Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic DMW-LVF2 External Live View Finder for DMC-GX1, DMC-LX7 Cameras (Black)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 5, 2016
Allows you to take off glasses, adjust diopter setting, and see clearly what is in and in front of the camera. You don't have to hold the camera at arm's length to see the image. Also good in direct sunlight.
on May 6, 2013
I have both the GX1 and LX7 (horses for courses), and would only use them indoors until now. The LVF2 dramatically improves the usefulness of these cameras especially now that we have bright sunlight here in the Northeast US.

Thanks to the ND filter function of the LX7 I can now open the lens outdoors and actually see the result.

The build quality is delightful. I was pleased that the dioptric adjustment wheel is hidden, which will protect it from accidental adjustment as I have experienced with other LVF cameras.
on March 25, 2014
I really love my little LX7 camera, but there was something about it I just didn't like, and that was holding it up like a phone to take a picture. After using it that way for 6 months I finally caved in and ordered this extra viewfinder and can report I am very happy I did so now and wish I did it from the start. It's just so much more easier to hold the camera up to your eye than holding it out in front of you like a cell phone. Also it's way less obtrusive when doing so.
on May 4, 2014
I think this view finder is a must for the serious photographer owner of an LX7. I used to have an LX5 with the previous model of the viewfinder (it doesn't work on the LX7 and viceversa) and this one is on another category. The image is clear and with excellent definition and the fact that can be angled makes working with a tripod breeze. It is not inexpensive but the LX7 merits it, more so if you can get a used one in good condition. Highly recommended
on June 28, 2014
I bought this add on optical viewfinder to use on my LX7 camera because I was becoming more and more frustrated with being unable to see the LED screen on a sunny day. This really solved the problem. It worked very well in fact it worked so well that I use it all the time. The down side is that it you can't put the camera in your pocket anymore, but for me I'm OK with this. To me it was more important to see the subject than to have the portability. I hesitated to buy it earlier because of the cost but for me it was worth buying it.
I bought the LVF2 to use on my Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1, a wonderful camera in sore need of a viewfinder.

The matte black LVF2 locks in the hot shoe and may be released by pressing a small button on the side. So a light bump or rub will not dislodge it. Although it's tiny, once mounted on the camera it sticks out considerably, mainly because the GX1 is so small! The diopter adjustment is hidden underneath and can only be adjusted when the viewfinder is tilted. A smart design that avoids inadvertent adjustment from rubbing your body or bag. The front of the LVF2 has a switch to toggle between EVF and LCD. The tilt feature is great for low level shooting but has a habit of tilting when I pull the camera from my bag. A stronger clamp or tilt lock would be welcome.

The LVF2 helps greatly with composing in bright light, a situation when the rear LCD is nearly invisible. Also, shooting at arm's length often resulted in blurry pics for me, a problem I rarely encountered using a viewfinder on a DSLR. The LVF2 allows me to steady the camera against my face, and right away I got nearly 100% sharp images. Also, the ability to tilt the LVF2 90 degrees is great, making video, low level and incognito shots a breeze.

If you mainly shoot in good light, you'll be a happy camper as the LVF2 is sharp, clear and vivid albeit. The LVF2 falls down a bit in low light with a somewhat gritty image. Also, tearing or smearing during panning can be pronounced even in good light. Of course none of the before mentioned impacts camera image quality or the usefulness of having a viewfinder for static shots.

Despite some minor disappointment with EVF display quality, I found the LVF2 a worthwhile purchase: use of the GX1 was more productive and the bottom line is I have a lot more sharp pics!
on August 2, 2014
A must-have for the GX-1, especially in bright sun. I have two GX-1s and both have EVFs. Near optical-quality high-resolution and tiltable for waist-level shooting. Seems the only upgrade the GX7 has is the EVF built-in, save money and get the GX-1 & and EVF while you can.
on June 12, 2014
Now I can frame my pictures like I really want to through a finder. This makes this almost perfect camera PERFECT!
Sunny days are no longer a problem and I use the finder almost exclusively under all conditions...makes it feel like a real camera and not an iPhone without call waiting.
on June 8, 2013
I like viewfinders. LED screens are nice, but if you want to to create nicely composed pictures in bright conditions a viewfinder is a must. My last camera had no viewfinder and I knew that with the GX1 I would have to have this. It is clever design and works very well. My only problem was with the manual which was one of those peculiar translations that left questions, and I needed the info to find and use the tilt and diopter feathers. My only issue is that with the viewfinder it doesn't really fit well in the case I got for it!
on November 10, 2013
It is perfect for my DMC-LX7 camera. I especially like the button that switches between the view finder and the LCD viewer. It is very bright. It snaps in place so that it fits securely and is in no danger of falling off the camera.