS5 and 7, but may not with the older Z series (not sure). Thanks for the screen savers too - a nice bonus.
on January 11, 2011
I was skeptical about using third party batteries in my new Panasonic ZS7 camera. I had direct experience with a Panasonic ZS6 not accepting a third party battery (returned the camera to Costco). I'm happy that I received exactly what I ordered and the batteries both work in the camera!
on October 8, 2010
I ordered 2 of these batteries from amazon/butterflyphoto and I am totally pleased with them.
Even with the free shipping, they arrived 4 days before the promise date.
They work perfectly with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7, firmware 1.2.
The original Panasonic battery is rated 875 mAh. These are rated 1200 mAh.
on September 6, 2010
After I ordered these, I discovered that Panasonic has released a firmware upgrade for my Lumix ZS1/TZ6. Firmware version 1.3. Updated firmware dis-allows 3rd Party batteries. Awaiting batteries and will report results upon arrival.
66 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2010
These batteries worked fine for the lumix camera. The two batteries lasted more than a full day (12 hrs) of picture taking.
on March 10, 2011
I was looking for non-Panasonic (i.e., cheaper) battery for my new ZS7 when I came across this one which reviews said worked with the ZS7. I can confirm that there are no problems with my ZS7, which runs firmware v1.2 and was purchased in February 2011 (not at Amazon). The next firmware version may lock out this and other third-party batteries, but v1.2 is happy with it.

I'm knocking off one star simply because I didn't get what was pictured. Mine are labeled "Bower" and have a stated capacity of 1450mah. I have not used the batteries extensively so I don't know if the capacity is really that high.
review image
22 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2011
What can you say about a battery? Especially since I haven't had the need to use them yet - I did charge them and made sure they worked but I bought them as backups. 2 batteries, reasonable price, good service - can't go wrong.