Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic DMW-BLC12 Lithium-Ion Battery for Panasonic Lumix®
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 14, 2012
In reading some of the comments about this battery, I was concerned that this might not be the same as the original battery that came in my Lumix FZ200, and that it might not show the number of shots remaining. My concerns were groundless. It is the exact same battery as the original, and it functions totally the same. I took about a hundred photos today, and the battery indicator still shows a full charge.

I have marked this battery so I can differentiate it from the original, and if I ever notice any difference in performance between the two, I will update this review.

UPDATE: I recently shot 75 minutes of video and about 30 still shots on a full charge. The battery still had plenty of power left, but my job was done so I didn't shoot any more.

2nd UPDATE: I've had this battery for well over two years now, and I still don't notice any difference between this one and the one that came with the camera. Also, for what it is worth: Whenever I decide to shoot photos, I always start out the day with a freshly charged battery. During all of this time, I have NEVER had to change any of the batteries before the end of the day, no matter how many photos or videos I have taken.
on April 10, 2013
I am usually one to look for a lower priced off brand battery. I have done that for every still camera I have owned with good results. With the GH2 however, you still need to get a true Panasonic battery. I haven't found any aftermarket batteries that communicate with the camera.

That is not that big of a deal if you are shooting stills since if the camera dies, you just put another battery in and keep shooting. You maybe might loose the last picture you took at the worst. When shooting video, if the battery gets depleted, the camera will just plain shut down and you will loose the entire clip you were recording. With an actual Panasonic battery, the camera will know when the battery is about to die and stop recording before shutting down, thereby saving your clip.

From reading some people's experiences, you may also have to be carefull of where you buy the battery as there are some counterfit Panasonic branded batteries out there.
on January 26, 2012
I didn't want to worry about cheapo after-market batteries. With this one, the battery meter works, and it performs the same as the one that came with my panasonic gh2. It killed me to spend so much for a battey, so I only got one. I should have gotten another one to have 3 altogether (I knew it). A total of 3 would get you through a heavy day of shooting without outlets. Glad I got the OEM, and will eventually get another one. Maybe the aftermarket ones are fine, but I don't care to find out for myself.
on June 20, 2013
The battery pictures show the DMC-BLC12 with english characters, but the description says they are for the GH2HK. I received them in a 'better than promised' time frame, but the batteries had the Lumix logo with Kanji characters instead of english. Sure enough the camera will not display the battery life, so if it dies during a shot, you will lose that clip. To me it's an obvious attempt to mislead the buyer, hence the low rating. They are real Panasonic batteries, just not ones that will work in the plain GH2.
on March 6, 2016
It says Panasonic is the seller. I don't know how to verify that but the one I received has some form of Asian writing on it (unlike the one included with the camera) and it doesn't hold a charge nearly as well as the one that came with the camera. The one that came with the camera says DMW-BLC12PP as the model number. This one is missing the PP. All the specifications (voltage, mAh, and Wh) are supposedly identical but the original lasts way longer than the one I received from here. The photo of the product here looks exactly like my original but not like the one I received from here.
on July 3, 2015
I was never happy with this battery since the charge never lasted as long as the original battery that came with the camera. Now after 6 months the battery DIED completely. I contacted the Amazon vendor 'Camera Geekz' twice & they never responded to my messages. It is written on their Amazon page: "camera geekz is committed to providing each customer with the highest standard of customer service." Well this is not the case. I kept the battery even though I should have returned it originally. It appears to be a fake or a lemon sold by Camera Geekz . I have owned batteries through the years & never had this problem before.
on December 13, 2013
I've bought this SKU on two occasions from Amazon according to my purchase history. The first time Amazon supplied an OEM Lumix battery identical to the one that comes with the GH2, also purchased from Amazon.
A year later I purchased another four using the same link. Sadly I received a different product this time around. The two variants are significantly different. The second shipment differ from the illustration (absence of the "PP" model number suffix which indicates the OEM product) and the onscreen battery level is not displayed. This means that the batteries do not communicate with the OEM circuitry in the Lumix GH2 which is designed to protect the camera, indicating an incompatible and/or non-genuine Lumix product.
on July 11, 2013
I bought this under the impression that it was a quality replacement battery for the GH2. It doesn't show display charge on the camera and last about 1/10th the time as the REAL lumix battery. Wasted my money.
on March 16, 2013
What can I say. It's a Panasonic Battery. Shipped quickly. Fit and finish is excellent. Need five more words. OK
on July 6, 2012
I spent the extra 30 dollars for this thing for my GH2 so I could see the battery meter, and lo and behold, the battery meter does not work. Maybe it works for the GH1 or other Lumix cameras, but the battery I received had chinese characters on it and displayed no battery meter when put in a Panasonic GH2
44 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse