5.0 out of 5 stars It is identical to the original FZ200 camera battery.
Published 19 months ago by Ima Consumer

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery meter doesn't work with gh2
I spent the extra 30 dollars for this thing for my GH2 so I could see the battery meter, and lo and behold, the battery meter does not work. Maybe it works for the GH1 or other Lumix cameras, but the battery I received had chinese characters on it and displayed no battery meter when put in a Panasonic GH2
Published on July 6, 2012 by parker crane

5.0 out of 5 stars It is identical to the original FZ200 camera battery., December 14, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic DMW-BLC12 Lithium-Ion Battery for Panasonic Lumix® (Camera)
In reading some of the comments about this battery, I was concerned that this might not be the same as the original battery that came in my Lumix FZ200, and that it might not show the number of shots remaining. My concerns were groundless. It is the exact same battery as the original, and it functions totally the same. I took about a hundred photos today, and the battery indicator still shows a full charge.

I have marked this battery so I can differentiate it from the original, and if I ever notice any difference in performance between the two, I will update this review.

UPDATE: I recently shot 75 minutes of video and about 30 still shots on a full charge. The battery still had plenty of power left, but my job was done so I didn't shoot any more.

2nd UPDATE: I've had this battery for well over a year now, and I still don't notice any difference between this one and the one that came with the camera. Also, for what it is worth: Whenever I decide to shoot photos, I always start out the day with a freshly charged battery. During all of this time, I have NEVER had to change any of the batteries before the end of the day, no matter how many photos or videos I have taken.

5.0 out of 5 stars essential, January 26, 2012
I didn't want to worry about cheapo after-market batteries. With this one, the battery meter works, and it performs the same as the one that came with my panasonic gh2. It killed me to spend so much for a battey, so I only got one. I should have gotten another one to have 3 altogether (I knew it). A total of 3 would get you through a heavy day of shooting without outlets. Glad I got the OEM, and will eventually get another one. Maybe the aftermarket ones are fine, but I don't care to find out for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars You still need to get a true Panasonic Battery if you shoot video., April 10, 2013
I am usually one to look for a lower priced off brand battery. I have done that for every still camera I have owned with good results. With the GH2 however, you still need to get a true Panasonic battery. I haven't found any aftermarket batteries that communicate with the camera.

That is not that big of a deal if you are shooting stills since if the camera dies, you just put another battery in and keep shooting. You maybe might loose the last picture you took at the worst. When shooting video, if the battery gets depleted, the camera will just plain shut down and you will loose the entire clip you were recording. With an actual Panasonic battery, the camera will know when the battery is about to die and stop recording before shutting down, thereby saving your clip.

From reading some people's experiences, you may also have to be carefull of where you buy the battery as there are some counterfit Panasonic branded batteries out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars panasonic Lithium-Ion Battery, March 16, 2013
What can I say. It's a Panasonic Battery. Shipped quickly. Fit and finish is excellent. Need five more words. OK

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery meter doesn't work with gh2, July 6, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars every thing is ok, September 9, 2011
I bought it for my lumix gh2 and its working as expeted...OK. it lasts for 300 images.I needed 2 batteries to cover one day of Disneyland Paris from 10 am to 11pm

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away!, July 11, 2013
I bought this under the impression that it was a quality replacement battery for the GH2. It doesn't show display charge on the camera and last about 1/10th the time as the REAL lumix battery. Wasted my money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great second battery for my camera., June 14, 2013
I have to have a 2nd battery for my Lumix FZ200, and this battery is identical to the one that came with the camera, worth the money

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't go by the picture!, June 20, 2013
The battery pictures show the DMC-BLC12 with english characters, but the description says they are for the GH2HK. I received them in a 'better than promised' time frame, but the batteries had the Lumix logo with Kanji characters instead of english. Sure enough the camera will not display the battery life, so if it dies during a shot, you will lose that clip. To me it's an obvious attempt to mislead the buyer, hence the low rating. They are real Panasonic batteries, just not ones that will work in the plain GH2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Just Fine, July 20, 2012
Used it for three days straight as a secondary battery on a film shoot using a hacked Panasonic Lumix GH2 and it worked just fine. It also arrived in a timely manner.

Panasonic DMW-BLC12 Lithium-Ion Battery for Panasonic Lumix®